Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Top position battles for 2014
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,662

Top position battles for 2014

Feb 11, 2014, 10:28 AM

Whats everyones prediction for the position battles upcoming this year

QB-Stoudt/Kelly/Watson - I think coaches will realize Watson is the future and redshirt him to get stronger and learn system.
My prediction -Stoudt gets the nod due to consistency and knowledge of system.

RB gallman/dye/Davidson/brooks/choice,oglesby/etc - a year ago I would have definetly said dye would be our future rb but due to the nature of back injuries Im a little worried and hope he recovers fully. We know what brooks can do and have heard good things about the others.

-My Prediction brooks/gallman/dye(barring injuries) will be top three contributors in the running game with Davidson getting carries and the rest getting mop up duty. I think all the freshmen redshirt due to depth with exception of possibly oglesby.

WR- I think we will just have to sort the freshmen out and see who is ready and who isn't. I think a few redshirt and a few play.

My prediction- starters will be Peake/Humphries/Williams with hopper/a scott/ tj green/ and priester getting carries

TE- My prediction Legget starter with Milan/seckinger getting playing time

LB- My prediction I think boulware/odaniel and Korie rogers/bj goodson will be the main contributors alongside Anthony. I think rogers is more talented than goodson and will take over the spot later on in year.

All I got time for now
What say you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

goodson still has my favorite hit of 2013...

Feb 11, 2014, 10:33 AM

photo http---makeagifcom--media-1-05-2014-k82M_7_zps74223d25.gif

that's uga's all-world, future nfler at fb he blows up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do u remember when in the game that happened?

Feb 11, 2014, 11:37 AM

My buddy was telling me about that hit but I can't find a video of it anywhere so im just going to replay the whole game and watch it that way. If u remember at least what quarter it was that would help me out alot

i think it was around the 6:30ish mark of the q2.***

Feb 11, 2014, 11:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks***

Feb 11, 2014, 11:45 AM

I think 3 of the 4 WRs will avoid a RS

Feb 11, 2014, 10:40 AM

We need the numbers and the talent and with Kitt, Scott and Priester on campus already I wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 play this year. Scott has the most talent, Kitt is the most polished at the moment, and Priester is the most game ready since he's spent a year at Prep College.

Re: Top position battles for 2014- Jones at LB

Feb 11, 2014, 10:41 AM

I think he will be a factor even coming off the injury. Maybe not to the degree he would have been but we will need him to help us there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson

Feb 11, 2014, 10:48 AM

When its all said and done Watson will start. He's a 4 yr spread system starter a system very similar to clemson. The kid called his own plays for yrs now again top notch compo. Kid is an early enrollee meaning he has alot of extra months to be drilled and trained by morris. Dabo pretty much help take over the recruitment to seal it. This kid is going to get more than a opportunity to start in athens. Cole has been at clemson for 4 yrs and it don't look like he's any bigger than a true freshman watson..what 5lbs?? Sorry not buying the redshirt for strength when the starter barely weighs more.

College is a whole different game from high school...highly

Feb 11, 2014, 11:04 AM

doubt he comes in and gets the start. Our other QB's have actually SEEN our opponents and helped called plays against them. They're very familiar with our system and are talented themselves! Watson RSs...no way this kid starts his freshman year.

Re: Watson

Feb 11, 2014, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Watson ]

Watson's accomplishments in HS point toward an exceptional career with this offense. He does not seem to have a weak part to his game. I agree, he should be expected to start as a true freshman. Also, Adam Choice shows good strength, vision, and good top end speed. May the best men win.

I think Goodson makes it a competition

Feb 11, 2014, 10:57 AM

At Sam imo.

Goodson is not a SAM***

Feb 11, 2014, 1:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Linebacker position

Feb 11, 2014, 11:38 AM

TJ Burell, Stephone Anthony, Tony Steward

Next in line: Kellen Jones, Ben Boulware, BJ Goodson

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that is 6 backers that lay the wood.***

Feb 11, 2014, 1:21 PM

Great post

Feb 11, 2014, 1:31 PM

I really like Leggett's potential being 6-6 but Seckinger seems a little bulkier. I was hoping he'd grow another inch or two during the offseason.

Re: Great post

Feb 11, 2014, 3:48 PM

if leggett grows another inch he will be the perfect height for a qb in the ACC

Re: Great post

Feb 11, 2014, 3:51 PM

He'd probably be helpful on the basketball court as well.

Don't think that's right on LB...

Feb 11, 2014, 1:43 PM

We have to replace starters at the WILL spot and the SAM spot, so we need to look at who was behind the players that started last year and who actually plays those positions. I don't think most of the guys who would normally play WILL and MIKE would be able to do as much in coverage as they would need to do to play SAM.

At WILL, Steward is the obvious candidate for starter, as he now has a lot of experience and he's probably the most talented guy at that spot. Boulware, Jones, possibly O'Daniel, and Rogers could also contend for that spot. My money is on Boulware to back- up Steward.

At SAM, TJ Burrell was second on the depth chart to Christian last year, so he would be the presumed guy to step in and start next year. I do think he'll be challeneged by guys like O'Daniel (if he's still got the speed he had in HS after adding weight over the last year) and Rogers. I think we could also see either Blanks or Kearse move into this role, especially on passing downs.

At MIKE, Anthony will start, but Goodson, Jones, and Boulware will battle for the second spot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't think that's right on LB...

Feb 11, 2014, 2:03 PM

so CJ Davidson and Howard have no shot at RB?

Re: Don't think that's right on LB...

Feb 11, 2014, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Don't think that's right on LB... ]

i think that boulware stays behind anthony at MIKE, he has passed goodson there.

i think rogers falls in with kellen behind steward at the WILL

and SAM is probably the most open with Burrell, some freshman including redshirts and possibly blanks/kearse in there as well

another note on the nickel. i think that blanks is tough enough that if he adds weight he can grow into the permanent SAM/NICKEL hybrid people want Kearse to be. i want kearse at safety because of speed, hips, and instincts. if venables and reed can teach him some eye discipline he will be dangerous. very dangerous.

Re: Top position battles for 2014

Feb 11, 2014, 3:46 PM

agree with everything mostly

torn between the qb situation

i think seck edges out the TE job but splits a lot of time with coop and leggett. Look for Fleming to make a splash in the Darrell Smith role

tony steward will start at will linebacker, he is hungry and waiting for his chance. probably the second most talented linebacker behind anthony. however i believe that boulware might have great instincts at linebacker (not necessarily on spec. teams though) still he is very tough

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,662
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic