Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wife had a traumatic roach experience few nights ago
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Wife had a traumatic roach experience few nights ago

Oct 1, 2020, 10:46 AM

One landed on her and she jumped up screaming. Bugger went under the closet door. We couldn't ever find him again. As I am now tasked with all pest control activities in the house (minus termites), I went to Lowes.

To date the solution is as follows:
1) - Sprayed the outside perimeter/brick/vents on the house
2) - Sprayed the perimeter and all around the crawl space (incl. all pipe holes, etc.)
3) - Added foam to seal all pipe entrances into the house, and all holes to outside from crawlspace
4) - Sprinkled granules around all pine straw surrounding the house
6) - Sprayed inside while kids were out
7) - Sprayed outside dumpster inside and out

Did I miss anything short of burning the place down?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your defense is good, but you also

Oct 1, 2020, 10:50 AM

need to root out any that are already living in your framing, attic, crawlspace, etc.

The best way to do this is with bait. Roaches will eat the bait and deliver it to their nests, thus killing the whole nest.

I've used bait in old, decrepit Charleston houses that were INFESTED. Sure enough, after about a month of consistently applying bait, the roaches slowly start turning up dead, only to pretty much completely go away as long as you treat the place.

Bait goes in cabinets, drawers, vanities and closets.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By bait, I assume you mean raw hotdogs?***

Oct 1, 2020, 10:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They come raw?***

Oct 1, 2020, 10:58 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh, yeah? Where do you think the term "raw-dogging" came

Oct 1, 2020, 11:09 AM

from? I remember all the dads from the church youth group getting together once a month to go "raw-dog it" all weekend. I bet they went through so many packs of hotdogs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh, yeah? Where do you think the term "raw-dogging" came

Oct 1, 2020, 2:14 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

No sir

Oct 1, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to By bait, I assume you mean raw hotdogs?*** ]

it's gel bait.

Not to be confused with the similar-sounding bait that CS02 likes to get his fingers wet and stinky in.

master?***

Oct 1, 2020, 11:09 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is a serious response to one roach

Oct 1, 2020, 10:52 AM

You should get inside dogs, then you just wouldn't GAF because they keep the place so trashed.

It wasn' just one. It was the one that caused me to be

Oct 1, 2020, 11:08 AM

woken by a hysterically screaming wife at 2am one night. Been seeing 4-5 a week alive lately. Plus one or so every few days dead. They were clearly getting worse, but JFC the trauma of being woken up in the middle of the night....was way worse than the roach. I thought someone had broken in, a child had died, house was on fire, something horrible. I mean in those first 10 seconds you have no clue what's going on.

Now as a guy who spent months in the jungles of Belize and Guatemala in a freaking hut with 2 hours of generator electricity a day, and checking shoes for scorpions every morning, and hearing bats buzz my head at night, and seeing them nesting on the ceiling of the hut above me with my flashlight every night, and getting bat #### all over me, I can't handle this 2am screaming spouse stuff. Kids, sure. I'm immune. Wife.....another story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slac house pest control. Order the 32% permethrin solution

Oct 1, 2020, 11:03 AM

from Amazon. Mix in own sprayer, spray inside, spray outside....KILL everything! Farthest I've ever seen a roach make it inside the house is about 5 ft. Every now and again, I'll spray with bifenthrin, which is still a pyrethrin, but it's a different molecule and it keeps the crawly fuggers on their toes.

or, alternatively....1. Spend $3 on a bottle of Boric Acid

Oct 1, 2020, 11:15 AM

2. Sprinkle in dark nooks and corners in house, under fridge, other places roaches may hang out.
3. Never see roaches or bugs again. If dogs eat/wallow/snort, absolutely no harm done. Bonus: kills fleas too.
4. Profit from milk in refrigerator.

https://www.dollargeneral.com/zap-a-roach-boric-acid-roach-ant-killer-16-oz.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You struck on this one, big time, mane

Oct 1, 2020, 11:18 AM

stick that bad boy in a water bottle and sell that #### to 19B®

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is all you need

Oct 1, 2020, 12:50 PM

I put them out every August

Keep all those other nasty chemicals out of your house

https://smile.amazon.com/Hot-Shot-Ultra-Liquid-ROACH/dp/B0035TSF1Y/ref=sr_1_6?crid=23H3JTA52DUTN&dchild=1&keywords=hot+shot+liquid+roach+bait&qid=1601570942&sprefix=Hot+shot+%2Cindustrial%2C152&sr=8-6

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

The first time Red and I boinked

Oct 1, 2020, 12:52 PM

I stayed over (weak, I know). I woke up in the middle of the night to a massive scream, the comforter thrown off of me, and Red on top of me (not in the cool way). A Palmetto bug had been in bed with us also. I believe this counts as a threesome? I pulled the comforter off of the floor where it landed and there it was, in all of its glory, just trying to get out of there before I killed it. One of the few times I have killed a bug while being butt ### naked in front of a girl I had just disappointed.

Great memory to remember our first time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

That was Jesus saying you should wait until marriage***

Oct 1, 2020, 12:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

They were married. That was their 1 month anniversary.***

Oct 1, 2020, 2:16 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Red, boinking and still no newdies of Red

Oct 1, 2020, 7:23 PM [ in reply to The first time Red and I boinked ]

Life is a disappointment.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Advion works.

Oct 1, 2020, 12:55 PM

I live in an old house with a crawl space, prone to roaches. This is the most effective stuff I've found:

https://www.amazon.com/advion-Plungers-Cockroach-Insecticide-Australian/dp/B00730QW70/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=advion&qid=1601571247&sr=8-1

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you apply that? Rectally?***

Oct 1, 2020, 2:31 PM

Top down!

Oct 1, 2020, 3:32 PM

They will drop from trees to roof. Did you hit the chimney(s) and soffit?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have no trees over the house.

Oct 1, 2020, 3:36 PM

Didn't hit the soffits. Any roach that gets into the house will cross no less than 3 chemical barriers, 4 really.

you went to lowes

Oct 1, 2020, 3:33 PM

first mistake.

how about hire a pesticide guy and get the job done right.

oh thats right you are poor and cheap. I forgot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got me nailed.

Oct 1, 2020, 3:42 PM

You really should make this a career somehow.

Re: Wife had a traumatic roach experience few nights ago

Oct 1, 2020, 7:10 PM

Set off a few bug bomb. Stuff actually works.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic