Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Trevor Lawrence ranked No. 1 in QB rankings, Justin Fields tabbed as top 'playmaker'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,493

TNET: Trevor Lawrence ranked No. 1 in QB rankings, Justin Fields tabbed as top 'playmaker'

May 15, 2020, 1:11 PM

Trevor Lawrence ranked No. 1 in QB rankings, Justin Fields tabbed as top 'playmaker'

Clemson's Trevor Lawrence and Ohio State's Justin Fields will be in the same conversation surrounding the upcoming season's action quite a bit. Lawrence topped Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Top “Playmaker” ? Why all the recent effort to gin up

May 15, 2020, 1:18 PM

enthusiasm for Fields?

Sounds sorta like the old Pro style QB vs Duel Threat QB.

‘playmaker’?

I simply say ... Who won the head-to-head match-up making sensational plays with his feet??

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence ranked No. 1 in QB rankings, Justin Fields tabbed as top 'playmaker'

May 15, 2020, 2:13 PM

The top 2 in this list are no-brainers. Trevor and Justin Fields are a cut above everyone else.

D'Eriq King will finish the season a lot higher than #11. If there is a season, ACC fans are in for a treat. We'll still slap the mess out of Miami, but King will put on a show.

Last comment: I'll eat my hat if Ian Book is considered a top 5 QB at season's end. His ceiling is low and he'll be lucky to finish in the top 10 of anyone's list.

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence ranked No. 1 in QB rankings, Justin Fields tabbed as top 'playmaker'

May 15, 2020, 5:37 PM

Yeah... Ian book as #5 QB in the nation?? Don't think so.

Media setting up the narrative to give the Heisman to Fields

May 15, 2020, 2:30 PM

...sure Trevor is great, but Fields is the "playmaker"...equals "most valuable".

Just my disdain for the Heisman charade.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Making plays means nothing if you don’t win the game

May 15, 2020, 2:55 PM

Trevor made the plays while Fields threw the pick.

Re: Making plays means nothing if you don’t win the game

May 15, 2020, 4:41 PM

DueWest said:

Trevor made the plays while Fields threw the pick(s)

FIFY...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2020, 2:56 PM

I guess whoever wrote the article didn’t know that Trevor actually has more rushing yards than fields on 34 less attempts. I also don’t think fields can read a defense. He relies purely on his WR talent which is why he smoked the rest of the Big 10 while throwing a pick to end the game against Clemson. Also as everyone on here knows Trever sat many a 3rd and 4th quarter. Looking at the play by play most games fields played well into the 4 quarter. Both are very good yes, however I don’t think you can say with a straight face fields is the better playmaker.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,493
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic