Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson ranked No. 8 best fanbase
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Clemson ranked No. 8 best fanbase

Dec 14, 2017, 3:59 PM

https://fansided.com/fandom250/clemson-tigers/college-2017/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah right! You can't tell me 7 better fanbases than the

Dec 14, 2017, 4:01 PM

tigers have.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Top 3: Ohio State, Alabama, Notre Dame

This article has no credibility.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Re: Top 3: Ohio State, Alabama, Notre Dame

Dec 14, 2017, 4:17 PM

None, bc we are second to none and most know this!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Top 3: Ohio State, Alabama, Notre Dame

Dec 14, 2017, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Top 3: Ohio State, Alabama, Notre Dame ]

Especially for Notre Dame, I guess they didn't watch/haven't seen pictures of the sea of red when they played UGAy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ridiculous***

How can you compare fans that sit in 99 degree and 30 degree

Dec 14, 2017, 4:04 PM

temperatures, in monsoons, and wind storms, with those that only go to games that have padded seats in a comfy air-conditioned arena?

Everyone knows we are #1 in everything.***

Dec 14, 2017, 4:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson ranked No. 8 best fanbase

Dec 14, 2017, 4:11 PM

#7??? What kind of a slow-witted, thick-skulled, freedom-hating hippie put together this list!?

Dec 14, 2017, 4:15 PM

Sounds to me like for sure they have us mixed up with some other fan base bc, we are Clemson with the #1 fan base in the country!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't see our little brother on that list.***

Dec 14, 2017, 4:25 PM

UNC and Duke ahead of Clemson????? I totally disagree.***

Dec 14, 2017, 4:43 PM

shooty hoops***

Dec 14, 2017, 4:51 PM

As someone who just attended the Pac-12 Championship....

Dec 14, 2017, 4:47 PM

USC has absolutely no f*&%ing business in the top 10 of this list. They couldn't even fill the bottom deck of Levi's stadium for the Pac-12 title game held in their own state. Stanford fans were even worse. The game was less than 20 miles from their campus!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

That's all we deserve because we have no real spirit!

Dec 14, 2017, 5:00 PM

We don't flip other teams off when they score, we don't throw crap on the field and we don't sex each other up in the parking lot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's all we deserve because we have no real spirit!

Dec 14, 2017, 5:12 PM

The list only goes to 24 it appears, but glad we don't see the bottle throwers there. Hope someone posts this on FGF. Of course they'll say we cheated or paid to be in the Top 10.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's all we deserve because we have no real spirit!

Dec 14, 2017, 5:14 PM

Or they will claim that they're actually 25th on the list, just like they always claimed to be the "26th ranked team" or the best unranked team all season long. Yawn.

Dec 14, 2017, 5:09 PM

Maybe Notre Dame has the most fans but not the most passionate. 80% of Notre Dame fans are the people from like Massachusetts or somewhere that doesn't have a decent team and they just say "well I'm Irish, so go Fighting Irish!"

Dec 14, 2017, 6:13 PM

kind of my thought too. If some yankee is going to go out to buy a t-shirt, Clemson is not likely to be first on his list. If the buyer is out west, same thing. In the South, Bama has to be recognized. But when it comes to die-hard fans, willing to fill a large stadium in less than ideal conditions, will to travel and especially so for bowl games, then its difficult to find a base with better fans than us (honestly, you'd have to give the coots a nod - at least for the first half)

Dec 14, 2017, 5:59 PM

The Duke and UNC fan bases ranked above us, that is a joke. Duke is relevant in only one sport. UNC three sports at maximum. I will put our overall sports programs and our Death Valley crowd up against any other university fan base in the country.

Dec 14, 2017, 6:47 PM

If you were just ranking football it would be tough to put us that low but that Duke made the list at all says basketball was too heavily weighted in the metric they used.

Actually, it's tough to see a fair way to rank fans. If you just go by ticket sales, there are venues with more seats than DV and those seats get filled. But then places like UM and OSU have several times the number of students and alums.

Same goes for merchandise sales or alumni and fan donations to the sports programs. Just don't think there's a data set that would allow an accurate, objective pro-rata evaluation of fan bases so you are left with subjective click-bait like this particular opinionated ranking.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic