Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Top 10 guess for tomorrow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 2,406

Top 10 guess for tomorrow

Nov 4, 2019, 7:21 PM

LSU
OSU
Bama
Clemson
PSU
UGA
Okla
Oregon
Baylor
Utah

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1. Clemson

Nov 4, 2019, 7:22 PM

2. Don't care
3. Don't care
4. Don't care
5. Don't care
6. Don't care
7. Don't care
8. Don't care
9. Don't care
10. Don't care

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1. Clemson

Nov 4, 2019, 7:24 PM

Well I care about college football. Ofcourse not as much as I do Clemson football but it's still fun.

I agree - CU at 1 - why would the committee even think of

Nov 4, 2019, 8:48 PM [ in reply to 1. Clemson ]

anything else -

Same offense (miss 13) - receiver depth, RB depth, Line probably better - I mean dang

Defense at least on par for best - secondary stepping up - #11

24-0

Beat the ### brakes of their last #1 seed in front of the whole dang nation -

How stupid do you think they are....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree - CU at 1 - why would the committee even think of

Nov 4, 2019, 8:56 PM

terrier2® said:

anything else -

Same offense (miss 13) - receiver depth, RB depth, Line probably better - I mean dang

Defense at least on par for best - secondary stepping up - #11

24-0

Beat the ### brakes of their last #1 seed in front of the whole dang nation -

How stupid do you think they are....

Exactly!
And all the same junk will get Bama "or LSU" beat this time around! The same old "lame" they don't play nobody and won't be ready for our speed garbage! They won't be able to handle us in the trenches! Please with that mee-lee mouth cartoon shenanigans b.s. 24 straight and they were not all against the ACC! In fact, literally laughing, one was against the so called greatest team in SEC history! HaHa!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Top 10 guess for tomorrow

Nov 4, 2019, 7:34 PM

Why do you think LSU will be #1? Is it because they played Texas close and won? Is it because they scored 66 on Vandy who scored 38 on them. Is it because they beat FL who lost to GA who lost to scar?

CLemson #1
Who cares on the rest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2019, 7:37 PM

Because they have 3 wins over ranked teams with two of those teams still being in the top 15. You can discredit their opponents if you wish, but it’s not like any team has a bunch of wins against unbeaten teams.

Nov 4, 2019, 8:43 PM

Because they have 3 wins over ranked teams with two of those teams still being in the top 15. You can discredit their opponents if you wish, but it’s not like any team has a bunch of wins against unbeaten teams.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/teams/LSU/lsu-tigers/schedule/regular/

Texas - way, way, way overrated!
Auburn - anyone who watches football knows they got lucky as Hades to beat Oregon. Oregon.
Florida - the Flo-Rida back up QB helped guide the Gators to 28 points.

The rest of their schedule is highly manageable! That's why! Texas lost to K-State and b/c of that win and Texas being overrated similar to SEC schools K-State gets ranked this week. All a self-fulfilling prophecy when you stack the deck in favor of the teams you like more than others. Why they like certain team$ more than other$ i$ not known! They just love them some Texas, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan, Nebraska, Southern Cal right out the gate! If any of those teams do anything remotely positive "it gets overblown"!

Nov 4, 2019, 10:06 PM

Kstate and Texas haven’t played yet.

I was wrong. Yep!

Nov 4, 2019, 10:17 PM

Kstate and Texas haven’t played yet.

I meant TCU.

K State beat Oklahoma.

Re: I was wrong. Yep!

Nov 4, 2019, 10:22 PM

I agree btw that Texas was overrated. Still though, winning there on the road is a pretty solid OOC win. I think we’d beat LSU, but I think they deserve the #1 spot based on this season so far. They’ll either lose this weekend and drop from there anyway, or they’ll win and further earn the spot for now.

Re: I was wrong. Yep!

Nov 4, 2019, 11:01 PM

Agreed

Nov 4, 2019, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Top 10 guess for tomorrow ]

Why was Auburn lucky to beat Oregon? Because they trailed by 15 early in the 3rd? Were we lucky to beat UNC this year?

Why does giving up 28 points to Florida make the win mean less? Did our wins in 2016 over Louisville, FSU and VT not count because we gave up 36, 34 and 35 in those games? Should we give back the NC trophy because we also gave up 43 in a loss to Pitt that same season?

In any case, I’m not saying LSU can beat us. I’m just saying why they’re going to be ranked ahead of us tomorrow night.

Nov 4, 2019, 10:20 PM

Why was Auburn lucky to beat Oregon? Because they trailed by 15 early in the 3rd? Were we lucky to beat UNC this year?

Why does giving up 28 points to Florida make the win mean less? Did our wins in 2016 over Louisville, FSU and VT not count because we gave up 36, 34 and 35 in those games? Should we give back the NC trophy because we also gave up 43 in a loss to Pitt that same season?

In any case, I’m not saying LSU can beat us. I’m just saying why they’re going to be ranked ahead of us tomorrow night.

Don't be dramatic clemson2003 - Louisville had - Petrino, FSU had - NC winning coach Fisher. VT had Fuente and a pretty good QB which he hasn't had since. Matt Canada was so good as Pitt Coordinator that your precious LSU hired him the next season as OC.
And all I am saying is - this same story played out last year as they went through(or rather as Bama went through) the overrated SEC. 29.1 ppg win margin. If you can do that in that thought to be tough conference then teams from another conference shouldn't come within 50. LOL! Buzzer sound - wrong!

Nov 4, 2019, 11:06 PM

Bama would have beaten most team last year by double digits. They played us evenly on the stat line. Yes we beat them 44-16 but they were much better than that score last year. LSU deserves every bit of their number 1 ranking that will come out tomorrow. We will finish the year 1 that is all that matters to me but you could and probably should put LSU and OSU ahead of us right now.

And Hillary won the popular vote.

Nov 5, 2019, 6:16 AM

I have agreed with much of what you have said on this thread, but the idea that the Alabama game was remotely close is stupid. Did you ever think about why the stat sheet was similar?

1) Venables was willing to give up some Alabama ball control for protecting against the big play (bend don't break).
2) Alabama was desperate to the point that they repetitively went for it on 4th down. Going for it on 4th down is a gamble for winning the real way but it makes the stats look good. Failing is basically a turnover, but does not show up on the stat sheet that way. If they are successful, then they get to pad the stats.
3) THE OFFENSE DOES NOT GET TO KEEP GOING AFTER A TOUCHDOWN. Can you imagine what the score would have been if the rules were like a pickup, make it/take it basketball game? We would have hung 100 on them. We essentially kept stopping ourselves on the stat sheet by scoring TD's.

That game wasn't close in any way, shape, or form. Some games can be closer than they seem on the scoreboard, but that sure as heck wasn't one of them.

Re: And Hillary won the popular vote.

Nov 5, 2019, 8:18 AM

The only difference was 3rd downs, turnovers, and redzone. Now that is the keys to winning no doubt but to act like we were just head and shoulders above Bama is taking it out of proportion. We were better no doubt but if we played that game 10 times that would have probably been the largest margin of victory. In not saying we didn't kick butt man I'm just saying Bama was a better team than how the scoreboard turned out.

How Do You Figure!

Nov 5, 2019, 12:38 PM

CMoneyTiger - stick around football long enough and you will know - there's more than one way to "dominate"! If I make you do exactly what I manipulate you into doing; "I AM DOMINATING YOU".
Your looking at offensive stats - yet you are not looking at the most critical offensive stat! How many points did they score?

Much like I am saying this season - they are destroying SEC foes like last season. Getting a ton of credit for doing so - even squads that lost to Georgia State and San Jose St. Keep on giving them all this credit and "not learning" from the arrogant thought that since they have that SEC patch stitched on their jersey they are automatically better! And history can and just may repeat itself!

Before all else is said or argued - people thinkk of LSU and Bama as "SEC TEAMS"! Which again, is the problem. Since they are SEC teams and they score lots of points - they must be unstoppable to the rest of college football seems to be the thought. Maybe but most likely that not the case.

Do you also think that Alabama team was the greatest college football team in the history of the sport? If so, what does that make Clemson? Who took pity-on-the-fools and took a knee instead of making it 5 TD's margin of victory.

Re: How Do You Figure!

Nov 5, 2019, 12:59 PM

All I am saying is Bama last year was better than the 44-16 scoreboard showed. We played great on 3rd down and in the redzone, had a couple turnovers and the game got away from them. Ofcourse I believe we were better and I thought we would win. Bama was pretty good but they had better D's in the past and Tua is good but not as great as the media makes him out to be imo. Yes we dominated on the scoreboard but we couldn't stop Jacobs and the turnovers certainly changes the game early. We had a great game plan and TL played great on 3rd down. Our D stood strong in the redzone and created turnovers that we needed. I'm just saying Bama was surely good and deserved the hype they received last year. We were better that day and may have been on any day but not 28 points better on most days imo.

Re: How Do You Figure!

Nov 5, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to How Do You Figure! ]

All I am saying is Bama last year was better than the 44-16 scoreboard showed. We played great on 3rd down and in the redzone, had a couple turnovers and the game got away from them. Ofcourse I believe we were better and I thought we would win. Bama was pretty good but they had better D's in the past and Tua is good but not as great as the media makes him out to be imo. Yes we dominated on the scoreboard but we couldn't stop Jacobs and the turnovers certainly changes the game early. We had a great game plan and TL played great on 3rd down. Our D stood strong in the redzone and created turnovers that we needed. I'm just saying Bama was surely good and deserved the hype they received last year. We were better that day and may have been on any day but not 28 points better on most days imo.

Nov 4, 2019, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Top 10 guess for tomorrow ]

LSU will surely be 1. They have the best resume by far. Not saying they are better than us but the committee has to put them at 1.

Nov 4, 2019, 7:37 PM

LSU
Ohio St
Clemson
Alabama

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Nov 4, 2019, 8:25 PM

If the best team this decade just plays all average or worse teams, but another good team goes undefeated against say 5 highly ranked teams. Does the best team this decade get ranked #1 or get lowered because another team played a tougher schedule???

Just asking for a friend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2019, 10:01 PM

This is my guess for tomorrow not what I think it should be

Nov 4, 2019, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Top 10 guess for tomorrow ]

The best decade team would be ranked lower. The rankings are for the current season. They aren’t the lifetime achievement rankings.

Nov 4, 2019, 11:07 PM

Thank you for having some common sense 2003

Not bad but I think the cfp committee has been more impressed with us in the past than

Nov 4, 2019, 8:46 PM

The other polls. So I’m guessing we will be second or third.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2019, 8:54 PM

1 LSU
2 Clemson
3 Oh St
4 Bama
5 Penn St

6-10 just fighting for table scraps.

Nov 4, 2019, 10:19 PM

My gut guess:

1 - LSU
2 - OSU
3 - 'Bama
4 - Clemson
5 - Penn St

and an awful lot of football to be played this coming weekend to tip the scales....

Go Tigers!!!

Isn't that the AP poll?***

Nov 5, 2019, 2:05 AM

Re: Isn't that the AP poll?***

Nov 5, 2019, 8:19 AM

Close to it just a few changes.

Replies: 30
| visibility 2,406
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive