Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sunday afternoon. Drinking beer. Jamming on the front porch.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Sunday afternoon. Drinking beer. Jamming on the front porch.

Jul 5, 2020, 1:01 PM

Probably won’t get to play out until 2021...
so the porch will have to do for now.
Westbrook Citrus Ninja canned 06/26/20
Thinline Telecaster.
New to me Vox AC30...this thing is LOUD.
And the beer is FANTASTIC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s a purdy axe. Where you at?

Jul 5, 2020, 1:10 PM

It’s so hot and humid here today I think the neck would just curl up if i took a good guitar outside.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s the thing I’ve found about Fender guitars...

Jul 5, 2020, 1:48 PM

most of them take the heat and humidity really well. This Tele has traveled the country and stayed in the band van for years. Heat. Cold. Humid. Arid. You name it. This guitar deals really well with changes in atmospheric conditions. I think I had it set up once. It’s just a workhorse that rolls with the punches. To answer your question, I’m in the upstate right on the border of Greenville and Spartanburg counties. It is HOT and HUMID here now. Just playing on the porch so I won’t bother SheFree as much. Playing the AC30 in the house would be unbearable.

Here’s the Tele in a 2019 live setting. It’s an awesome guitar:

cool shots! Also, I’m not sure how you did it,

Jul 5, 2020, 2:43 PM

But it takes some major juice to convince John Popper to sit in on the keys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’s a kid named Demetre,

Jul 5, 2020, 2:52 PM

And yes...he looks a lot like mid 90s John Popper. We call him “Tiny”. He also plays harmonica. I really like that kid.
He can play ANYTHING on his little computer/keyboard setup.

That’s awesome

Jul 5, 2020, 4:47 PM [ in reply to That’s the thing I’ve found about Fender guitars... ]

What kind of music do y’all play?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The band started off as an original act called Evoka.

Jul 5, 2020, 8:31 PM

We recorded our first demo in 1999.
The last release was in 2007 entitled Cries from the Castlegate Empire. You can listen to it on YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc.
Evoka is dead, but I hope we can revive it in 2021, because we really were a great band.

To fund our quest to make original music, we found that we could make much more money doing covers, so we started a cover band and got really good at it. Evoka may be long gone, but we have a few other people join us to kill the covers every now and again. Most of the songs are rock songs from the 90s and 2000s with a sprinkling of Doors, Johnny Cash, Zeppelin, AC/DC, and Tom Petty.
Our last show was a tribute to the 25th anniversary of Tom Petty’s Wildflowers album. We played all 15 songs and 3 Or 4 other Petty hits back in December of 2019.

Info from that show (it was an awesome gig):
https://m.facebook.com/theramkat/posts/923787091349201

I’m just hoping we get to play out in 2021. I don’t care if it’s originals or covers. I just want to play out again.

Always smilin!

Jul 5, 2020, 5:50 PM [ in reply to That’s the thing I’ve found about Fender guitars... ]

yeah c'mon!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Japan’s ambassador killn’ some Hendrix yesterday:

Jul 5, 2020, 1:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa_1_ME_56U&feature=youtu.be

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Japan’s ambassador killn’ some Hendrix yesterday:

Jul 5, 2020, 1:48 PM

He looks like Jonathan Winters!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Basically 75+ years since Pearl Harbor, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki.

Jul 5, 2020, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Japan’s ambassador killn’ some Hendrix yesterday: ]

So we really do still have a chance to find peace and common ground in this world.
I find this video really encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

Ro Ku!!!***

Jul 5, 2020, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Japan’s ambassador killn’ some Hendrix yesterday: ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your chickens will be laying psychedelic eggs.

Jul 5, 2020, 2:09 PM

Enjoy my friend!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Sweet tele.***

Jul 5, 2020, 2:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too hot imo to be on the front porch. At least here in upstate.

Jul 5, 2020, 2:57 PM

I went out on the lake yesterday and didn’t drink enough water, got back and was extremely dehydrated to the point of vomiting, no energy and body cramps. Won’t make that mistake again.

Harpua has a blast though. Pic attached.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Vox AC30 might be one of the most coveted amps on the

Jul 6, 2020, 8:34 AM

market. I bet that rig sounds fantastic, and I can't wait until y'all do play live again. I'll mobilize the concert crew for sure!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic