Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Report: Tony Elliott being considered for head coaching job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

TNET: Report: Tony Elliott being considered for head coaching job

Dec 4, 2017, 11:35 AM

Report: Tony Elliott being considered for head coaching job

Clemson won their third straight ACC title in a row as they embarrassed Miami 38-3 on Saturday night. One of the underrated pieces of the ascension of the Clems Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope he doesn’t go anywhere

Dec 4, 2017, 11:51 AM

But he deserves it if he does. Exceptional coach and man.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Give that man a raise!!!!!***

Dec 4, 2017, 5:11 PM

Re: Hope he doesn’t go anywhere

Dec 4, 2017, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Hope he doesn’t go anywhere ]

So a coach, even a coach with HC experience, would want to follow a coach who went 12-0? I've always heard you want to be the guy who followed the guy. Sounds like a tough act to follow as your first gig!

Re: TNET: Report: Tony Elliott being considered for head coaching job

Dec 4, 2017, 11:55 AM

powerful stuff. I had seen that but had forgotten about it. I love Tony as one ofmy favoritetigers. Where ever he goes he will do well

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hate to lose him but he should take that

Dec 4, 2017, 11:59 AM

What an awesome opportunity for a bright young coach with strong ties to the South.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Jeff Scott reacts...

Dec 4, 2017, 12:00 PM
scott.png(100.0 K)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Impressive! Whether he ends up there or not

Dec 4, 2017, 12:02 PM

It’s a great statement about him and his work here. Congrats

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 12:03 PM

Eventually our coaches will get an offer that they cannot turn down. I wish them the best like I do every player that moves on to their next opportunity. We should all be grateful for the joy they have brought to our lives. I do not think Elliot will leave this year but I think he may at some point. I have no doubt that we have 3 or 4 coaches that will get offers this year of next.

Move Streeter to CO-OC and Tajh Boyd and QB Coach...

Dec 4, 2017, 12:16 PM

Good?

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

No to Tajh. Kyle Richardson would be the guy***

Dec 4, 2017, 12:30 PM

Make Trevor Lawrence the QB coach.***

Dec 4, 2017, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Move Streeter to CO-OC and Tajh Boyd and QB Coach... ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Make Trevor Lawrence the QB coach.***

Dec 4, 2017, 1:24 PM

We need to keep him at QB!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Make Trevor Lawrence the QB coach.***

Dec 4, 2017, 3:23 PM

What you mean? He will be both just like DW4 was... Best of both worlds. He just can't get paid the big bucks until he graduates.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Move Streeter to CO-OC and Tajh Boyd and QB Coach...

Dec 4, 2017, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Move Streeter to CO-OC and Tajh Boyd and QB Coach... ]

> Good?

No problem with Streeter to co-oc, no to Tajh Boyd to QB coach.

Dec 4, 2017, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Move Streeter to CO-OC and Tajh Boyd and QB Coach... ]

No problem with Streeter moving up to Co-OC, but we would need a good Running Backs coach to come in. Assuming Streeter and Jeff Scott keep their position coaching designations as well. I really would like coach Elliot to stay, but he deserves it if he goes. We will be okay if he goes, maybe not as efficient at first, but I have faith in both Scott and Streeter and the next RB coach.

Dec 4, 2017, 1:29 PM

Does all this co offensive coordinator talk mean that no one has any faith in Jeff Scott doing the job as the OC?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 2:44 PM

yes.. that's EXACTLY what that means... honestly, i don't even know why he's on staff.. (smh w/ rolled eyes)

RB Coach is considered the "easiest" to coach

Dec 4, 2017, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Move Streeter to CO-OC and Tajh Boyd and QB Coach... ]

and the best throw-away position if you want to hire another great recruiter.

I wouldn't be that worried about losing him in terms of what it would mean for our RBs.

Dec 4, 2017, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Move Streeter to CO-OC and Tajh Boyd and QB Coach... ]

I would love to see Tajh back in the program, but he needs exp in coaching before moving him into that.

However, I think there is one person who could be our RB coach. Time to step in Mr. C.J. Spiller

Dec 4, 2017, 1:29 PM

Love the Spiller idea. He just built a house nearby?

Dec 4, 2017, 1:31 PM

The only experience CJ has is with the rock in his hands. He has never coached any where.

Dec 7, 2017, 6:48 AM

You are correct, but a RB coach doesn't do a whole lot of coaching when it comes to technique. They make sure the guys know the formations and execution. As Tony Elliot himself said, as a RB, you either have it or you dont. Anyway, it was a thought.....i would love to have Tajh and C.J. back.

No

Dec 4, 2017, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Move Streeter to CO-OC and Tajh Boyd and QB Coach... ]

Would love to see Ramon Robinson (KB’s QB coach) on this staff though.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 12:27 PM

This is what happens when you're a winner, everybody wants what you have to improve what they have, they hope. I think that most aren't seeing that it's a combination of all our coaches complimenting each other, and that is what actually makes what we have work. To have what we have, they will need our entire staff. You can walk the horse to the water, but you can't make him drink....

Tony Elliott will make a great HC for some team ...

Dec 4, 2017, 1:01 PM

He's definitely a rising star and probably checks all the boxes for HC at some level.

Question is ... can he compete with existing experienced, successful head coaches with who will covet a job like UCF ?

Will he need to serve time leading an FCS level program to earn his shot?

Dec 4, 2017, 1:22 PM

Good luck Tony. I don't want to see you go, but we all grow up and move on to bigger and hopefully better things. God bless you. ONCE A TIGER, ALWAYS A TIGER!!!

Dec 4, 2017, 1:43 PM

Brings up something I've been wondering about for several seasons. With all of the sports media love for Bama, how come other teams haven't been raiding Nick Satan's pantry of assistant coaches to become their new head coaches? We proved the idea can work with Coach Dabo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably for the same reason that they haven't been raiding ours***

Dec 4, 2017, 1:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kirby Smart ?? And also Lane Kiffin ... ?***

Dec 4, 2017, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Tony Elliott being considered for head coaching job ]

Dec 4, 2017, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Tony Elliott being considered for head coaching job ]

wow.. what a post... go check the background of kirby smart and lane kiffin and will muschamp and jimbo fisher.. geez..

Dec 4, 2017, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Tony Elliott being considered for head coaching job ]

Jimbo Fisher, Jim McElwain, Will Muschamp, Mark Dantonio, Derek Dooley, and Kirby Smart just to name a few.

I figured his name would begin popping up one of these days

Dec 4, 2017, 1:55 PM

UCF would be a good choice if he's looking to make the jump. An established, successful non-power 5 school would give him more traction than a lower-tier P5 school like Duke or Vandy, for example. You could do a great job at either those two, and still not get more than 5 or 6 wins. At UCF, it would be easier to rattle off a string of 8, 9 or 10 win seasons and get noticed by the big boys.

Re: TNET: Report: Stay Tony Elliott

Dec 4, 2017, 2:22 PM

DO NOT want to see him go. His life has been tried in the fire and so brings a special perspective that will drive players to bring out their very best, beyond what any above average coach could bring. He knows what reaching down deep inside is all about on and off the field. Brings new meaning to the "adversity" that Dabo Talks about. We see the results on the field.

Congrats if he does get it.

Dec 4, 2017, 2:51 PM

Wish only the best for him.He will make millions and he deserves the opporunity.

Dec 4, 2017, 2:52 PM

i don't want to see him go, by any means... but, make no mistake about it.. clemson is where it is because of dabo swinney.. assistants will come and go, but the success of this program is from the mindset and lifestyle that CDS has instilled.

when any of our assistants leave for greener pastures, i'm confident that dabo will make the right hire to replace.

we are VERY lucky to have Dabo.

Dec 4, 2017, 3:29 PM

Well we only have one offensive coordinator instead of two. Isn’t that a good thing

Dec 4, 2017, 9:12 PM

Not really. Having one on the field and one in the press box has worked beautifully. Back to back NC games and back to back to back final 4 playoff designations say pretty clearly it has been a great thing. Some might not have noticed or thought about it, though our results do speak for themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish we could keep him all to ourselves...kind of hard....

Dec 4, 2017, 5:41 PM

...to let go. Best wish though wherever he ends up.

Dec 4, 2017, 6:11 PM

Don’t see him leaving - I think the current OC gets the job. I do expect TE to get a HC job in the next couple years though. When that happens I’d make Terry Allen my RB coach. He put in his time as a GA and seemed to do well with Wayne. I like CJ but would want him to at least have a GA year under his belt before making him an assistant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Elliott/Coach Scott

Dec 4, 2017, 7:29 PM

Prior to this news coming out; many of my fellow Tnet posters had a bunch of "hard criticism" for the play calling! Coach Scott and Coach Elliott " should be getting the same amount of criticism or credit!
Much like Coach Venables in Oklahoma when he was a co-defensive coordinator, many folks seem to really underestimate what Coach Elliott can do. You have to understand under Coach Morris these two were tasked with "game planning"! They put together, "what plays would work best against whatever defense"! They both come together and agree/disagree on what plays will work best! That being understood; understand "it's a team effort"!
As far as him leaving. CU assistants are some of the best paid in the country. Scott and Elliott not only played/graduated here; but they cut their teeth in coaching here. Hard to see him leaving if the opportunity is not absolutely perfect! I don't believe UCF is "perfect"! Why? Well, they just went undefeated. The fans may want you to be Scott Frost. Plus, even if you do well there you won't be competing for the playoffs. Dan Mullen, Tom Herman, Jimbo Fisher, Kirby Smart none had to go the FCS route 1st(as somebody suggested). Neither did Lincoln Riley Oklahoma HC.
Being from Rock Hill I can tell you Kyle Richardson is a "great play caller"! Sometimes guys are better at installing an offense; but not necessarily calling the "right plays at the right time"! He can adjust to what the defense is giving. Check one in the ; CU will be ok if Coach Elliott were to accept the position. But, just remember, if it ain't broke don't try and fix it so quick to the critics!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 8:20 PM

Live in Clemson the rest of your lives. Enjoy life..I made the mistake of money over it, but I'm coming back soon.
Good Churches... golf...good community....good folks...fishing ..hunting...schools.......MONEY AINT EVERYTHING...NOR IS THE PUBLICITY & prestige...
IF IT AINT Broke don't leave it.....the grass ain't so green on the outer side...
Just opinion based on my experience...and goals in life are met!

Dec 5, 2017, 10:14 AM

https://twitter.com/UCFSports/status/938053781748674560

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic