Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tony Elliott / GaTech Article in TI
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,184

Tony Elliott / GaTech Article in TI

Nov 29, 2018, 1:46 PM

Any of you guys read the piece from Larry Williams & Paul Strelow? I'm not sure what the intention was, but it sure looked to me like they were trying to sell GATech on the idea of hiring Tony away from the Tigers. Wierd!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was basically a glowing review of Elliott and how

Nov 29, 2018, 1:53 PM

great of a person he is. Contrasted his personality to PJ's personality and how Elliott is a great recruiter and has an incredible reputation in the ATL area.

Also said that GT is likely interested in Troy's head coach and App St's head coach but that Elliott would seem to check all the boxes as well.

Just hammered home how genuine the guy is and how he got ETN and Lynn-J Dixon to both consider Clemson at basically the 11th hour after our other RB's we were recruiting fell through.

Re: It was basically a glowing review of Elliott and how

Nov 29, 2018, 2:06 PM

Look man, I read quite well and read the entire article. I know it correctly outline Tony's many fine attributes. The question was: WHY GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO POINT THEM OUT TO GEORGIA TECH?

I guess I'm assuming that most AD's aren't idiots and

Nov 29, 2018, 2:11 PM

know the type of people Dabo Swinney has surrounded himself with. If an AD is persuaded one way or another by an article on Rivals.com or Tigernet.com, then they probably should be fired immediately.

Not talking about the elephant in the room

Nov 29, 2018, 2:06 PM

doesn't make it disappear. Fact is that Tony Elliot is being considered for head coaching jobs. His name has come up with regard to the Georgia Tech opening. The guys over at Tiger Illustrated are journalists first and foremost (assigned to covering Clemson for Rivals). So, they reviewed the possibility of a fit for Tony Elliott at Georgia Tech. There doesn't need to be some hidden "intention" behind the coverage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,184
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic