Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Bowden would pick Deshaun Watson as his go to QB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

FB Update: Bowden would pick Deshaun Watson as his go to QB

Oct 13, 2016, 9:51 AM

Bowden would pick Deshaun Watson as his go to QB

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Bowden would pick Deshaun Watson as his go to QB

Oct 13, 2016, 9:58 AM

Please stop posting these ridiculous articles about Tommy Bowden. Desean Watson would suck in Bowden's system. Hell, even Bowden sucked in his system! Bowden is fired, loooong gone, and thankfully we have Dabo for now (until Saban retires). we would never have reached the heights that we have seen under Bowden. that is all.

Oct 13, 2016, 10:02 AM

Bubble screen Bowden

Tou couldn't pick him because you couldn't have recruited him.

Oct 13, 2016, 10:01 AM

I still think Bowden did a lot for this university but I for one could give 2 ##### what his opinion is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe the point was his support of DW4?

Oct 15, 2016, 5:36 AM

While the media has been infatuated with Jackson, TB is reminding them who is the best overall qb. Nothing wrong with that

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, there you have it. We can all start believing in DW4

Oct 13, 2016, 10:02 AM

now. The expert has spoken.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Idk if Tigernet is trolling us or Bowden

Oct 13, 2016, 10:04 AM

I'm still curious....

Oct 13, 2016, 10:04 AM

why anyone cares what this buffoon says or thinks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

maybe it's time to move to Florida***

Oct 13, 2016, 10:28 AM

Please include the word "Tommy" next time

Oct 13, 2016, 10:32 AM

so I know not to click. I care about Bobby's opinion, and maybe even Terry's. Definitely don't care what crybaby Tommy thinks.

"track record"?

Oct 13, 2016, 10:49 AM

that's it? Track record? How shallow is that? I would describe it as thus:

1) elusivity in pocket (sure, LJ is great at this, maybe even better)
2) deep-ball arm (check to Watson)
3) power runs for small yard gains (check to Watson)
4) courage and calmness under fire (Watson)
5) Ability to distribute to different receivers and make whole team play together (Watson)

It goes on...

Elusivity?? That anything like Elusiveness??

Oct 13, 2016, 12:17 PM

Dictionary bound.

Stop Hating

Oct 13, 2016, 11:13 AM

Tiger Fans - I know that I am in the overwhelming minority on this subject and am going to catch grief about this position, but Tommy Bowden was a better coach than many of the other Clemson coaches I have watched over the years (I go all the way back to the late 60s attending games in the Valley as a kid). He is no Frank Howard, Danny Ford, or Dabo, but he was a heck of a lot better than Tommy West, Hootie Ingram, Red Parker and probably Ken Hatfield (Ken didn't have a chance following Danny - nobody would have). Frankly, Charley Pell, despite the fact that he was a cheat, could probably be included in the Danny/Frank/Dabo list too as he was ACC Coach of the Year both years he coached at Clemson and has the second highest win percentage behind only John Heisman. Did I like the fact that Bowden won some big games but lost games he shouldn't have (and is, thus, the inventor of Clemsoning)? No. But, he is the 3rd winningest coach in Clemson history behind only Howard and Danny. Dabo will eventually surpass him, but Bowden was ACC Coach of the Year twice. Did I like his play calling and coaching staff and lack of an O-line? No. But, somehow, he could get his players up for most big games. Could he do anything as well as Dabo or Danny? No. But, please save your hate for former and current USC coaches and let's support Clemson, regardless of who is coaching or playing. And, please remember that the best thing Tommy ever did for Clemson was to hire a young wide receiver coach from Alabama (just like Pell's best thing was hiring a young offensive line coach also from Alabama who would later become the youngest coach to win a national championship).

Re: Stop Hating

Oct 13, 2016, 11:17 AM

That's funny and very interesting. Tigernet automatically changed the derogatory term that Dabo went on a rant about to ########## when I posted that comment. Love it! Truly a term that is no longer in Clemson vocabulary!!!

Oct 13, 2016, 11:33 AM

I agree with you. I don't know why so many people hate on Bowden. Obviously he wasn't the best coach for Clemson, but he is a good person and I think he has supported Clemson even after his firing. Running a good program is about a lot more than just win percentage. I'm happy that Dabo runs such a clean program, as Bowden did before him.

I also agree with the people that are questioning why articles about Bowden's opinion are even being posted, he's irrelevant!

Oct 13, 2016, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Stop Hating ]

I'm glad you posted this. Tommy laid a great foundation for Dabo to build upon. Dabo would not be where he is - literally - without Tommy, both in hiring him and in building the program (facilities, staff, etc). He just wasn't the man to take us to the finish line - nothing wrong with that. He got us a few laps around the track and put us in good position for Dabo to pick up where he left off and take us the rest of the way.

I'd have no problem with Tommy

Oct 13, 2016, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Stop Hating ]

if he had gone and gotten another coaching job or disappeared into the sunset. Instead he decides to weigh in on Clemson every few months like he's some sort of expert and TigerNet ALWAYS posts about it like it's some huge deal.

Bowden pulled us out of the Hatfield/West doldrums and got the program on the right track, but that last summer when he and his agent scammed Clemson into a contract extension with false rumors about Arkansas he really lost me. Then at the end when he was more than happy to throw players and assistants under the bus to save his own hide I wasn't at all sad to see him go.

Oct 13, 2016, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Stop Hating ]

Well said. I kind of agree. I always thought Tommy Bowden raised Clemson's level of play over what it had been. Certainly not enough, but at least headed in the right direction. Dabo has gone much farther. Seems like no matter what he says, some folks are just going to have a negative knee jerk reaction. I get it, but like, can we please get over it?

Oct 15, 2016, 2:41 AM [ in reply to Stop Hating ]

Dabo has already passed Bowden in wins. Bowden had 72 in 9+ seasons. Dabo will get number 82 tomorrow in 8 seasons.

Mr. Irrelevant

Oct 13, 2016, 11:48 AM

Why post anything about TB.
Let's move on to real football

Re: Mr. Irrelevant

Oct 13, 2016, 12:00 PM

Without this "buffoon", we may not be where we are today. Didn't he hire Dabo?

Oct 13, 2016, 12:08 PM

Please leave him off this site! He's a loser!

DW4 wouldn't be at Clemson if Bowden was still coach.***

Oct 13, 2016, 12:14 PM

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Tommy would go with the hot hand...Even though Reggie

Oct 13, 2016, 12:53 PM

was averaging 8 yards a carry

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Irrelevant strikes again.***

Oct 13, 2016, 1:12 PM

Fun Fact

Oct 13, 2016, 1:28 PM

Tommy was fired exactly 8 years ago today.

Tommy could pick Tom Brady and still blow the ball game !***

Oct 13, 2016, 2:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tommy did good things at Clemson and that's great

Oct 13, 2016, 2:53 PM

but we don't need his opinion on everything. Is anyone asking Tommy West what he thinks? NO, nor should they. Stop wasting everyone's time telling us Bowden's opinion on our coaches/players/fans. We stopped caring years ago.

how come Bowden never got another coaching job?

Oct 13, 2016, 4:24 PM

wasn't he rumored to be in cointention for the Syracuse job>

Can i pease get my 5 minutes back from clicking on this?

Oct 13, 2016, 4:48 PM

I have no clue why i even clicked on it. I wouldve rather have clicked on the "free insurance quote" site. Go Tigers! ! ! 15-0 in '16

Oct 13, 2016, 9:56 PM

I would have a little respect for him if he hadn't panicked Barker into demanding Terry Don produce a contract extension. Also, I don't understand the credit he gets for new facilities. Did he donate any money? Seem to recall the only thing he did was talk it up to the administration, which most any coach with decent communication skills could do. Maybe having the Bowden name helped his efforts.

Message was edited by: BerlinSPY73®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Oct 14, 2016, 8:20 AM

TB owned the Gamecocks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic