Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Bowden says Condoleezza Rice shouldn't be on CFB Playoff committee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

FB Update: Bowden says Condoleezza Rice shouldn't be on CFB Playoff committee

Oct 30, 2014, 1:16 PM

Bowden says Condoleezza Rice shouldn't be on CFB Playoff committee

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like he is BUTT HURT he wasn't asked to be on it

Oct 30, 2014, 1:18 PM

nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^misspelled 'bich got daddy's job...biscuits, babies***

Oct 30, 2014, 1:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Politicians are necessary to streamline corruption.***

Oct 30, 2014, 1:20 PM

Rassist***

Oct 30, 2014, 1:21 PM

Re: Rassist***

Oct 30, 2014, 1:21 PM

Condaleeza Rahhhs

Re: FB Update: Bowden says Condoleezza Rice shouldn't be on CFB Playoff committee

Oct 30, 2014, 1:24 PM

He is exactly right in what he said.

Tommy is jealous Condoleezza belongs to Augusta National***

Oct 30, 2014, 1:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Condi would have left Merriweather in the SCAR game !

Oct 30, 2014, 1:25 PM

He was on a roll and TB sat him down. Cost us the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow! I was thinking the same thing! That still ticks me off!***

Oct 30, 2014, 1:28 PM

Nice.***

Oct 30, 2014, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Condi would have left Merriweather in the SCAR game ! ]

That was just one of his many foolish decisions....

Oct 30, 2014, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Condi would have left Merriweather in the SCAR game ! ]

like deciding the throw the ball all over the d@mn field and run it just thirteen times the entire game when you have CJ Spiller and James Davis in your backfield and you're playing against the lowest ranked defense in the nation against the run. I'm getting pi$$ed-off again just thinking about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: That was just one of his many foolish decisions....

Oct 30, 2014, 11:02 PM

He made lots of foolish decisions. But for those, he may still be at Clemson. His biggest mistakes concerned keeping staff that should have been fired and playing players with seniority, who should have been sitting on the bench watching the game from the sidelines. Many coaches have succumbed to those flaws. They, also, should have learned prior to becoming a "HC".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I liked the UK bowl game, where Davis and Spiller were...

Oct 30, 2014, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Condi would have left Merriweather in the SCAR game ! ]

...averaging 6 yards per carry against one of the worst rushing defenses in the nation. But oh well, we were behind on the scoreboard early, so we did the only thing we could (rolling eyes)...

We limited their carries to 16 and used our struggling passing QB to throw INTs and incompletions against one of the best passing defenses in the nation. "We took what the defense gave us" - ugh. I'd disguise my flippin' weaknesses too, genius. Any smart DC with below average talent could hoodwink that crap.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

wish i could give you 10 TU's for this!!!***

Oct 30, 2014, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Condi would have left Merriweather in the SCAR game ! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rice has as many ACC Championships as Bowden***

Oct 30, 2014, 1:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tis true***

Oct 30, 2014, 1:46 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Can't argue with him***

Oct 30, 2014, 1:48 PM

Gotta agree with CTB

Oct 30, 2014, 1:51 PM

She has no business being there

Just means that Washington has a hand in the selection process. Bad for football

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She is just as qualified as some of the ADs

Oct 30, 2014, 2:13 PM

I understand Tommy's (and others) position that the committee should be made up of coaches. But if they aren't going to go with 100% football coaches she's just as qualified as the others.

Her being on the selection committee has nothing to do w DC

Oct 30, 2014, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Gotta agree with CTB ]

But she's also not there because of her football qualifications. She's on the committee because her being there gives the committee an air of prestige and objectivity that it might not have if you just had people from inside the football world.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Prestige and objectivity"??? Kind of like that Presidential

Oct 30, 2014, 5:11 PM

Daily Brief about Bin Laden that she was caught lying about in front of Congress... That's some credibility for sure.

I just wish his daughter would show up nekkid on the interwe

Oct 30, 2014, 1:57 PM

more often

Re: FB Update: Bowden says Condoleezza Rice shouldn't be on CFB Playoff committee

Oct 30, 2014, 2:00 PM

She should be kept in reserve till we need to start another unnecessary war. That's her best skill.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone's got to make the

Oct 30, 2014, 2:05 PM

Samwiches

So, Condoleezza Rice is good enough to be president but

Oct 30, 2014, 2:06 PM

not "qualified" to serve on the CFB playoff committee? Seriously?

If you are qualified to make decisions about going to war, I'm fine with your "qualifications" to judge college football.

Yes. There are a number of things...

Oct 30, 2014, 2:35 PM

that presidents aren't qualified for just by virtue of being president, or being qualified to be a president. Rice is a professor of international relations and a former Secretary of State. Her qualifications for the committee, however, are the same as mine or yours: she's a fan, no matter how accomplished she is in other areas of life.

If you think it's important to have inside knowledge of football to be a good playoff committee member, then you're not going to think even someone as brilliant as Rice is qualified just because of her brilliance. Clearly you don't think that qualification is important, so you think Rice is qualified by her accomplishments in other areas of life. But you're not really talking about what Bowden is talking about.

"Accomplishments"? $Trillion$ wasted, hundreds of thousands

Oct 30, 2014, 5:21 PM

killed, an entire country decimated, a precursor to the heightened rise of Islamic fanaticism... She was one of the primary mouthpieces for the greatest debacle of the 21st century. Qualified for what?

Re: Yes. There are a number of things...

Oct 30, 2014, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Yes. There are a number of things... ]

Honestly I would rather have her on the Committee than DRad!!!

Tommy wants to include 8-4 teams in the playoffs

Oct 30, 2014, 2:10 PM

You know most 8-4 teams are "just a few plays away."

CTB can judge politics but a politician cant judge football?

Oct 30, 2014, 2:23 PM

yeah, ok.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

That's actually how democracy works

Oct 30, 2014, 2:37 PM

Ya know, we're all allowed to be involved in politics, even if we're not all qualified to do every other job. Make the case for why a politician/ professor of international relations is just as qualified as somebody who's spent their professional life involved with college football rather than trying to make what Bowden is saying out to be absurd.

This has been my favorite thread to read.

Oct 30, 2014, 2:39 PM

Ole TB really?

This man may be nice and all, but he inspires people the same way saltine crackers make people hungry.

Has he even been interviewed for a coaching job since Clemson?
UAB chose Bill Clark who had never been a head coach in college. Did TB recuse himself from UAB's search?

He should just keep accepting the money for his resigFIRINation,and keep doing his Wide-Eyed, Deer in headlights Football commentary.

The man never looked like he enjoyed coaching or wanted to be here.

TB rode Shaun Green to an 11-0 season to go get his payday. TB really should just stay quiet because he maxed out his 15 minutes all the way to irrelevancy.

How can Bowden question another person's football knowledge?

Oct 30, 2014, 2:51 PM

What was his football legacy? "One play away"? "Less with more"? Ralph Friedgen's female dog? I never liked Silver Spoon from the first time he opened his arrogant mouth after the Marshall game. He was a fraud and made us look like fools. At least he hired Dabo, the only thing he did worth remembering.

Sounds like Bowden studied this about as much as he

Oct 30, 2014, 2:53 PM

studied Texas Tech game film before the Tangerine bowl. From everything I've heard Rice is extremely knowledgeable about football.

Dumb people say dumb things though.

Re: Sounds like Bowden studied this about as much as he

Oct 30, 2014, 3:12 PM

Have we paid him off yet?

imagine

Oct 30, 2014, 3:07 PM

It's amazing to me how many people truely hate Coach Tommy Bowden but give a pass to Ken Hatfield and Tommy West. Last i remember is West leading us to a 4 win season. West and Hatfield drove our program into the dirt. Bowden started with crap and helped to generate enough money to build upgrades to The real Death Valley. He was the right guy at the time to get us off the mat and be respectable again. Im extremely happy with Coach Swinney but you at least have to tip your cap to Coach Bowden for taking over a team that was a bottom feeder in the ACC and moving it in the right direction. I figure most of the Dumpers on here are too young to remember those days anyway. Hope you children never have to go through a 4 win season

Re: imagine

Oct 30, 2014, 4:44 PM

actually it was 3 wins. I was a sophomore and we won the opener, homecoming, and the south Carolina game. That season sucked.

Oct 30, 2014, 5:44 PM

You're right. Many moons have passed since that dreadful season. Team carried West off the field. At least it ended on a high note

Oct 30, 2014, 11:29 PM [ in reply to imagine ]

TB won 7 of 9 against Carolina

You are right. TB sure could get us ready to beat the coots.

Oct 30, 2014, 11:55 PM [ in reply to imagine ]

and don't give me the favorite Clemson fan EXCUSE regarding the current losing streak against them "but South Carolina has never been this good". Amazing how our fanbase trashes TB. Yeah we won an ACCCG since him in one of the weakest years of the ACC but getting curb stomped by NCState, SCAR before then and West Virginia right afterwards kind of ruined it for me.

Good thing TDP gave TB an absurd buyout. He's in high demand***

Oct 30, 2014, 6:14 PM

Re: Good thing TDP gave TB an absurd buyout. He's in high demand***

Nov 2, 2014, 7:19 PM

Razz, I will give you a TU on that one. It would have been in our best interest all the way around if TDP had said saihnahra to TB. We then would not have been saddled with a DC like Spence, and we would not have had to settle for an unproven OC like we settled for, either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coaches are the last people who should be on the committee

Oct 30, 2014, 11:25 PM

They're terrible at telling who is best. Look at their stupid poll.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he intended to say

Oct 31, 2014, 10:11 AM

"just because you coached football, doesn't mean you know anything about football".

Nov 2, 2014, 8:15 PM

Well Tommy all those people that know football and coach football gave us 'bamba and L.S.U. rematch for the National Championship a few years ago. IMO Condi couldn't be any worst.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic