Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Bowden discusses Clemson-SC rivalry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Bowden discusses Clemson-SC rivalry

Nov 26, 2015, 10:53 AM

WATCH: Bowden discusses Clemson-SC rivalry

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More Like Bowden discusses Bowden...

Nov 26, 2015, 10:58 AM

Your biggest memory of the brawl was losing $25K? What an absolute self-centered JERK. You brought shame and embarrassment on the program and our school and all you're worried about is a little bonus? Good riddance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

He's just not a HC at this level...

Nov 26, 2015, 11:07 AM

He had 10 years to grow into the role, and it never happened. You could say that we wasted years waiting for something that could never happen, but it seems that everything worked out for the best. I don't think many would have predicted the current state of affairs 10 years ago. I certainly would not have. But I am thankful.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's just not a HC at this level...

Nov 26, 2015, 11:13 AM

If it wasn't for Bowden, we would still be far behind on our upgrades. I'll give him that.

As a head coach...

Nov 26, 2015, 11:23 AM

He made a decent Director of Development. Not that someone else couldn't have persuaded Clemson that we needed to upgrade facilities and keep up with the rest of major college football. In fact, I think a LOT of guys could have done that. He just happened to be the guy in place at the time. It's too bad that his coaching couldn't match his facilities development skills.

Facilities go a long way towards attracting recruits, but facilities don't get the potential out of those recruits. Facilities don't run practice. That's the clear lesson from the Tommy B era. Hopefully we won't have to learn that same lesson again with the basketball program.

shame and embarrassment?

Nov 26, 2015, 11:07 AM [ in reply to More Like Bowden discusses Bowden... ]

Sometimes I wonder what color the sky is on whatever world some of you guys live on.

null

You think that the broadcasts of that fight video was good?

Nov 26, 2015, 11:14 AM

That was a huge embarrassment to both our schools and the program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Nov 26, 2015, 2:10 PM

relax. he was making a joke.

Bowdens comment about missing out on the $25 K was EXACTLY what I noted as well. What a Douch!

Nov 27, 2015, 11:11 AM [ in reply to More Like Bowden discusses Bowden... ]

N/m

suck it - nothing wrong with 7-2 against coots

Nov 28, 2015, 12:53 AM [ in reply to More Like Bowden discusses Bowden... ]

I don't give a $#!% who you are

thats' called talking on TV

Dabo wishes he was 7-2

and I LOVE DABO !!!!

null

Always said he had more of his mother than father in him.

Nov 26, 2015, 11:14 AM

What a self-centered individual. Makes you thankful for the coach we have!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad this video won't play on my phone.

Nov 26, 2015, 11:39 AM

Based on previuos comments, it is probably going to be further proof that HCTB is becoming more and more of tool every day removed from the job...

...at least he did recommend Dabo to replace him!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

That encapsulated a portion of his tenure

Nov 26, 2015, 11:57 AM

His teams played well against very BAD chicken teams. He mentioned the 6-5 season and the fight game. Mediocrity and a tendency to not be disciplined were hallmarks of his tenure. Thanks for the memories coach.

No matter what, he beat the Coots!! That's Gold in my book!

Nov 26, 2015, 3:26 PM

nm

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Bowden discusses Clemson-SC rivalry

Nov 26, 2015, 4:45 PM

Bowden is just trying to cracks a few jokes and be lively for the camera...The dude was a big part in laying the foundation for Clemson's current success...The entire program improved with him as head coach... he beat the big SEC rival South Carolina 7 out of 9 times, and got to a bowl game every year...H8er's gonna H8...He was a good coach for his undefeated Tulane teams, and was good for Clemson...
Sometimes a change is best in a given situation, and Swinney turned out to be the right man for the job, even though many were saying he didnt have the head coaching experience... especially after he went 6-7 his first full year...But you could see right away his heart was in it. His passion for the position and Clemson program can't be denied. He has infused the program with great energy through his charismatic yet humble and heartfelt approach...Swinney & Co. have been able to change the culture for the better, and rlly have improved upon the foundation that had been built in every way. He's true to his motto of "All In", and setting the best as the standard rlly sets everyone up for success. Swinney has been fantastic for Clemson, but you dont build a good house without a solid foundation, and Bowden & Co. helped lay that solid foundation.

Nov 26, 2015, 8:32 PM

I'll grant he could have done better in the clip, but I don't see why folks are so down on him. He beat USC 7of 9 and was the first coach to beat FSU following their entry into the ACC. He coached some great games against Miami and sent Tennessee home with their tails between their legs. It wasn't all Rosie, but after the admin killed the football program for a decade, Bowden did a great job resurrecting it. And lest anyone forget, he left the program far better than he found it. Do I miss him? Heck no, but I don't hate him either.

Nov 26, 2015, 8:37 PM

Let me add too.... Some of you act like Bowden did us fewer favors than West; a nice guy who was clearly beyond his abilities.

Since Ford left Bowden is the second best coach we've had

Nov 26, 2015, 10:37 PM

Only behind Dabo who he had the smarts to recommend him for the head position when he left... Some of y'all are just silly

Yeah, I guess that's why...

Nov 26, 2015, 10:52 PM

we've been hearing his name for all the high-profile head coaching jobs every year since he got canned mid-season at Clemson... because he's such a great coach. If I were him I'd certainly rather get paid peanuts for acting a fool on that cheeseball third-rate cable show than making $millions as a coach... wouldn't you?

He STINKS. That's why he was fired, and why he'll never be a HC at this level ever again.

Re: Yeah, I guess that's why...

Nov 26, 2015, 11:57 PM

Is there any evidence that he sought any coaching positions? And he has made millions as a coach and he will inherit millions from his father. Name a better coach between Ford and Dabo.....

My question is : why would he put up with all the bs associated w coaching when he is fixed up already?

Geez, it's just a tv show with them having fun. He should

Nov 27, 2015, 11:07 AM

be proud of some of his accomplishments. Bowden pushed for facility upgrades, and helped us recruit in Florida. Better than being 2-7 back then.

Tommy Bowden

Nov 27, 2015, 2:48 PM

Tommy made us matter again. His name brought in talent. The Bowden bowl made history. The nation took notice of us. But he couldn't just win the games he was suppose to win. So he wasn't ever getting us to the level we are now. But he did improve our program. I'll give him that. Dabo took us to an elite level we are enjoying now. But Bowden did a great deal. We were mediocre at best , when Bowden took the job.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tommy Bowden

Nov 27, 2015, 2:59 PM

I look back on the Bowden era as when we began to be taken seriously. Yeah, we pulled the C-word a lot, but man, once we finally beat FSU, he had his daddy's number and we began to pull recruits from south Florida and took guys from FSU, Miami, and Georgia on a routine basis.

And when they decided it was time, he pushed them towards Dabo and look where we are now. I don't have anything bad to say about CTB, it was just time for him to leave but our program was night and day from when he took over. If you disagree, then you're being willfully ignorant.

Nov 27, 2015, 8:34 PM

I have always said if he won the ones he was suppose to , he'd still be there. But no doubt he improved the program a great deal. We are better for having that area .
GO TIGERS!!

Nov 27, 2015, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Tommy Bowden ]

Uh , we were the embarrassment of the college football world when he left .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2015, 12:49 AM

Not true. Many thought we were wrong to fire a coach that did so much. But our program was on the up swing. We had spiller and James Davis. Things were not bleak. The cubbered was not empty. Bowden helped us. He would not have got us where we are. Because he was never passionate about Clemson like dabo is. But he laid the foundation of recruiting talent from Florida with CJ spiller. Yes he's arrogant. But he help us.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 28, 2015, 1:00 AM

I know many didn't suffer through the ken Hatfield or tommy west area's . we had terrible losses. Fearing the FSU game because of how bad we'd be beaten. Hoping that it wouldn't be a blow out. We were mediocre at best. Crack the top 25 on name only to loose the next week. Be grateful, that you don't remember that time. I remember beaten OSU! with ford. The national championship and hearing that ford was gone. We had endured much since then. Enjoy what we have. It took years of suffering.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

^^^^^ PROOF TB WAS NOT A LEADER

Nov 27, 2015, 6:11 PM

When asked about the brawl game he said it was upsetting to him because he lost out on a 25k bowl bonus... pretty selfish comment

Tommy was a decent recruiter and had strong talent during his tenure. if he could have shown those players he cared more about them then himself, then he would have been very dominant and probably still be coaching there

Re: ^^^^^ PROOF TB WAS NOT A LEADER

Nov 27, 2015, 6:19 PM

I thought it was just a corny joke..but I don't take everything too seriously, either. I never got the impression that Tommy didn't care about the kids or the program.

remember when he pulled that BS about going to arkansas

Nov 27, 2015, 6:23 PM

So he could drive up the value of his contract.

I don't dabo ever pulling that crap

Re: remember when he pulled that BS about going to arkansas

Nov 27, 2015, 11:07 PM

> So he could drive up the value of his contract.
>
> I don't dabo ever pulling that crap

Should have let him go .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic