Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tom Herman has weighed in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,598

Tom Herman has weighed in

Jun 2, 2020, 5:02 PM

and he’ll definitely make some people uncomfortable.
Whether you think he’s doing it all for show, or truly has his players’ back, he’s saying something. Dabo will be pressured to speak more on this. This is the state of the world these days. The media and social media demand prominent coaches and athletes to voice their opinions.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/us/tom-herman-spt-trnd/index.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tom Herman has weighed in

Jun 2, 2020, 5:06 PM

Didnt read and dont care what Tom says. Dabo needs to do what he feels is correct not listen to a guy who is alleged to have hung out w Zach Smith (wife abuser) at strip clubs when out recruiting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree 74. Why does this matter??? Symbolism over Substance

Jun 2, 2020, 5:09 PM

I could care less what some of these Coaches say!

Re: I agree 74. Why does this matter??? Symbolism over Substance

Jun 2, 2020, 5:15 PM

I heard a bunch of coach statements yesterday. I wondered if there was some particular reason so many commented at the same time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree 74. Why does this matter??? Symbolism over Substance

Jun 2, 2020, 6:03 PM

Perhaps they were all asked/interviewed at the same time, just following Dabo's perceived "lack" of responding to what they wanted to hear. Symbolism is a product and direct result of "group think" to promote and preserve the societal concepts deemed necessary for it's survival. Take the "swastika", for instance, as an extreme example. Or for that matter, the Confederate flag, or maybe even the Crucifix? "Substance", unfortunately these days, is perceived only as what you hire a professional, or a plumber, etc., to perform and accomplish for you at a fare price. We see the "Golden Arches" and drive away screaming "where's the beef?" As children of God we all deserve love, respect, forbearance and forgiveness. Dabo will tell you he is the least of men and lives his life accordingly, "for all have failed and fall short... etc."

Go Tigers!!!

Jun 2, 2020, 5:18 PM

I would not take Tom to seriously....he is the one who kisses all his players before each game.....very nasty and creepy guy.....Go Tigers!!!!

Jun 2, 2020, 5:19 PM

If the double standard truly exists (I have no idea what fans think but for the sake of argument We will assume its true) isn’t it just for “athletes” not “black athletes” in particular? Are only black athletes being asked to come back?

It makes no sense.

Jun 2, 2020, 5:31 PM

Have they asked Tom Cruise or any of the Scientologists to weigh in? Seems far more important to hear from this sector of the community than college athletic departments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll be giving my bench coach statement on tomorrow

Jun 2, 2020, 5:37 PM

Ok tomorrow I’ll have to say the same thing, here’s that statement....

“I’ll be giving my bench coach statement on tomorrow”. Said humbleservant.

Media will be informed of the same statement tomorrow........

Love all with all your heart today, tomorrow and forever more, pay no attention to others opinions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

None of these people said anything when George Floyd was killed.

Jun 2, 2020, 6:16 PM

They’re only saying things now that the reaction is violent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has he also weighed in on his inclination towards visiting

Jun 2, 2020, 6:16 PM

certain clubs? I mean you cannot objectify women right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 7:14 PM

Let me be clear. As far as I’m concerned, Dabo is a much better coach and human being than Tom Herman. Dabo walks the walk, as far as his faith and his love towards every person, no matter their background, race, religion, etc. This shows in his family, friends, and throughout his life. He is a humble servant, no matter his bank account or fame.

Tom Herman is a hypocrite, and he may be trying to kiss a## in the media. But he’s playing on emotions right now. The media loves it. They will continue to put pressure on more people to speak out, especially Dabo, because they’d love nothing better than to put him in a corner. This morning, I was listening to The Roar and some guy from the Spartanburg Herald was on. He was saying how he was a “little disappointed” that Dabo had not spoken out more yesterday, about the Floyd case and the protests/riots.

I thought what Dabo said yesterday was very

Jun 2, 2020, 7:58 PM

well said. And the ESPN report on what he said left out half of his comments.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,598
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic