Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just booked Rooms and Flights for Louisville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,327

Just booked Rooms and Flights for Louisville

Sep 10, 2019, 9:35 PM

Staying at the Marriott on the Bourbon Trail, look for me at the game, I will be the fan swaying in the seats like an Aggie. No, I haven’t absorbed their tradition, just plan on absorbing a lot of bourbon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just booked Rooms and Flights for Louisville

Sep 10, 2019, 9:49 PM

Louisville Slugger tour is pretty good, not too expensive. The Louisville airport is fairly easy to navigate, as it seems to be a pretty big hub for FedEx so not too much pedestrian traffic.

You can also go check out Muhammad Ali grave and the KFC Colonel Sanders is also buried there. We parked for $10 near a bojangles at the game and it was a closer walk than alot of Clemson parking.

Churchill downs is just to the north of the Northwest stands, not impossible to walk there but a little easier to drive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just booked Rooms and Flights for Louisville

Sep 10, 2019, 10:15 PM

I appreciate the advice, first time going there myself. We thinks we will be cabbing it to and from the stadium unless someone tells me this is a bad idea

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a 15 minute walk from Churchill Downs...

Sep 11, 2019, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Just booked Rooms and Flights for Louisville ]

to Cardinal Stadium. Park at Churchill Down and just walk to the stadium.

The local alumni association typically hosts a pre-game tailgate party at Churchill Downs and the Tiger Tailgate Show broadcasts from there as well. Of course, that may change if there are no races scheduled.

The history and nostalgia of Churchill Downs is amazing and the tour is well worth the time.
You can also eat at the Millionaire’s Row buffet. Just keep in mind, you're there for the experience, not the food.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Todo in Louisville

Sep 10, 2019, 10:12 PM

Churchill Downs will be open for tours, but no live races. Too bad. It was super fun in 2017 when Clemson basically invaded. Game parking at Churchill Downs is probably the best bet.

I think the Louisville Clemson Club organizes a gathering on Friday nights. I think it was at Joe's Crab Shack last time.

The Belle of Louisville riverboat is a cool couples dinner outing.

The Jim Beam bourbon tour is fun. It's not too far outside the city loop.

Muhammad Ali Center is pretty neat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,327
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic