Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Todd Beamer and the guys on flight 93. The "Let's Roll!" guys.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 346

Todd Beamer and the guys on flight 93. The "Let's Roll!" guys.

Sep 11, 2020, 9:01 AM

It's crazy how brave those guys were.

1. Do you think you would have done the same?

2. Were any of them pilots?

3. Did they make it in the cockpit?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've thought about that many times, and I guess

Sep 11, 2020, 9:03 AM

the best answer is that you don't know until the moment arrives. I sure hope I would.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've thought about that many times, and I guess

Sep 11, 2020, 9:08 AM

I am terrified of flying even though I have flown so much. I think I would have though if someone spearheaded the plan and was doing it. I wouldn't have been organizing it though.

just one of the many things that changed after that

Sep 11, 2020, 9:12 AM

I remember as a kid, if you had a really cool pilot, they'd let you come up to the cockpit mid-flight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Got Delta and Pan-Am wing pins in the cockpit in the

Sep 11, 2020, 9:16 AM

late '70s and early '80s more than a few times. Of course, those flights also had smoking and titties on the movie screen for all to enjoy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Society has gone to ####***

Sep 11, 2020, 9:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: just one of the many things that changed after that

Sep 11, 2020, 9:18 AM [ in reply to just one of the many things that changed after that ]

They used to be so mellow. When I was 18 I went on a senior HS trip to Maui. Well on the way back I was at the airport sitting and waiting for the plane at the gate. They didn't check for tickets, ID, or anything to wait near the gate. While sitting there I realized I had lost my ticket and wallet and had no ID. They believed me and let me fly home with no ticket or ID. They just used their best judgment. My name was on the flight itinerary and they just let me on with no identification. The good ole days. Thanks Muslims.

Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?***

Sep 11, 2020, 9:20 AM [ in reply to just one of the many things that changed after that ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?***

Sep 11, 2020, 9:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obed, I think it was you that said once that because of

Sep 11, 2020, 10:37 AM [ in reply to just one of the many things that changed after that ]

what some over religious a-holes did, we now have to cater everything to the lowest common denominator of people.

Some idiot tries to make a bomb out of his shoes? Now we're taking our shoes off at an airport.

Thank God the underwear bomber didn't change policies***

Sep 11, 2020, 10:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

lol, yessir I recall that one.

Sep 11, 2020, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Obed, I think it was you that said once that because of ]

When you spew as much BS as I do, the odds almost guarantee that something astute pops out once a year or so.

Life itself is dictated by Humanity’s lowest common denominators.

Speed limits, liability waivers, 99% of all warning labels and signs.....

As a society, we seem to go out of our way to combat Darwinism.

I doubt I would have been the ring-leader but I hope

Sep 11, 2020, 9:09 AM

I would definitely have helped. They basically knew the plane was going to be crashed..

In the movie - which I assume was as true as they could make it - there was a guy that they felt at least had a chance to fly the plane.

The survivors families who were allowed to hear the cockpit recordings all said they made it to the cockpit (based on the voices they heard right before it crashed).

Find and read Dave Barry's column on the event and aftermath - it's awesome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I doubt I would have been the ring-leader but I hope

Sep 11, 2020, 9:12 AM

Thanks for the insight.

Re: I doubt I would have been the ring-leader but I hope

Sep 11, 2020, 9:30 AM [ in reply to I doubt I would have been the ring-leader but I hope ]

I just read some stuff on it. Chills. Heartbreaking.

Google - Dave Barry on Hallowed Ground - to find the

Sep 11, 2020, 9:38 AM

article I mentioned.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's crazy to think about the lives they saved and who they

Sep 11, 2020, 9:24 AM

saved.

Supposedly Flight 93 was headed to the Capital Building or The White House (of course, the President wasn't there) - but the symbolism of the terrorist's victory would have been greatly intensified.

Sidebar - the flight 93 conspiracy theories are infuriating.

Sep 11, 2020, 9:24 AM

I have a friend who's convinced the plane was shot down and the government made up a feel-good story to cover it up. It's profoundly stupid and an insult to those who died.

I agree with the real account of what happened,

Sep 11, 2020, 9:29 AM

But I think it’s been released that if the passengers hadn’t done what they did, that option would have been the next choice. Am I remembering incorrectly?

If you try to research it - it's hard to separate fact from

Sep 11, 2020, 9:41 AM

fiction. But I don't think the military ever said - "We were going to shoot it down." Although that option had to be on the table (right?)

Re: Sidebar - the flight 93 conspiracy theories are infuriating.

Sep 11, 2020, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Sidebar - the flight 93 conspiracy theories are infuriating. ]

Especially since there were so many calls made from the plane by the victims to relatives. They had the plane's voice recorder or whatever its called too.

I agree somewhat

Sep 11, 2020, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Sidebar - the flight 93 conspiracy theories are infuriating. ]

But if it ever somehow came out (it won't in my lifetime) that the gubmint did shoot the plane down, I wouldn't be surprised.

Listening to a guy on the radio talking about this...

Sep 11, 2020, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Sidebar - the flight 93 conspiracy theories are infuriating. ]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/f-16-pilot-was-ready-to-give-her-life-on-sept-11/2015/09/06/7c8cddbc-d8ce-11e0-9dca-a4d231dfde50_story.html

Replies: 22
| visibility 346
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic