Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's Enter the Brain of the Committee Members
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,254

Let's Enter the Brain of the Committee Members

Nov 14, 2016, 2:18 PM

When they sit down on Tuesday night the very first thing they are going to do is create 2 groups. They're going to create a top group and then the second group. The top group will obviously be Alabama all by themselves so there won't be much time spent on #1.

#1 Alabama

Then they will create a second group that belong together. Obviously Clemson, Michigan, Louisville, Washington and Ohio State will be among that group in no particular order. Now that those teams have lost a game they may then add Wisconsin, Penn St, Oklahoma to that group.

They will then separate this group by record.

9-1 Clemson, Michigan, Ohio State, Louisville, and Washington
8-2 Wisconsin, Penn St., Oklahoma

Then they will determine if any of those teams have wins within that group

Clemson 1
Michigan 2
Ohio State 2
Louisville 0
Washington 0
Wisconsin 0
Penn St 1
Oklahoma 0

Then separate those into groups by # of wins

Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, Penn St.

Louisville, Washington, Wisconsin, Oklahoma

Then they'll get the SOR for each team
Clemson 2
Michigan 7
Louisville 5
Ohio State 3
Wisconsin 4
Washington 9
Oklahoma 13
Penn St. 11

Then the SOS
Clemson 23
Ohio St. 45
Louisville 59
Michigan 55
Wisconsin 19
Washington 65
Oklahoma 27
Penn St. 36

Then they look at each team and where they land

Michigan 1 win in this group, 9-1, 7 SOR and 55 SOS
Clemson 1 win, 9-1, 2 SOR, 23 SOS
Louisville 0 win, 9-1, 5 SOR, 59 SOS
Ohio St. 2 win, 9-1, 3 SOR, 45 SOS
Wisconsin 0 win, 8-2, 4 SOR, 19 SOS
Washington 0 win, 9-1, 9 SOR, 65 SOS
Oklahoma 0 win, 8-2, 13 SOR, 27 SOS
Penn St. 1 win, 8-2, 11 SOR, 36 SOS

Looking at this the obvious #2 is Ohio St.

#2 Ohio State

For 3 and 4 your obvious choices from this are Clemson and Michigan and Louisville. So when it's comparable you look at record, H2H, SOS, SOR, best win and eye test.

All have the same record, Clemson beat 1 of the 3, Clemson has highest SOS, highest SOR, best win but is last on the eye test the last few games. Clemson wins on 4 of 6 criteria.

#3 Clemson

Michigan vs Lousiville - same record, Louisville has slightly better SOR, Michigan has slightly better SOS. Didn't play h2h, Best win for Lou is FSU, Best win for Mich is Wisconsin and Penn St. who are both a part of the second group, Louisville wins eye test lately. Michigan just lost. VERY VERY Close. I think they go Michigan because they have 2 top wins.

#4 Michigan

According to SOS and SOR the best candidate for #5 is Lousiville.

#5 Lousiville

According to SOS and SOR the best candidate for #6 is Wisconsin. Washington has a better record but they just lost so they lose eye test. Penn St has a win in the top 4 but worse SOS and SOR. Wisconsin beat LSU. Oklahoma has no key win, worst SOR but decent SOS. I say they go Wisky

#6 Wisconsin

#7 is between Washington, Oklahoma, Penn St. Washington is 9-1 and a better SOR than Penn St. Oklahoma has the best SOS but no key wins. Eye test Washington is last. Washington has a MUCH worse SOS than the other two. This one is really tough. Oklahoma likely wins the eye test of all of them. They prob go Oklahoma here.

#7 Oklahoma

#8 is between Washington and Penn St. Penn St. has a key win. Washington doesn't but they are 9-1. But Penn St. has a tougher schedule and may get the eye test here. I think it's gonna go to Penn St.

#8 Penn St.

#9 Washington

---------------------------
#1 Alabama
#2 Ohio State
#3 Clemson
#4 Michigan
#5 Louisville
#6 Wisconsin
#7 Oklahoma
#8 Penn St.
#9 Washington

#10 will be determined by the next group's movers and shakers. I think this may be how it shakes out according to their stated criteria. We'll see.

Message was edited by: CUAtTheFinishLine®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Loiusville should not be in Top 4 yet ....

Nov 14, 2016, 2:29 PM

I get it, Lamar Jackson is a human highlight reel. However, I don't understand why Louisville gets a pass for .....

1. Lost to Clemson AFTER holding an 8 point lead midway through the second half.
2. Scored in the last 30 seconds to come from behind against an AWFUL Virginia team.
3. Was outplayed and should have lost to Duke.
4. Was down 12-10 to Wake Forest at the start of the 4th quarter just a few days ago.

We aren't much better off than Louisville on close games, BUT we did beat them.

I think they put Ohio State at #2, Michigan at #3, and Clemson at #4 for now. After Ohio St and Mich play, Clemson moves up to #3, and Louisville to #4 .... IF they beat Houston on the road, and Kentucky at home. The Coaches poll and the AP rank teams on how they look today, versus the whole body of work. The committee will be looking at the whole body of work.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I need your job

Nov 14, 2016, 2:31 PM

Where I can sit down during the day and compile advanced analysis of college football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I need your job

Nov 14, 2016, 3:01 PM

This literally took 5 minutes at lunch. All the info is on one site lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's Enter the Brain of the Committee Members

Nov 14, 2016, 2:36 PM

Michigan beat Penn State and Wisconsin. That would be 2 not 1.

Nov 14, 2016, 3:02 PM

Ahhhhh.... had I caught that I'd have Michigan 4. Will update.

Today is November 14

Nov 14, 2016, 2:38 PM

Last year, Ohio State was 3rd on the 17th of November, Dropped to 10-1 from 10-0 and dropped to number 8. However, had OSU won been able to participate in the Big Ten Champsionship and had they won that, then the winner of the big 10 qualified for the CFP4. So, we may drop lower than we hope tomorrow night, but win out, and we should be good.

Re: Today is November 14

Nov 14, 2016, 2:38 PM

That's all I'm going to say about that.

Nov 14, 2016, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Today is November 14 ]

I highly doubt we drop below anybody besides Ohio State. Possible Michigan since they lost on a last second field goal on the road. Pitt is probably better than Iowa though they have a better W and SOS right now. We will be no lower than 4.

Nov 14, 2016, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Today is November 14 ]

5 teams in the top 10, 3 of which in the top 4, also didn't lost that week either.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2016, 2:39 PM

bama, osu, tigers, michigan - in that order. cards lose thu night, no longer relevant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Michigan QB is out for the season with broken collarbone***

Nov 14, 2016, 3:06 PM

Here's an important criteria for selection

Nov 14, 2016, 3:36 PM

The committee will consider "other relevant factors such as key injuries that may have affected a team's performance during the season or likely will affect its postseason performance."

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

My brain hurts

Nov 14, 2016, 3:07 PM

i'll trust you on this one lol

by seasons end I think Wisconsin gets in for the Big X

all they have to do is win out and beat Penn St (if they win out and OSU beats Michigan) in the Big X championship. how crazy would that be? of course you would have to think OSU gets in to but who knows what the committee would do?

1. Alabama
2. Clemson (if we win out and take care of ACCCG)
3. Ohio St.
4. Wisconsin

Some Louisville fans would be mighty upset if this happens, but the committee would rather take Conference Champions it seems.

Re: My brain hurts

Nov 14, 2016, 3:36 PM

If Wisconsin beats penn st in the big X ship I think Wisconsin actually may jump Ohio State and you'd end up with Bama vs Ohio st and Clemson vs Wisconsin.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,254
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic