Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Today I Joined the 97 Year Old Seniors Club.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Today I Joined the 97 Year Old Seniors Club.

Nov 25, 2018, 4:53 PM

Well, old Joe21 is celebrating Number 97 today and I really don't know how to act or what to do. This is an entirely different situation for me because I've never been 97 before and can't find a book of instructions. Perhaps some of you real old dudes can pass along some dos and dont's to help guide me through this difficult phase of my life.

Someone once said when we get older we do less thinking and do more pondering. I've come to believe the difference between the two is somewhat like driving an automobile. When we think, the gear is in "Drive" and when we ponder, the gear is in "Reverse".

Have you ever looked back over your life and wondered, "what if"? Have you ever had regrets? Has your life been filled with happiness? The questions can be endless, but if we dwell too much on the "what ifs" we will miss out on what we now have and what's in store for our future. We can't change the past but we can adapt and embrace the future.

Each one of us has probably been asked at some point during our life, "how are you". A response at times can open up a can of unwanted worms. One day when asked that question, without thinking, I blurted out, "I haven't, had a bad day in my life", and then added, "but some days weren't as good as others. Experiencing sadness and disappointments on many occasions, I realized those events are part of life we have to deal with on a daily basis. We gain strength and develop a positive attitude when we focus on those things over which we have control.

We witness so much hate in our every-day lives it has become a cancer of our soul. hate and carrying a grudge affects only those of us who fail to see that we are our own victims.

For me, every day is Thanksgiving. I don't know to what I can attribute my longevity. It could be inherited genes. It could be luck and maybe GOD decided he wanted me to hang around for a long time so I can pester you gals and guys on TigerNet. Whatever the reason, I am truly thankful.

I've never had a major illness or injury, served during two wars and cam home virtually unscathed, had a princess as my wife, a wonderful family, a host of friends and fortunate enough to outlive any enemies I may have made. And to those who though of ma as an enemy, I hope they will accept my sincere apology.

I hope that each one of you can be fortunate enough to live to the ripe old age of 97, not as an invalid, but as a person enjoying both physical and mental good health. But, take a good long look in the mirror, statistics show less than one percent of you, will reach this age. So, I would suggest you enjoy life to the fullest, never fail to tell those you love that you love them and count your blessings daily.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Today I Joined the 97 Year Old Seniors Club.

Nov 25, 2018, 4:57 PM

Happy Birthday Joe and thanks for that wonderful post.

God Bless My Friend

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Birthday Joe21!!!

Nov 25, 2018, 4:58 PM

May you have many more!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take it all in Joe

You only have a day to enjoy it. Of course the residuals last 12 months

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

happr birthday Joe!

And thank you for the wise words.

Nov 25, 2018, 4:59 PM

Happy Birthday Joe!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 5:00 PM

My father in law is 94 and like you he is sharp as a tac

Nov 25, 2018, 5:03 PM

I’m a senior club member myself but confess that I’m a junior member compared with you. Nevertheless, I agree with what you say. I try to make everyday the best one yet.... but sometimes I fail! Nothing,nothing is greater than the life you are given and you need to use it to its fullest every single day. If you don’t, you ar

Nov 25, 2018, 5:07 PM

Are cheating yourself . Consuming yourself with hate and misery is no way to live. Every day is precious and I salute you Joe. You obviously live it to the max.

Saturday was a great day to be a Tiger and hopefully we will see a lot more.

Nov 25, 2018, 5:09 PM

Happy Birthday Joe. Thanks fo another fine post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Birthday!***

Nov 25, 2018, 5:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nov 25, 2018, 5:12 PM

Happy Birthday Joe! I hope that you have many, many more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 5:14 PM

Happy Birthday, Joe! I always enjoy your posts. You seem like a fine gentleman. Your words of wisdom are so true. Here's to joining the 98 year old senior club next year!

Wow! Happy Birthday, youngster!***

Nov 25, 2018, 5:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Happy Birthday Joe!!

Nov 25, 2018, 5:18 PM

Thank you for your service and all your positive words. I enjoy them all.

May God continue to bless you.

Nov 25, 2018, 5:38 PM

Happy Birthday Joe! Hope you have many more healthy birthdays. I enjoy you post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy birthday Joe!