Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Halftime observations, spring game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 4,020

New Story: Halftime observations, spring game

Apr 12, 2014, 5:34 PM

Halftime observations, spring game

Quick observations from the first half of the Orange and White Game at Memorial Stadium, where Cole Stoudt threw two first half touchdowns. Which running backs have impressed? What defensive player is all over the field? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Today, Cole looks much more ready

Apr 12, 2014, 5:44 PM

To take over this team. He's MUCH more poised in the pocket than Swag is, and he also isn't throwing into double coverage. Stoudt takes what defenses give him, and I really like that about him. No doubt Kelly is the better runner, but that talent alone can't win us games. However, I will say Cole is "deceptively quick." As far as accuracy, Stoudt has been better there today as well. The guy I've been really impressed with is CJ Davidson. His "first step" coming outta the back field and his ability to his that cutback lane is improved dramatically. Lots of polishing left to do on offense during fall camp. Let's also keep in mind that's a pretty good defense that the offenses are going up against as well

If i recall correctly, White is stacked on D

Apr 12, 2014, 5:58 PM

So it's making Orange Offense look more anemic

Clemson

I thought they were trying to split evenly?***

Apr 12, 2014, 6:02 PM

THey have Vic, Grady, Tavaris, Boulware, Jenkins, Kearse,

Apr 12, 2014, 6:12 PM

Stephone and Register. I think that's a stronger set

Clemson

Regardless of D personnel, Stoudt dominated Kelly

Apr 12, 2014, 6:38 PM

Kelly could have easily thrown 4 INT's in 1st half if D held on to miss-thrown passes. This is a make believe competition for QB based on practice reports and today's game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^This^

Apr 12, 2014, 7:25 PM

Stoudt looks like the next guy... by a good bit. Kelly could've shown more if they weren't playing 'touch' football with the QBs. But, they were and it was a throwing contest. Stoudt won that handily.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stoudt threw into double cover more than once

Apr 12, 2014, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Today, Cole looks much more ready ]

But was smart enough to throw high or wide.

Exactly ... vet knew when to throw it away***

Apr 12, 2014, 6:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What happened to the "better arm strength" and "more

Apr 12, 2014, 7:11 PM

accurate arm" that Kelly has been throwing around verbally all spring? I didn't see it. This guy needs to mature. A lot. Quit yappin' about your skills and start showing them. He should have become a little more humble today, but I didn't see that either.

Stoudt is way more mature and poised, and accurate. His cons are lack of running skills and lack of a deep threat arm. However, he does move the chains and shows good ball security.

Don't care what Coach Swinney and/or Coach Morris are saying or not saying at this time, Stoudt is in the driver's seat for the time being, based on what I saw today.

Barnes, Boulware with 8 tackles; O'Daniel, Green, Carter...

Apr 12, 2014, 7:20 PM

I want to see a lot more of this.

Re: New Story: Halftime observations, spring game

Apr 13, 2014, 9:37 AM

With all of Kelly's antics, I still believe he will be the starter. A scrimmage where he didn't perform well still doesn't change my mind on his ability. Being touched by a fingernail in a scrimmage ruled him down. In a live game he would have gashed the defense on some of his runs. Who know's he may have not forced those throws if he wasn't ruled down by a pinky nail. Just something to think about folks. Stoudt has the arm, but he doesn't have the mobility that Kelly does.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole is leader, but today became about breaking

Apr 13, 2014, 2:06 PM

Kelly's ego so he might have a chance to compete in the fall. If this didn't get through to him...his future might not be bright with Watson lurking.

Replies: 12
| visibility 4,020
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic