Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Today Auburn replanted 2 Live Oak Tree replacements; from SC!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,010

Today Auburn replanted 2 Live Oak Tree replacements; from SC!

Feb 14, 2015, 3:43 PM

They purchased & tractor-hauled three Live Oaks from a S.C. groove of 9000..and planted two of them this 14th morning at Toomer's Corner..with hundreds of Auburn Fans there around 6AM. The 3rd tree is a back-up just in case. The limbs had to been high so fans couldn't climb up on and traffic wouldn't be affected.

They are 35' tall..look nice..but can't be toilet-rolled until 2016 Season.

Auburn is kinda like our big brother since their professor started Clemson football, then John Heisman came up..and we adopted their Tiger Mascot & basically their colors..and Tiger Rag.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Today Auburn replanted 2 Live Oak Tree replacements; from SC!

Feb 14, 2015, 3:45 PM

pfttt, did harvey updaike even get in any trouble? I give it 2 years before some nut poisons these too. It could become a tradition there.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Harvey later cried & repented But fined $800,000.

Feb 14, 2015, 3:47 PM

GoTiGERS...get greater by winning!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, in 2017 we'll return the favor by planting

Feb 14, 2015, 3:50 PM

a football team in SC from Auburn. I'm sure there will be hundreds of fans there at 6am for that planting as well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2015, 4:07 PM

The Clemson historian said the tiger and colors came from Princeton which was winning at the time, not Auburn.

Princeton! Do do have Orange..BUT Black, I believe!

Feb 14, 2015, 5:25 PM

GoTiGs!

Feb 14, 2015, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Today Auburn replanted 2 Live Oak Tree replacements; from SC! ]

Walter Riggs came from Auburn and was our first coach and the same colors as Auburn were used. And same mascot. I say Riggs brought them from Auburn.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2015, 6:48 PM

as long as we do not copy from those color blind fools in Baton Rouge, I am OK with it.

Original colors were Purple and Gold, and the players voted

Feb 14, 2015, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Today Auburn replanted 2 Live Oak Tree replacements; from SC! ]

for Tigers, since the Princeton Tigers had just won a national title. Went to Orange and Purple under Jess Neely.

http://www.tigernet.com/update/Historic-Clemson-Photos-7-Jess-Neely-changing-colors-9223?prevbox=1

"It was Jess Neely who had Clemson move away from the old official colors of pale purple and gold to what we have now. The reason was he wanted uniforms that were more colorfast. So he worked with the school of textiles at Clemson to develop uniforms that could hold their color better from the constant washing and the exposure to sunlight. Their recommendation was to use deeper colors such as North-western purple and burnt orange."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, the Auburn claim of us getting our colors from them...

Feb 14, 2015, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Today Auburn replanted 2 Live Oak Tree replacements; from SC! ]

is false, and just a story for Auburn fans (long known for being looked down upon in their own state) to feel better about themselves. Our original colors were Purple and Gold, not Orange and Purple. We went to Orange and Purple under Jess Neely.

http://www.tigernet.com/update/Historic-Clemson-Photos-7-Jess-Neely-changing-colors-9223?prevbox=1

"It was Jess Neely who had Clemson move away from the old official colors of pale purple and gold to what we have now. The reason was he wanted uniforms that were more colorfast. So he worked with the school of textiles at Clemson to develop uniforms that could hold their color better from the constant washing and the exposure to sunlight. Their recommendation was to use deeper colors such as North-western purple and burnt orange."

AbOuT AuBurN'S TReEs...

Feb 14, 2015, 7:08 PM

I COulD'nT cARe LeSs. AnD aT ThIs pOiNt iN hIStoRY tHeY aIn'T our biG bRoTHeR. We'Ve oWNed tHeM oF LaTe.

Never were our big brother...

Feb 14, 2015, 7:11 PM

Only connection is Walter Riggs and John Heisman, which both left Auburn for Clemson. We didn't get our colors from them, as our original colors were purple and gold, and we got Tigers from the players voting on it (They chose Tigers, because the Princeton Tigers had just won the national title).

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,010
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic