Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To those who gripe about our OC's. what are you smoking?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

To those who gripe about our OC's. what are you smoking?

Nov 14, 2016, 5:20 PM

DW set an ACC record Saturday for most yards in a game
We put up 40+ points
Over 600 yards total offense

Offense played great. DW had 3 interceptions. I can bet every dollar I have ever made that the OC's (both of them) would tell you DW made bad decisions in the red zone.

Watch some old film. During the Danny Ford days it was 3 plays and a cloud of dust, literally. Be thankful for the offense we have.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Records in the natty and 40pts against bama.***

Nov 14, 2016, 5:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that was LAST season***

Nov 14, 2016, 6:36 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you just made the point

Nov 14, 2016, 5:30 PM

OF COURSE they would tell you DW made bad decisions in the red zone. Situational play-calling is what I am bringing into question. Putting DW in the best position to succeed.

Wayn Gallman had 3 one-yard scoring runs.

Nov 14, 2016, 5:43 PM

Seems we mixed it up pretty well in the red zone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uh....the defense

Nov 14, 2016, 5:45 PM [ in reply to I think you just made the point ]

played horribly - thats why we lost. 42 beats everybody. and i do mean everybody

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Maybe when we're in the red zone...

Nov 14, 2016, 7:38 PM [ in reply to I think you just made the point ]

And can't afford a catastrophic interception, we should put Nick in. He could probably remember to just throw the ball away if nothing is open instead of throwing the pic time after time...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To those who gripe about our OC's. what are you smoking?

Nov 14, 2016, 5:47 PM

Run the ball go up 2 scores Watson threw the pass but whoever called that play is guilty.

Nov 14, 2016, 5:50 PM

Loved seeing the passes and all the yards, our offense has more talent than any three teams. Keep in mind Pitt has given up huge yards all year. We have the best QB and WRs in the nation but I'm not seeing any ingenuity. Really, our plays are based on our guys out playing your guy. I liked what the Pitt OC dialed up, multiple formations, mixed up runs and passes and faked us out of our ever loving jocks so many times I quit counting. It creates confusion, mismatches and busts, which even our coaches mentioned after the game.

Honestly, I'm not as worried about the offense as I am the defense WTH!!

yes, we are kind of like Green Bay...We don't scheme to get

Nov 14, 2016, 6:36 PM

people open, we just try to win one on ones and hope Deshaun makes a play...We don't run an offense anymore, we just run plays

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not a "griper", but I am smoking some of the finest

Nov 14, 2016, 6:41 PM

brisket this side of Asheville!

See what I...^^^^.....never mind.

I think most including myself are unhappy about the decisions to

Nov 14, 2016, 6:48 PM

Nov 14, 2016, 7:52 PM

Not sure that OCs are to blame, but do you know what we're averaging rushing the ball? Compared to the teams ahead of us? We're not balanced in that regard...and the path is only gonna get tougher. 50 yards rushing won't cut it in the playoff and I don't know how you simply 'fix it' in the coming weeks. It's been a trend all season long. How many teams have to consistently rely on 300+ pound DL to get 1 yard?

Nov 14, 2016, 10:52 PM

Do you think going to one OC or shopping around for another one is a bad thing

Nov 15, 2016, 6:24 PM

No IMO, that isn't the answer. Answer is they have to realize they have become predictable and adjust accordingly. They also have to start thinking strageticaly and calling plays accordingly. As stated by several here, the stragetic calls at the 3 were run and eat the clock or force their TIme outs. The FG would have made it a two score game with either Pitt having about 4.5 minutes and no timeouts or about 2.5 minutes with 2 timeouts + unless they got a big KO return, a long field to drive with a 2 point conversion needed at the end just to get it back to 3 points. We woulda won.

Nov 15, 2016, 7:58 PM

Jeff Scott said it himself. They went with a predetermined play made days before. No consideration was given to what was working and what was not. We had three receivers that had a 80 percent completion rate or better.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic