Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To those of you complaining about softball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,157

To those of you complaining about softball

Mar 15, 2017, 1:00 PM

I disagree with the negative sentiment completely. While I hate losing sports, I truly think softball is a great option for Clemson, especially given region.

We should want to be competitive in as any sports as possible. Addition of any sport, while not great from a bottom-line perspective, adds to positive marketing for the school. The UCLAs, Standfords and UNCs who participate in ~all varsity sports are constantly at the top of the capital one cup rankings (Men and Women). More importantly the addition of sports provides an outlet to attract more talent and quality students to our school, especially in the lower-monetizing sports.

I do hope that we will bring back swimming and diving, but this will take a large capital allocation, that would likely be toward a brand new facility as Fike does not have the size to properly accommodate this sport.

Other Varsity Sports I would hope to add in the next ten years:

-Lacrosse (Both Men and Women)
-Women's Field Hockey
-Men's Crew

I find it very short-sided that many of you are not on board with the idea of investment in ALL sports. We should strive to be the most well-rounded school possible.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm incensed!

Mar 15, 2017, 1:01 PM

I thought thiw was gonna be a LBOD post

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,157
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic