»
Topic: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors
Replies: 137   Last Post: Dec 6, 2013 2:49 AM by: Jaxvilletiger
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 137  

To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors

[47]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 12:55 PM
 

We still have no respect for you. None. And, even though this crawls all over you, we still own that ### in our series with you.

But deeper than the aforementioned items, we know we're simply superior to you. We have a better university. We have a better athletics department. And we have better fans. Put simply, we're better than you are.

Regarding your football program, it's Spurrier and only Spurrier. That's it. Prior to Spurrier, your program was $hit. After Spurrier, your program will be $hit. You know it. We know it.

So enjoy your brief flash in the warm sunshine. Feels good, doesn't it? We don't just taste it--we've lived our lives in it. You, however, are like white trash who won a small lottery. The whole world knows you'll be broke again in a few years.


Whatever makes you feel better about the last 5 beatings.***

[4]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 12:59 PM
 

Nm


nope. history only goes back 4 years. y'all set that rule.

[10]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:01 PM
 

can't change now, or you are just talking ancient history.

military_donation.jpg

5 years. History now goes back 5.***

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 2:49 PM
 



2019 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

There's something in these hills.


To be honest with you, I read the OP and it

[2]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:03 PM
 

does not make me feel better at all.

I enjoyed the history argument after 2 and 3 in a row, but now it just seems like that's all we have.

Great, we owned y'all for 100 years, but that doesn't negate the last 5 IMO.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac


Been going to Clemson games for 65 years and I have been


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 11:55 PM
 

happier with the game outcomes waaaaay more than sad. Hate the last 5 years but definitely doesn't negate the Clemson victories at all. That would be ridiculous.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

if you call those beatings you must cringe at 63-17 or 45-0***

[5]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:12 PM
 



2019 student level member

Re: if you call those beatings you must cringe at 63-17 or 45-0***


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 3:09 PM
 

Make us cringe.....NOT....I got over that a long time ago. I can't imagine us ever going backwards again as a program. There is too much media attention, SEC money, and we play in a football vs a basketball conference. The ACC has MANY teams that play football just to pass the time until basketball season arrives. That is fine with most ACC teams but not so fine with Clemson and FSU who want to remain a viable part of the national football picture. The ACC Grant of Rights is the worse thing that could have happened to the Clemson football program in the long run. The separation will grow wider in the next 10 years and thats when it will really be felt. The domination of us will NEVER happen again....just the facts.


Re: if you call those beatings you must cringe at 63-17 or 45-0***


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 3:42 PM
 

quit speaking logically, it's hard for most of the posters to follow. also, quit speaking about the present and future, around here it's the past that matters, don't you know?


This is the face of USCheat

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:15 PM
 

Sad, you will never earn our respect, you need so badly. Look up the word if you have never heard of it.


Re: This is the face of USCheat


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 2:24 PM
 

Isn't it also under D-A-N-N-Y?


Re: This is the face of USCheat


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 5:23 AM
 

Why would THE University of South Carolina need or even want the respect of the fans of one of the schools that is one of the biggest rules breakers in the history of the NCAA. Since you tigers are so fond of history and cheats maybe you would like to read about some really good ones.

Oh Danny Boy!
https://web1.ncaa.org/LSDBi/exec/miSearch?miSearchSubmit=publicReport&key=369&publicTerms=THIS%20PHRASE%20WILL%20NOT%20BE%20REPEATED

OOPS We Did it Again
http://www.nytimes.com/1990/06/01/sports/clemson-on-probation.html

Bye Bye Danny
http://articles.latimes.com/1990-01-18/sports/sp-603_1_head-coach

I really like it when Clemson "fans" blame everything on the former Coach Charley Pell may he rest in peace. While Coach Pell was certainly involved and responsible for numerous violations while at Clemson and later Florida there is no way he could have orchestrated everything that the Clemson football program was found to guilty of.

It's just not physically possible unless ole Charley was able to bend space and time and be in 2 places at the same time. That's what would have to had happened for him to have been responsible for every violation that occurred between 1976-1982 all 70 of them even the ones that occurred after Pell was fired at the conclusion of the 1978 regular season and was no longer in the same state.

Danny Ford took over and coached Clemson in the 1978 Gator Bowl yet Pell was somehow still blamed for the violations that occurred under Danny Fords watch from 1979-1982 I bet some of ya'll believe that Pell was somehow also responsible for the violations that occurred between 1984-1988 and not Danny Ford.

You guys need to face reality and realize that the majority of Danny Fords success at Clemson and later Arkansas was bought and paid for by wealthy boosters even that phoney national championship that ya'll claim. Now why would any self respecting South Carolina fan respect ya'll or even want or need you're respect.


Re: Whatever makes you feel better about the last 5 beatings.***

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 2:14 PM
 

"but but but...we don't respect you!"

big whoop. you think SC respects Clemson? and vice versa? there's one stat that matters and that stat only matters presently. And it's Wins. So, respect or not, the ##### won. And I think people would take Wins over the respect of a fanbase that they hate and vice versa.


Re: Whatever makes you feel better about the last 5 beatings.***


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 2:51 PM
 

Yeah, we don't care for your input but thanks anyway.


^^^^ LOL ... Knows what OP said is truth .... and can't*

[1]
Posted: Dec 4, 2013 1:57 PM
 

handle it.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors- WOw that is

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 12:59 PM
 

pretty brutal and direct. I agree 100%. I dislike everything about the school and their teams. TU

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors

[3]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:03 PM
 

There is that infamous Clemson "class" I hear so much about!


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 2:52 PM
 

I don't think you know what infamous means.


I'm a die hard tiger.. but this is stupid

[9]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:08 PM
 

They're a good football team, and it shows. It's been a steady rise.

Will they remain that way when SOS leaves? I dont know, but chances are they will.

It is what it is

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


name me some coaches, who have came in right behind a


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:13 PM
 

schools all-time winningest coach, and achieved similar success. and list the schools, please.

military_donation.jpg

stupid, stupid, stupid....

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:14 PM
 

you don't have to like 'em... but don't be an idiot

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


can't think of any ? i told you there wouldn't be many.


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 2:08 AM
 

it's just not as easy as people think to continue success, even at schools with a GOOD history. it's much ,much tougher at a place like usuc, with no history

military_donation.jpg

Okay...

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:18 PM
 

At Georgia, after Dooley, Ray Goff was...wait...

Okay, at Florida, after Spurrier, Ron Zook proceeded to...hold on...

At Alabama, Ray Perkins came in and absolutely...dang...hang on...

How about Oklahoma, after Switzer, when Gary Gibbs took the reins and...

ARGH!


Re: Okay...


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:26 PM
 

Don't forget Ken Hatfield and Tommy West.


Before Spurrier the Coot's best coach...

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:28 PM
 

...had a losing record. Ha! Have they ever had a head coach get hired elsewhere? EVER? Maybe even an offer?


Re: Before Spurrier the Coot's best coach...

[2]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:35 PM
 

Well... Clemson did hire Brad Scott from us.. So.. we got that going for us.


Re: Before Spurrier the Coot's best coach...


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 2:01 PM
 

I will go ahead and take your silence as a victory in this form or verbal fisticuffs. /cheers


Your own team hired Brad Scott bro***


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 2:23 PM
 




Re: Before Spurrier the Coot's best coach...


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 4:42 PM
 

Ya'll hired Brad! Ha Ha Ha.

military_donation.jpg

Re: Before Spurrier the Coot's best coach...


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 1:55 AM
 

> ...had a losing record. Ha! Have they ever had a
> head coach get hired elsewhere? EVER? Maybe even an
> offer?

Rex Enright is the USC coach I assume you are referring to, and while he had the most wins prior to Spurrier, he did have a losing record.

Giese, Carlen or Morrison would be my shoice for the best USC coach prior to Spurrier.

USC Football Coaches with winning records

C. R. Williams
Douglas McKay
N. B. Edgerton
Frank Dobson
Sol Metzger
Branch Bocock
Billy Laval
James P. Moran
Warren Giese
Jim Carlen
Joe Morrison
Steve Spurrier


There was this Fischer guy in a school based in Talahassee..

[2]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 3:00 PM
 

But that's an exception, not the rule, amirite?

military_donation.jpg

there was a little something in this thread about it can be


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 3:09 PM
 

done, and done a lot easier if the team has a history. but are you SERIOUSLY, i mean even remotely , somewhere close to being serious, stating that usuc has as good a history as the 'noles ? please tell me i am reading more into this than what you are saying.

military_donation.jpg

Re: name me some coaches, who have came in right behind a


Posted: Dec 6, 2013 2:49 AM
 

Here are just a few that come to mind. Some had little lower winning % some had a better winning % I included Auburn because after R Jordan they had 1 so-so coach 54% but then had a string of successful coaches.

Alabama - Bryant 82% 25yr - Perkin 67% 4yr - Curry 72% 3yr - Stallings 80% 6yr

Michigan - B Schembechler 79% 21yr - G Moeller 76% 5yr - L Carr 75% 12yr

Nebraska - T Osborne 83% 25yr - F Solich 75% 6yr

Ohio St - W Hayes 76% 29yr - E Bruce 76% 9yr - J Cooper 72% 13yr - J Tressel 81% 10yr

FSU - B Bowden 76% 34yr - J Fisher 80% 4yr

Penn St - J Paterno 65% 45yr - B O'Brien 64%

Grambling State - E Robinson 71% 55yr - D Williams 74% yr

Auburn - R Jordan 68% 24yr - Barfield 54% 4yr - P Dye 69% 12yr - T Bowden 72% 6yr - T Tuberville 68% 9yr - G Chizit 64% 4yr

N Carolina - B Dooley 56% 11yr -D Crum 63% 10yr - M Brown 60% 10yr

Texas - D Royal 77% 20yr - F Akers 73% 10yr

Colorado - B McCartney 62% 13yr - R Neuheisel 70% 4yr

SMU - R Morrison 62% 13yr - M Bell 64% 7yr

S Miss - J Bower 59% 17yr - L Fedora 64% 4yr

Iowa - H Fry 61% 20yr - K Ferentz 58% 15yr

W Virginia - D Nehlen 61% 21yr - R Rodriguez 70% 7yr

Washington - D James 72% 18yr - J Lambright 64% 6yr - R Neuheisel 67% 4yr

UCLA - T Donahue 62% 20yr - B Toledo 61% 7yr


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors

[3]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:08 PM
 

Man, You do have a hatred problem, dude! Hate is not the answer, my brother. Remember what Shakespeare said about....well, nevermind. Try some meditation or good herbal tea. Maybe you and your buds can have an encounter circle, with some incense, and hold hands while you sing Kum-ba-yah!! Or you can just accept the fact that they are a superior football program at this time.


They...LOL motor city coot***

[3]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:11 PM
 



2019 student level member

Re: They...LOL motor city coot***

[2]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:48 PM
 

Tell you what, cupton. Just to make you happy, I'll be a "coot" for the next five minutes-just for your crazy azz, ok? Here goes! Dabo is owned by Spurrier! The USC team is way more physical and intimidating than the Clemson softy pussycats! We have flipped the tables on this series. We will never again be your daddy's gamecocks, but we will continue to be your DADDY!! OK, Happy now? If you don't think that I've been a Clemson fan since I was a kid that is your problem, not mine! Also, If you don't understand that Carolina (yes, the one in Columbia) is widening the gap, that's your problem also. I have accepted that fact!


Re: They...LOL motor city coot***

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 7:52 PM
 

I would like someone to explain to me how a team that was held to less than 2 yds a carry is more physical than a team that was running for about 9 per carry. We dominated at the los for pretty much that whole game


Re: They...LOL motor city coot***


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 11:41 PM
 

Of course we did! I was just trying to make cupton happy by giving him what he wanted to hear. I will say that their DB's and WR's were more physical Saturday. Tiger line dominated while we ran Rod, maybe not so good at pass pro. Our D-line did a great job on their RB's, Shaw was another matter. As Venables said, they took advantage of our pursuit with Shaw.


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:09 PM
 
there_there.jpg(18.5 K)

You seem pretty butt hurt.


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors

[3]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:29 PM
 

Could you please explain the superior athletic dept because beating your rival and winning championships does not seems to be part of the criteria you use for being superior.

I'll take our inferior dept with multiple nat'l titles, 5 years of beating you by double digits, generating superior revenues than your dept and watching one of our basketball teams compete in the ncaa tournament over what your superior athletic dept has accomplished.


Ha! You're kidding, aren't you?


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:32 PM
 

Multiple national titles? Okay...baseball, and what else?


Re: Ha! You're kidding, aren't you?

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 1:42 PM
 

2 in baseball (multiple) with 1 runner up in the last 4 years.
Track and equestrian. So that is 4 from 3 different sports.

Last I checked track and equestrian are athletic programs.

Now let's be serious and understand we are talking about the state of athletic departments right now. You really think your athletic department is superior? Again, based on?? Revenues?? Facilities, nat'l titles? Tell me why you're superior, other than because you say so.


Re: Ha! You're kidding, aren't you?


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 2:11 PM
 

You beat me to this one lank... not to mention eliminating their baseball team each year on the way to those titles. Something no one is looking at here, Ray Tanner is going nowhere! I can assure you that he will find someone capable of pushing this program and every other one forward, or they'll be replaced. Not like the funds aren't there.


Equestrian?


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 2:16 PM
 

Facepalm


Wimmins track. Get it right.***


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 2:55 PM
 



2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Re: Ha! You're kidding, aren't you?


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:11 PM
 

You're counting your #### equestrian program now? Ok well we can throw in our perennial top 10 women's track team then too if you want.

2019 student level member

Re: Ha! You're kidding, aren't you?


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:16 PM
 

Please do. You can count them.


You don't sound bitter at all


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 2:07 PM
 

I don't think the coots are looking for any type of respect from Clemson. Enjoy hanging onto you championship from 30+ years ago, because you've accomplished exactly 0 since that time.


Re: You don't sound bitter at all

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 2:53 PM
 

Lol CCU


Re: You don't sound bitter at all


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:12 PM
 

And you have zero in your history, so what history are you hanging your hat on?

2019 student level member

This is a freaking joke


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 2:12 PM
 

Stop now, you are not helping yourself


The fact he took the time to sit and type it all out

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 2:21 PM
 

Is pretty sad by itself


The fact that you post on your rivals site is also sad don't


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 5:53 PM
 

You think?


I guess you were dead from the 90's until 2011***


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 2:51 PM
 




Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 3:11 PM
 

I really am not bothered about a lack of respect from a self righteous fan base that points a finger at someone who keys a car (which is a despicable act)and defends the beating of a female. That points the finger over discounted hotel rooms, but worships Danny Ford. That preaches progress, yet honors a notorious white supremacist. And nobody really cares about respect from someone who has such a fowl mouth even though you try to cover it with cute little spelling nuances. So keep your respect, it's not worth much.


I think what sucks for you guys more than


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 3:14 PM
 

Anything is that you were beating us when we were awful so it wasn't a big deal. We are beating you now and you're enjoying the best run in 30 years, that has to suck. Best run in forever but still can't win the state.


Oh and furthermore op.


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 3:15 PM
 

You're not better than anyone, nobody honestly cares anything about your opinion, if you were better than someone you wouldn't even have to say it, it would be known.


Says the little fellow who has responded multiple times...


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 3:22 PM
 

...to my thread. Sad.


Best run for the coots and what have you accomplished?


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 5:55 PM
 

Oh yea, you did set a record in that poor SECCG showing.


Best post award goes to you brother!

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 3:31 PM
 

nm


They claim they don't care...


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 3:45 PM
 

...yet they're squirming and posting all over this thread as if I doused them in acid.

Ha! Job done.


Just because I don't care


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 3:49 PM
 

Doesn't mean I can't respond. I care very little about most things but I do enjoy pointing out when the Clemson class shows it's true colors of being demeaning and holier than thou towards other fan bases when you are the worse self entitled person of all fan bases I've seen yet. Even worse than sgt tiger and that is bad.


Another response, yet you "don't care"


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 3:51 PM
 

LOL


Here is some class for you coot: you're an idiot!

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 6:03 PM
 

Funny...if you think his post on a "tiger board" (i think he is allowed to do so being a clemson fan and all) classless, what do you make of your redneck fans throwing bottles at the players? How about your redneck fans calling me a ##### and throwing trash at me? I'm a lady and I think the actions of your fan base are trashy, offensive, and downright CLASSLESS!! Also, one might consider your actions as being classless as well by posting on your rivals website? Pot calling the kettle black?


Your arguing skills


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 3:54 PM
 

Are that of a teenager at this point. Your only comeback is that, not arguing against any of my points. Must be another tiger moral victory?


It's debating, not arguing


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 4:37 PM
 

It's readily apparent I've touched a nerve. You make it far too simple.

63-17

Series Record (which isn't close)

Me...you.

Game over.


Congratulations!


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 4:55 PM
 

You have scored 1 more point in the last 19 quarters against us than you once did in 4!


Re: It's debating, not arguing


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 5:02 PM
 

If you're ok with losing now, I'm ok with losing then!


Re: Your arguing skills


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 5:11 PM
 

from both sides the base of this fisticuff seems to be "before too long your team will drop significantly and or our team is on the rise and will leave yours in the dust."

as an SC grad I am pleased with the direction of the SC program and I recognize the overall strides CU has made as well. given no one has a crystal ball, admittedly one of the programs could step back significantly in teh next several yrs but it isn't likely.
Both seek to win a title and contend like bama or Fl before them or southern cal before them or PS or nebraska or or or.

the thing no one from either side seems to be concerned with but that all from both should, is this.
what particular trait did both programs collectively share during the current growth for SC under SS and Cu under Dabo? One that needed to progress to greater success in order to best propel the programs to where they aim. One that is less true, for both, these last couple yrs?
Border fences! from 08 -11 most top instate prospects signed with one or the other with progressively fewer choosing to leave the heated confines of this instate war.
2012's several top prospects to include the two who r considered, at least by some, the top two instate recruits didn't suit up in G&B or O&P last Sat. 2013 group appears seveal more, to include, two who r by some rated the top two propects will be wearing out of state uniforms.
This seems to be lost by both fan basis. When we were winning 5-7 and u 6-8 on average (admittedly on an 11 game schedule) and began signing most of the top prospects between the two programs did anyone think that should either and especially both programs incline as they have that we would still be regurally watching so many (heck any!) top home grown talent choose neither of us?????

i do not share the hatred that has for decades lived in some folk from both sides. I am glad both instate prgrams are doing well making wins over CU even sweeter. I do desire Sc to reach the elit levels reached by few programs ever and even fewer reach with any repitition over the decades and tho I do not hate CU, I admit that were it needed in order for SC to do so it be in part at the expence of Cu I would still take it and I imagine Cu fans would take the reverse likewise.

what I do not want to see is the return of two programs sporting 5 or 6 win records battling it out to b bowl eligible. one unranked team beating another unranked team for bragging rights in a clash no one outside of SC noticed.
I understand Fl, NC and GA have enourmas HS talent and our programs poaching it is a major aspect of each teams success and will continue to be. still I believe if either program (or both) can grab half of those 2-6 really good prospects that r currently getting away this will be the most certain route to sustaining and improving either/or both programs ongoing success. JMHO WVP


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 5:10 PM
 

I'm deeply hurt. Nah. don't care.


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 5:31 PM
 

Clem5on has LOST 5 in a row. You folks need to get used to the new reality.


You win 5 in a row. Congrats. We still own your ass. In fact


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 6:08 PM
 

You should be wearing orange since we have that game to you on a silver platter. With six turnovers, you should have MURDERED us..63 to 17 maybe.


Re: You win 5 in a row. Congrats. We still own your ass. In fact


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 11:46 PM
 

Well, didn't Chris Smelley throw 4 or 5 picks in '08 during Dabo's audition? Does that mean we really didn't win-they just gave it to us?


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:07 PM
 

Haha "the new reality" that's pretty funny. You act like all of a sudden you're nationally relevant. You still have no championships or decent bowl games in your entire history.

2019 student level member

Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 7:00 PM
 

Guess what? We don't give a crap what you idiots think about Anything. Save your thoughts about us, takes too much effort putting two words together! 5 Baby!!!!!


Um apparently you do care! You're trolling your rivals board

[2]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 7:35 PM
 

For validation. God this coot logic is hilarious!


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 8:00 PM
 

You must - YOU ARE HERE AND POSTING!

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

null


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:06 PM
 

You are on our freakin' website. If you don't like what you read… LEAVE. You're a joke dude.

2019 student level member

Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 7:46 PM
 

I actually do care what you guys say about us. It deepens me sadly that you don't see that we are outpacing you in every sport. I am incredibly upset that you feel that you "own that azz" in our recently-one-sided rivalry.

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to console myself by watching the last five games in the series till our next meeting. Actually, I can just pick one to watch, cuz they've all been pretty similar.


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 7:57 PM
 

Care to explain basketball and soccer to start with?

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

null


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:05 PM
 

Every sport? Is that why you have so many conference championships and quality bowl games? Clemson loses to you every year and still gets a better bowl. That must kill you. Baseball is way better at USC but basketball is head and shoulders better than South Carolina and you have a great head coach in Frank Martin, he still can't win.

2019 student level member

We all know you care. That's why you're here. We will never


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 7:52 PM
 

Say you own us, won't happen. We were the better team. Spotted you 21 points. You're welcome!


Funny how your history only goes back 5 years!***


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 7:52 PM
 




Re: Funny how your history only goes back 5 years!***

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 8:06 PM
 

Haha. You guys are so funny. All you've got is ancient history. And basketball (which you won't have for much longer) and soccer. All the threads on here are about the rivalry. Say it out loud. 5 in a row. And I don't think spotting us 21 pts make you the better team. I think it makes you the worse team and it makes you the least prepared and disciplined team. Agree?


No not really. I think we had a bad game. Would you say


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 8:28 PM
 

Tennessee is a better team than you? Is Georgia a better team? I guess so by your logic. Still think we were the better team. Had a bad game...just like a lot of you coots said when you played Tennessee.


Re: No not really. I think we had a bad game. Would you say

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 8:36 PM
 

We went 10-2. UT and UGA did not. You went 10-2 but we won the head to head. Over the course of the season, we were better. Not on those particular days, but over the course of the season.


Re: No not really. I think we had a bad game. Would you say

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 8:37 PM
 

Just like I don't think we are better than Mizzou. Yes, we beat them, but they only lost to us, so their body of work is better. They are the better team between the two of us.


Hmmm..so now it's based on wins versus loses? Let me try to


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:03 PM
 

Understand your foot logic. You're still better than Tennessee and Georgia because you gave a better record...even though you lost to them? Interesting. With your logic, we beat Georgia, but you didn't, so does that mean we are tied?


Re: Hmmm..so now it's based on wins versus loses? Let me try to


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:10 PM
 

You are better than UGA. You went 10-2. We beat you. UGA beat us, but lost other games, so their body of work is less, therefore, we are a better team now. Just like you are a better team than UGA.


Re: No not really. I think we had a bad game. Would you say

[2]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:20 PM
 

get a life..are you really someone's dad and you troll websites?Your kids must be proud!


Re: Funny how your history only goes back 5 years!***


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:03 PM
 

Haha we won't have basketball much longer? What? Are you just grasping for straws now?

2019 student level member

Re: Funny how your history only goes back 5 years!***


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:14 PM
 

No straws. Just be patient. Brownell's not much of a coach. SC doesn't have the players yet to compete at a high level, but Frank Martin is doing work. Your talent advantage is fading fast.


Re: Funny how your history only goes back 5 years!***


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:19 PM
 

You truly are an idiot and oblivious to the recent basketball commitments/signees...about the second Frank Martin starts signing anyone to chickentech, NCAA investigators will check in to a Columbia hotel

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: Funny how your history only goes back 5 years!***


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:20 PM
 

Says who? We are 7-1. You are 2-2. You're right South Carolina doesn't have the players to complete, but you also never have had competitive players. Our talent advantage is fading all right.

2019 student level member

Re: Funny how your history only goes back 5 years!***


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 11:49 PM
 

Brownell is an excellent coach (as is Martin), and will surprise a lot of people this season!


The lottery comparison is spot on


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 8:01 PM
 

+1

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg


What an idiot

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 8:43 PM
 

Spoken like a true tiger... We lost but wait we are better. I bet you posted this stupid stuff about FSU after they kicked your butt. I guess your comeback now is wait for baseball season. Oh wait... Clemson can't win a series in that sport either.


Funny...y'all were crowing you were better than Tennessee


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:00 PM
 

When you lost to them. Last time I checked this is a Clemson board. You dirtpeckers have a board of your own. Use it. Still think we were the better team, but played about as bad as we could play.


Re: What an idiot


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:02 PM
 

If you are so much better than us as Clemson fans why are you still here? Go the #### back to your websites if you don't like it.

2019 student level member

They want our validation so bad and it kills them that we

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:04 PM
 

Will not give it to them. Love ruffling their feathers!


Re: They want our validation so bad and it kills them that we

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:12 PM
 

Don't need your validation. We won 31-17. Validation enough for me.


Re: They want our validation so bad and it kills them that we


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:13 PM
 

But you're on Tigernet…. please, tell me why.

2019 student level member

I don't think he gets it....bless it***

[2]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:15 PM
 




Re: They want our validation so bad and it kills them that we


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:24 PM
 

B/c you guys need some knowledge dropped on you. And thanks to the poster for offering me computer assistance. That's very sweet of you. I'll respectfully decline.

Clemson fans measure themselves against SC. Right now, you're not feeling that great about yourselves. It's ok. One day, you guys will beat us again. But, gone are the days when you would be able to rattle off 3 or 4 straight. You'll get us here or there, but for the most part, we're here to stay in your heads, especially once the income from the new SEC network starts rolling in. You're talking about a $10 million windfall that's gonna go straight to facility upgrades, coach's salaries, travel expenses and recruiting budgets. Hope you enjoyed your history, cuz the future for Clemson ain't nearly as bright as most of you would believe.


It's 'because" not "cuz!" I'm dumber just from reading that!***


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:26 PM
 




Re: They want our validation so bad and it kills them that we


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:31 PM
 

But your school and stadium is still based in Columbia, who wants to play in that dump?

2019 student level member

Re: They want our validation so bad and it kills them that we


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:32 PM
 

I'm sorry. My mistake. $28 million, not $10 million per conference school. Had to go back and look it up.


Since you're in the mood to google, please google how to


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:41 PM
 

Spell spell and use the word "because" in a sentence..."because" I don't think cuz is a word. See what I just did there?


Re: Since you're in the mood to google, please google how to


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 10:49 PM
 

Thanks for the spelling and grammar lessons.


Wait....you're a Dad?


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 2:32 AM
 

Don't you have more important things to do than get in petty arguments on other teams' message boards?

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg


Re: They want our validation so bad and it kills them that we


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:38 PM
 

As a gamecock dad you must realize the only kids that go to the armpit of South Carolina are the ones that can't get in Clemson. That is a measurable and widening gap. Go home coot.


apparently not,


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:16 PM
 

here you are making multiple posts on your rivals board. Perhaps, as is likely, the definition for the term "validation" is beyond the limits of your education....just take a few minutes to google it up.

If you have any questions, most Clemson grads can help you

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: apparently not,

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:17 PM
 

GamecockDad spends his Tuesday nights arguing with a 20 year old Clemson student. That's fine by me. I'll keep it going if he wants.

2019 student level member

Re: apparently not,


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:36 PM
 

Not really arguing. Merely discussing.


write this down!!


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:38 PM
 

Clemson will be a better team next year than in previous 3 yrs that's a fact!! Go Tigers!! #Allin


Re: write this down!!


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 10:48 PM
 

Fortunately, we don't have to write it down since you just did.


Does anyone know why we did not participate in the ACC/BIG 10 Challenge?


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 9:51 PM
 

Will this be a rotating schedule because of the new additions?


Their mascot is a chicken.


Posted: Dec 3, 2013 10:51 PM
 

And they have the word #### all over themselves.

How can you possibly respect that?

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan


Ahhh...glad to see the large coot nerve I touched

[1]
Posted: Dec 4, 2013 8:34 AM
 

Sorry cooters...not a one of you has come in here and made an argument that's sustainable, or respectable.

Perhaps you could go to the Vanderbilt board and invite someone to come and debate your side.

Ta...


Re: Ahhh...glad to see the large coot nerve I touched


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 10:54 AM
 

Gamecock fans are over enjoying seeing idiots like you
trying to make yourself feel better about getting your butt beat by us 5 times in a row. It is good entertainment and very funny


Re: Ahhh...glad to see the large coot nerve I touched


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 2:45 PM
 

> Sorry cooters...not a one of you has come in here and
> made an argument that's sustainable, or respectable.

> Before Spurrier the Coot's best coach... had a losing record. Ha! Have they ever had a
> head coach get hired elsewhere? EVER? Maybe even an
> offer?

Sorry cooters?
Four people responded to your post.
Including my response which is below:

Rex Enright is the USC coach I assume you are referring to, and while he had the most wins prior to Spurrier, he did have a losing record.

Giese, Carlen or Morrison would be my shoice for the best USC coach prior to Spurrier.

USC Football Coaches with winning records

C. R. Williams
Douglas McKay
N. B. Edgerton
Frank Dobson
Sol Metzger
Branch Bocock
Billy Laval
James P. Moran
Warren Giese
Jim Carlen
Joe Morrison
Steve Spurrier

And, aside from CU hiring Brad Scott after USC fired him, Sparky Woods is the coach at VMI.
Were these great football hires? No.

I like Brad Scott as a person, but his record at USC was bad. Never met Sparky Woods, so don't know about him.

You asked if any former USC coach had ever been hired and here are two.

P.S. Probably would have been plenty of offers for Joe Morrison had he wanted to move on and had not died an untimely death at age 51.

So, however highly you think of your debating skills, try not to make derrogatory statements, claim superiority, then ignore the responses when they refute your position.


Sorry I didn't respond in a timely fashion


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 3:14 PM
 

I have a job and, honestly, this thread is awash in a deluge of angry coots.

I'm still confused...has a Gamecock head coach ever been hired to another head coaching job that was, in essence, a promotion?

I was born in 1971 and I certainly cannot recall it having happened.


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 9:31 AM
 

> We still have no respect for you. None.


This makes no sense. A fan doesn't have respect for a rival's football team? Color me shocked!
The clemson football players have respect, I bet money on it! There is not a player on the team that has beaten the Gamecocks. I also willing to bet most of the clemson players don't know, or care for the schools history with USC. They want what all football players want.. to compete for division and bowl games.. and hopefully get drafted into the NFL.

Now you as a fan may not have respect for USC and that's fine. Most USC fans I believe, would feel differently about clemson, considering that ya'll do still have the series on us.

The funniest part about your whole butthurt and angry thread is the fact that your ### is so chapped because USC has won 5 in a row over clemson, that you are on here searching for a moral victory, claiming your higher recruiting classes, the series history, and the fact that USC hasn't got a SEC title yet.

To those points, I offer a few counter points.
If your recruiting classes are so much more superior, then why does this current 5 win streak exist?

You do own the series history, but that gap seems to be dwindling. Hence all the "we can't stand for this" talk from the tigers. Honestly, ya'll sound about the same as uga when we beat them.. "well we own you throughout history"

And finally the no SEC title when clemson has a acc title. To that I say The acc is viewed throughout the nation as a basketball conference, and a special olympic conference in football. #### even nueter dame wouldn't soil its history in football, by joining in all sports but football. While winning a title in acc football is like winning gold in the special olympics, at the end of the day your still retarded. /cheers!


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors

[1]
Posted: Dec 4, 2013 9:54 AM
 

Thanks for summing up exactly why USC has passed Clemson. USC fans spent the 90's and early 2000's defending why they were a better fan base than everyone else. Around 2006 the AD called out many of the shortcomings USC had as an athletic department and created a sense of urgency to do something about it...and that sense of urgency is still there. It also doesn't hurt that around 2006 USC started bringing in about 20 million dollars more than Clemson each year.

Clemson on the other hand is doing exactly what USC did 15 years ago...defending why they are such a great athletic department and NOT calling out the shortcomings they have.

As long as Clemson fans think they are "superior" to USC "just because they are" and not actually because of what they are doing right now then nothing will change.

Bottom line...$20 million a year goes a long way in state of South Carolina.

What exactly is Clemson doing to change things from the way they've been the past 5-6 years?


When did USC become a rival of Clemson?

[1]
Posted: Dec 4, 2013 10:09 AM
 

I like the Trojans.


Re: When did USC become a rival of Clemson?

[1]
Posted: Dec 4, 2013 12:35 PM
 

You see how well that smarta$$ statement worked for Dabo don't you? He unleashed something that has owned him ever since he said it. You might want to try something original


Re: When did USC become a rival of Clemson?


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 1:43 PM
 

Thanks again for proving the point. As long as Clemson fans keep their head in the sand and tell themselves things will change soon because "we're just better" USC has the advantage.

1 - USC brings in A LOT more money each year...thus spends a lot more money each year.

2 - They are in the SEC. There are 5 or 6 games every year that have atmosphere from Saturday night...for Clemson that number is 2 or 3.

3 - Larger alumni base. The more they win the more "fair weather" fans are going to join the GCC and buy tickets. USC sold out EVERY home game this year.

4 - Better facilities. It's hilarious that there is even a discussion about this. Clemson has a nicer campus, but ask anyone that's been given tours of both places and they'll tell you USC has better facilities for the athletes (wasn't the case 10 years ago.) That being said it's still not good enough when you're competing against the Alabama's of the world...and USC fans don't argue that. If your gut reaction is to fight this point...that's the exact reason your falling behind..just keep telling yourself it isn't true. See where that lands you ten years from now when USC has spent at least $200 million more than Clemson over that time span.


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 10:25 AM
 

Wow. That's classic ACC snobbery. "We may lose on the field but we're better than you anyway because out $hit don't stink."

It's sad when Clemson fans start sounding like Virginia fans. "Harvard beats Yale 29-29"


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 11:09 AM
 

We'll said, I love it. They are ignorant red necks.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Duke/NC


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 1:54 PM
 

I watched some of that HUGE game for the ACC Coastal. Half full stadium and about the noise of a high school game. You and your cheese eaters are being left behind in CFB. Admit it the ACC and the Southern Conference should merge. The Furman Clemson game would be relevant again for the Maritime Bowl.At one time Yale had tradition, Army had tradition, Duke was a power. You live in the past, a new power is in charge and you are left behind. Get used to it.


Reading this thread. I thought I was back in Kinda Garden


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 2:53 PM
 

haha


House coots and coot visitors apparently


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 4:23 PM
 

make some Tigers feel very, very insecure. Shame!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

Maybe that attitude is what's hurting you?


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 4:52 PM
 

You're better than everybody, we've already heard about it.

You can keep the "series" record, we'll keep winning in the now.


Then why do you keep bringing up the past 5 years...what


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 6:39 PM
 

About the years before. Can't have it both ways bud


Coleman


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 6:42 PM
 

The last five years would be considered current as the streak is still active.


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 7:48 PM
 

Yaaaawn. Meaningless jumble of words.


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 9:43 PM
 

I don't understand why people continue to post #### like this. This doesn't change the current streak by the coots. With the advantages that we have across the board, 5 in a row should never happen, but it did, and my hat is off to Spurrier and their players for getting it done.

Clemson will always be a better academic institution (US News Rankings- Clemson is #21, U of SC is #55), have a better gameday setting, college town and better and more unique traditions. Coots will argue with you on these points until they are blue in the face, but that doesn't matter as they will never let the facts get in the way of their delusional view through garnet shades. Every coot I know thinks that their entrance to 2001 is the greatest on earth, when it is exactly the same as 20+ other schools out there. While we at Clemson, like every other school, have our share of idiot and obnoxious fans, the Coots have cornered the market on the uneducated white trash population(see Gamecock Will.)

The reality is that Clemson sells itself to recruits and students. The college town experience in Clemson is so far beyond what is offered in Columbia, it is not even worth debating. USuC relies on the SEC and a legendary coach to sell their program. They need these selling points to overcome the downside of asking a student athlete to spend 4-6 years in the armpit of the southeast and worst city in the state of South Carolina.

Sadly, Spurrier has overcome all of these issues, and has created a mindset with his players that they should expect to beat Clemson every year and they seem to want this one more than Clemson. Clemson had that swagger and mental edge for a century, but that all changed when ####### Harper fumbled 5 years ago in Cootlumbia and the coots won their first of 5 in a row. It is sickening, but to argue that our program is still better than theirs is absurd. It may be the only thing they have over Clemson right now, along with the edge in baseball, but it is what it is, and we need to beat them on the field to change it.


Re: To the House Coots, and Coot Visitors


Posted: Dec 4, 2013 10:16 PM
 

As a house coot, I don't really care about the all time record I don't really care about the previous four wins. I care about the last one. As soon as the 2014 season starts I will start caring about the next one. Having to go to the all time record shows that you are bothered. Would you say GT owns clemson? In what way is your athletic departnent better? Golf, maybe. Basketball, in which we are both horrible right now? I think martin and Brownell are goid coaches but think Martin has the easier job because the ACC is much tougher. I see no reason to believe we go away after spurrier. More things have changed in the last decade besides us hiring spurrier. Our school is now sold on supporting athletics, for probably the first time ever. Tanner is a competitor, not a businessman. Spurrier has shown we can have success, we have highly upgraded our facilities with more on the way, and we have plenty of money, also with more on the way. Tanner will do everything he can to keep us winning. He will hire a good coach and pay well to do it. I don't talk alot of junk but your post sounds more like sour grapes and wishful thinking than it does factual thoughts. We may not continue winning 10 + every year but we will field competitive teams and have some good seasons. Theold carolina isnt coming back anytime soon because there has been a fundanental change from the administration on down on how we view athletics. The rivalry won't stay this one-sided in our favor but those of you expecting it to go back to "normal" are in for a dusappointment


Replies: 137  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: South Carolina
FOR SALE: For Sale 2 tickets section 503 row 25. $110 a piece. email if interested

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
10017 people have read this post