Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To posters who question the suitableness of a Christian's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 603

To posters who question the suitableness of a Christian's

Jun 2, 2020, 2:48 AM

response to current events:

We have been divided before. Who can forget kids killed at Kent St? Or MLK shot? Race riots in Boston and elsewhere. Those were bad times, too. Blacks wanted equal protection under the law. People wanted us out of Vietnam. There was a lot of anger directed at articulated issues with demanded solutions.

Today there is a very high degree of anger that is untethered to an identifiable injustice and demand. That is a definition of hate.

Opportunistically, that hate is used by the left and right for their purposes. Groups like Antifa and right wing ones have been engaged in illegal acts for years, but have been allowed to grow as one party or another did not see fit to stop them: We have been napping on this for some time. The value they hold in common is hate. Non specific, no actual goals, just hate.

So, a black person is killed by a white policeman. Statistically, that was not a racially defined incident. It might have been in that case, and systemic issues might exist in how police departments confront individuals. But the truth is that the race of a suspect has no statistical bearing on whether an engagement with a police officer is fatal. (Links available upon request). If a white officer confronts a suspect, the race of that suspect is not a statistical factor in whether a fatality occurs.

What is possible is that whites commit crimes at the same rate as blacks but are not confronted as often. It is possible that white police officers (not black ones, but white ones) are attuned to and seek out black suspects but not white. It is possible that police are trained in a way that escalates too many confrontations into violent ones. (Personally, the latter seems the most plausible, but that's another subject.)

But none of that is what we are hearing. A black man was killed. Blacks let loose an anger at something, but there is not a specific demand, which is fine at the point of a protest: understanding can come from that. Instead, Antifa and other groups used that hate as fuel to trigger riots for their own hate. Media and politicians line up into the two groups to voice their hate.

It's all hate. It wasn't like this in 1965. There was a lot of anger, but not hate. The two are not the same at all.

So, now you want my "Christian" response, and if you don't like it you will call me names.

No. That is not my answer to hate. If you want to talk truth rather than accusation, we can talk. But to hate? Your hate? Generalized hate? No. I do not owe you a response to that.

I do have a response to it. I know who you are. I know you are not a concept. I know where you came from. I know you are alive - a thing you will regret - and that you have an agenda. Human actions chronicled as history are the backdrop for a story that started before we were here. You rode a tank, held a general's rank, when the Blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank. I am not puzzled at the nature of your game. When accusations formed from a lie are used to divide, I know its you. How ya doin'?

We both have read the end of the story, so we know you lose. You went all in 2000 years ago, and Jesus held an ace you didn't count on: He loves me more than you hate Him.

I have no response to you, or to those who unwittingly parrot your line. Except this: Jesus. You hate that word, don't you? Jesus. This is your home now, not Jesus's, or mine. He has prepared a Home for me, and I have chosen it. You can do to me what you want, but I will not hate you, or anyone here. I will not hate. The next person who wants to speak respectfully with me can do so, no matter the past, including a rioter who attacked a defenseless female on the street, because I have chosen Home, and I will explain it to as many people as I can.

I do not owe even that response to anyone. But I do owe Him. I know hate when I see it. To those spreading it, I have no response. To hate, Jesus answers for me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one wants anything to do with YOUR version of Jesus

Jun 2, 2020, 7:33 AM

That’s the problem here.

So, a black person is killed by a white policeman. Statistically, that was not a racially defined incident

This line is bull. Pure ########. Everything after that I ignored. If we can’t come together on the most basic of facts, there’s no point in continuing the conversation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No one wants anything to do with YOUR version of Jesus

Jun 2, 2020, 9:12 AM

I didn’t read the OP either, but are you saying it is a fact that the policeman Is racist?
Or a fact that Floyd’s death was a hate crime?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neither.***

Jun 2, 2020, 9:19 AM

Yes (apparently) to first, maybe to second. This was not

Jun 2, 2020, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: No one wants anything to do with YOUR version of Jesus ]

the point of the post, but statistically if a white policeman confronts a suspect, the race of the suspect is not a factor in whether a fatality occurs. That will generate another hate response, but that is simply what the studies show. The point is that none of that is now part of the protest. We are seeing hate now, not mere anger over an identified injustice with a proposed solution, because as of now neither of those last two exist.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s why these protests don’t help anything. Could it be a bad

Jun 2, 2020, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: No one wants anything to do with YOUR version of Jesus ]

Cop, no it’s a racist cop. If there were 2 white cops and 2 black cops, could it be 4 bad cops. No, it was at least 2 racists white cops and most likely 2 racist black cops as well. And all the while the protests aren’t directed at police at all but rather those who had nothing to do with it but I guess they are all racist as well, regardless of ethnicity. I’m missing how this helps for sure. Sure, the cop could have been a racist but it is not the business owners who would be to blame. If protests were done peacefully outside state capitals and police stations, they would not send mixed messaged of blame and hate towards all

Correct. If one is mad about something, he says what he

Jun 2, 2020, 12:01 PM

are mad about, then when the other person fixes it one is duty bound to not be mad anymore.

This is not that. It doesn't seem to be the desired outcome. This is instead hatred, which exists for its own purpose. I am not going to answer anything to anyone who is spreading it: I know where hatred comes from. We are complicit in it, but it is not us.

Replies: 6
| visibility 603
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic