Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Brownell previews year three
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,418

Front Page Story: Brownell previews year three

Oct 10, 2012, 3:42 PM

Brownell previews year three

Clemson head coach Brad Brownell previews the upcoming season, a season in which he as 11 underclassmen on his roster. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so... do we get to .500 in the ACC this year?

Oct 10, 2012, 5:59 PM

I don't see this team being particularly strong without experienced guards who can shoot. Jennings should be better, but neither he or Booker inspire much confidence as playmakers. So will this team be an improvement or a step back from last year's team? I can see them being a good bit worse, as they're younger and (I think) a good bit less talented now that Purnell's recruits have nearly all gone.

Another question: can Brownell recruit high profile guys, or is it just going to be more of the old "let's recruit this athlete and see if he can play basketball" stuff we're used to? I guess Bernard Sullivan was the most highly recruited guy we've picked up so far, but it remains to be seen whether he can be a regular player with his asthma.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

12-4 and heading to the final 4

Oct 10, 2012, 6:06 PM

or maybe 4-12 and staying home

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigers will only be as good as Milt & Devin choose to be

Oct 10, 2012, 7:26 PM

They have both been uncoachable and underachieving in their time here. Whether it is attitude or ability, IDK, but IF they choose to buy into what Brownell is selling, they can be a 5th or 6th place team in the ACC. The league is weak all around with no super players outside of CJ Leslie & Michael Snaer...Plumlee & McAdoo are overrated. TEAM play will go a long way this year.

is this the last year of the Milton Jennings experiment?

Oct 10, 2012, 11:18 PM

is this his year, or will he go down like Pasha Bains?

Somehow he seems to have endless eligibility..***

Oct 11, 2012, 1:12 AM

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

To me it seems like yesterday that he was a freshman.

Oct 11, 2012, 8:33 AM

I have a hard time getting my mind around him already having used up his eligibility.

As someone said earlier ... this season will hinge on Milton and Devin living up to their potential.

On paper, these were two of the most highly regarded high school recruits to sign with Clemson in the past 20 years.

Now they're both seniors.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,418
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic