Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To expand on an earlier post, how close are we to being the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

To expand on an earlier post, how close are we to being the

Apr 18, 2019, 3:02 AM

most prolific offense in history? Right now the record looks like this for a single year:

1. 1904 Minnestota 725 points
2. 2013 FSU 723 points
3. 2018 Clemson 664 points
4. 2005 Texas 652 points
5. 1902 Michigan 644 points
6. 1995 Nebraska 638 points

Our #3 Ranking represents 664 points across 15 games, for a 44.3 avg. To get to 726 points across 15 games, we'd need a 48.4 avg. For further perspective, FSU's 723 was over 13 games, for a 55.6 avg. So, entirely possible, with less output per game than what FSU accomplished just 5 years ago.

Could Dabo do it? I have to think absolutely, if he wanted to. Will he do it? Given his penchant for playing reserves, hiding the playbook, and being an all round classy guy, I kind of doubt it. Put it is interesting to think about, and amazing at just how close we are. What a time to be a tiger.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting. It wouldn't hurt my feelings

Apr 18, 2019, 5:04 AM

if he scored most of those points in one game that happens towards the end of November!

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

What's striking is

Apr 18, 2019, 5:09 AM

The Tigers hit their season average against Bama...and could have added another TD. A&M and those tough ACC defenses ('Cuse, BC, Duke) held the Tigers back. Oh...and those Irish. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol yes, Louisville scored as much against us as Bama did

Apr 18, 2019, 5:55 AM

and GT and Syr scored more. Meanwhile, BC, Syr, NCSt, Duke, and Georgia Southern "held us" to less points than Bama gave up. That's hilarious.

Re: To expand on an earlier post, how close are we to being the

Apr 18, 2019, 6:18 AM

Don’t think we make it this year. We played a couple of historically bad ACC teams in FSU and Louisville and the Wake D wasn’t even trying I believe they had people playing out of position due to injury. So coaching changes at Ga Tech and Ville probably mean better Ds along with Wake and fewer scores against FSU because their offense should keep the ball more. Then again Trevor and Ross weren’t even full time until the middle of the season. Trevor may not play any more than he did though due to scores at the half. Ross may not play any more due to the two freshman getting minutes. I would expect more points against TAMU, BC and UofSC though (yes more than 63 on their own turf). We may run into teams slow playing us trying to shorten the games to keep it respectable.

Dabo will never intentionally embarrass any one.......***

Apr 18, 2019, 8:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2019, 8:51 AM

1. That 2013 FSU team is one of the most dominant teams of any era. They are worthy of the 95 Nebraska, 2001 Miami, and 2018 Clemson team discussion.

Dabo would not humiliate (intentionally) anyone save the coot. Then again, I don't think he likes Louisville. Then again, he plays everyone, so it is up to the other team to stop our equipment managers, ticket sellers, and Harden Hall All-Stars.

Apr 18, 2019, 10:17 AM

I agree that Dabo won’t intentionally run up the score. But......our talent pool appears to be getting deeper. When the 3rd & 4th stringers are 4 star guys, it could easily get ugly fast. Dabo won’t run up the score, but he ain’t gonna tell the backups to lay off either.

On another subject....anybody that says that the coots are our toughest game, is out of their ever loving mind.

Breaking the points record really hinges on 1 crucial variable

Apr 18, 2019, 10:24 AM

How many carries does Lyn-J get in garbage time

It's not happening!

Apr 18, 2019, 10:36 AM

Dabo plays more players than anyone else, and our defense will have fewer 3 and outs.

Time of possession will be less.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic