Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To everyone who dissed me last weekend when I stated that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 78
| visibility 1

To everyone who dissed me last weekend when I stated that

Apr 16, 2017, 11:46 AM

Our attendance was disappointing after winning the title, at our spring game, while I was sitting in the stadium and you all were sitting at home. Ohio State sold there's out and got whipped by us 31-0. Really disappointing.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19158948/ohio-state-buckeyes-sell-spring-football-game

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To everyone who dissed me last weekend when I stated that

Apr 16, 2017, 11:48 AM

RedditCFB @RedditCFB

Ohio State playing two-hand touch in their Spring Game. That makes 2 games in a row since they didn't tackle anyone against Clemson either

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, it is also funny to me that they call 82K a

Apr 16, 2017, 12:11 PM

sell out when their stadium holds well over 90K.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: True, it is also funny to me that they call 82K a

Apr 16, 2017, 12:12 PM

True, but the article says parts of their stadium are closed for renovations, so they sold out all their "available" tickets.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sounds like NASCAR logic to me

Apr 16, 2017, 1:01 PM

Cover whole areas of unsold seats with advertisement. Worked for awhile until they couldn't sellout the front stretch

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Lol, get lost dood***

Apr 16, 2017, 12:00 PM

Apr 16, 2017, 12:02 PM

Yea setting an attendance record is real disappointing. That's three years straight by the way that we have done that.
Go Tigers!!

some statistical perspective

Apr 16, 2017, 12:02 PM

82,000 = 137% of the undergraduate enrollment at tOSU

60,000 = 333% of the undergraduate enrollment at CU

82,000 = 9.96% of the population of Columbus Ohio

60,000 = 429% of the population of Clemson SC

Great minds....

Apr 16, 2017, 12:05 PM

Huge stat that is often overlooked.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: some statistical perspective

Apr 16, 2017, 12:09 PM [ in reply to some statistical perspective ]

Ohio State is "the" university in Ohio. It plays second fiddle to no one.

Clemson is not (just being honest).

Ohio has 3x the population of SC and OSU sits within a major metro city. There is no major competitor within 3 hours of Columbus.

I enjoyed the Clemson spring game.

Apr 16, 2017, 12:17 PM

Yes, Clemson is what, 3-0 against Ohio State now? Yes, Clemson IS the University of South Carolina. We own the coots and we own the buck nuts. Get used to it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang the insecurity

Apr 17, 2017, 9:02 AM

He meant no other school in Ohio has the support osu does. In that state there are more buckeyes than any other school.

In south carolina there are far more gamecock fans than clemson fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

plus it's Ohio. Nothing better to do. Ours is Masters weekend. Maybe people

Apr 16, 2017, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: some statistical perspective ]

diss you because you're a pathetic proud loser coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 16, 2017, 12:22 PM [ in reply to some statistical perspective ]

Nice stats! Interesting to see it spelled out like that.

Coots not good at statistics...***

Apr 16, 2017, 4:04 PM [ in reply to some statistical perspective ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Columbus population = 800k+. Clemson population = 14k+.

Apr 16, 2017, 12:04 PM

Both without the student bodies. Clemson had roughly 400% of the towns population attend the spring game. Ohio State had a measley 10% attend.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Columbus population = 800k+. Clemson population = 14k+.

Apr 16, 2017, 12:06 PM

What did they watch, a glorified flag football game? They will get crushed when they meet a physical team. Carmen Jackson, come on down bud. No primpy 7 on 7 playing in front of slugnut fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are you trying to accomplish?

Apr 16, 2017, 12:07 PM

I'd ask myself that before I post something. You should too...

Spring game is just not a priority for many

Apr 16, 2017, 12:08 PM

including me. No interest in all at going to see a practice. I haven't even watched the TV replay, not one play of it. And yeah, I have been a season ticket holder for decades, and went to 11 of the 14 games last season, including Tampa and obviously several other away games.

I did go to the baseball game that afternoon, just as I go to every home baseball game. Much better use of 3 hours of my time.

Re: Spring game is just not a priority for many

Apr 16, 2017, 12:12 PM

To each his own scooter, I did both on that Saturday. Loved seeing the recruits walking down the steps, high fiving the kids, signing autographs for the kids. Liked seeing the freshmen and redshirt freshmen getting their feet wet. Enjoyed watching Hunter Johnson go through his reps, as well as Cooper and Israel.

For those of us that don't get to go to 11 games due to jobs and just shear distance, I enjoyed the spring game. Will do so again next year too.

the problem with us is all the older fans. We need new blood

Apr 16, 2017, 12:18 PM

Around there. They are the ones who buy up all the tickets and then try to sell them for triple the face value. I was at Auburn game, U of L game, FSU game, Scar game, and at the Natty.... oh and BTW, the Spring game.

Re: the problem with us is all the older fans. We need new blood

Apr 16, 2017, 12:48 PM

Us older fans are the ones that have been paying our IPTAY dues for decades. We give to the LIFE program and Clemson Giving. We may not be physically able to climb the hills and steep steps and there is nothing wrong with giving my tickets to family or other Clemson fans or selling them to other Clemson fans.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: the problem with us is all the older fans. We need new blood

Apr 16, 2017, 4:57 PM

Didn't say that there was a problem with what you do. My point is not about you. You've actually tried to help us in the past. My point is the other people that rip people off.

In the great words of Mr. Iverson - "We talkin' PRACTICE!"

Apr 16, 2017, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Spring game is just not a priority for many ]

By the way, I was there and at the baseball game and it's a 500 mile round trip for me.

null

Re: In the great words of Mr. Iverson - "We talkin' PRACTICE!"

Apr 16, 2017, 12:16 PM

For me, it's almost 800 mile roundtrip. Worth every mile to tailgate with my friends and family, watch two baseball games and see the football get out there for their glorified practice.

I understand your point. However, would have surely

Apr 16, 2017, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Spring game is just not a priority for many ]

Thought we would have packed the house after winning our first title in 35 years.

Re: I understand your point. However, would have surely

Apr 16, 2017, 12:19 PM

60K is a pretty nice crowd for a spring practice. Course, your paltry 12K was beyond pathetic.

This was the 1st spring game I've missed in almost

Apr 17, 2017, 9:04 AM [ in reply to I understand your point. However, would have surely ]

20 years.
I purposely didn't go because 60k people did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Apr 16, 2017, 12:11 PM

I bet you're an angry person

Apr 16, 2017, 12:15 PM

20000 seats were not aVAILABLE SO ITS A TECHNICALITY. aLSO it is in the middle of Columbus a city and met area of close to a million. Now that said I was disappointed in the CU attendance but comparing us to them is just wrong. Also we tackled everyone. Their first string played touch

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's freakin' Ohio. They don't have anything else to do

this time of year.

The promise of a Spring game is probably the only thing that keeps half of them from eating a bullet during the winter months.

We have clean lakes (Erie is filthy), mountains, good weather and beautiful women. They lack all four.

That's why they keep moving down here in droves and contaminating our area.

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

Re: It's freakin' Ohio. They don't have anything else to do

I agree with all but the women, they have some strait 11* hotties in that state and they all put out ??

You're a joke...

Shut up cocklover, it wasn't too long ago that you were calling for Dabo's head. Funny how you haven't posted much since 2014, and when you do its posts like this.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Prolly been because I've been busy busting my ### serving

Apr 16, 2017, 12:22 PM

This country and not sitting in my parents basement like you.....

As long as it's a different uniform

Apr 16, 2017, 12:37 PM

and not this one.

null

Re: Prolly been because I've been busy busting my ### serving

Apr 16, 2017, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Prolly been because I've been busy busting my ### serving ]

While I aprreciate your service it doesn't give you a free pass to be complete #######.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Prolly been because I've been busy busting my ### serving

Apr 16, 2017, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Prolly been because I've been busy busting my ### serving ]

LOL boy you ARE a coot, come out of the closet, and as far as "serving my country while I sit in my parents basement" that confirmed your cootdom. I was serving MY country before you were even born. Dumb coots always post the same crap over and over and over.

I bet you did.....***

Apr 16, 2017, 12:53 PM

Apr 16, 2017, 12:20 PM

If only fannies in seats equaled points....

Note: Columbus Ohio

Apr 16, 2017, 12:25 PM

has about a half million people. Clemson has about 20,000. When you look at relative numbers, surrounding area, pop'n, radius of reach, etc., we are going pretty doggone good. I wouldn't worry about it. And I think we had "only" 30,000 last year. And won the title AFTER that.

Apr 16, 2017, 12:29 PM

Look, I understand his post and he shouldn't be attacked for it, nor is anyone a " coot " for expressing their point. I really thought we would have more too until I took the perspective of op that explained the population student body cnt etc.

However, we also have something else to contend with that no one else did. The Masters. Just guessing, I'd have to say that maybe cost 5-10k.

I do hope we continue to build to beat bama and uga in attendance. Bad comparison with tosu and Michigan and the real usc etc. bet we'll have more next spring with TL, XT etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2017, 12:33 PM

Dear Moron:

Ohio State is the only major FBS school in a state with a far larger population than South Carolina. Their undergraduate enrollment is 3x what ours is. I know your are a simpleton, but let those facts sink in for just a second before you return to a keyboard.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2017, 12:36 PM

maybe you should realize the enrollment at ohio st is over 66,000 students. pretty #### amazing that we had as many there as we did with the size of the school.

It sold out bc they knew it was a gane they coulndt loose.***

Apr 16, 2017, 12:37 PM

Uhh... I think the basketball team making it to the NIT may

Apr 16, 2017, 12:47 PM

have had something to do with that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I'll take 3-0 in real game competition against OSU

Apr 16, 2017, 12:52 PM

over spring game attendance. I'm sure they would be glad to trade the two as well.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Apr 16, 2017, 12:52 PM

Masters weekend and all of metro Atlanta was on spring break. Sure that had nothing to do with it.

Apr 16, 2017, 12:54 PM

Ohio St is also in much larger city.

Spring game attendance championships only matter

Apr 16, 2017, 1:03 PM

to schools who don't win real championships on the field.

Caring about how many fans attend the spring game is juvenile. How old are you, 12?

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Apr 16, 2017, 1:06 PM

Well done Clemsonfan2000!

Apr 16, 2017, 1:13 PM

Allot of us burned through funds and leave for the playoff and Championship... Two years straight. Do we get a pass?

Apr 16, 2017, 1:34 PM

Maybe Clemson had 20,000 fans that took a vacation during the spring game week. Many had money burning a hole in their pocket since so many won large sums after Clemson was through humiliating USuC, curb stomping OH31-0 State, and then beating the vaunted Bama for the championship. Personally I just bought a new truck and still attended the spring game. This help?

Re: To everyone who dissed me last weekend when I stated that***

Apr 16, 2017, 1:37 PM

Apr 16, 2017, 1:38 PM

No offense but who really cares? Just win in the fall baby!

Columbus, Ohio has population of 800,000 plus

Apr 16, 2017, 1:42 PM

and they couldn't fill up the stadium. Clemson has a population of 14,000 plus and brought in over 4 times it's population.

Context matters. :)

be honest

Apr 16, 2017, 1:44 PM

your finger is in your ######## right now, isn't it? it's ok, you're safe here - you're in the trust tree - the nest, of you will. go ahead - take your finger out and start poast over. i'll help - start by saying "wow! over 60k at your spring game and we got maybe 8k - but, we did get hootie!"

see, it's fixed

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: be honest

Apr 16, 2017, 1:48 PM

That's the Easter spirit....I spewed my post dessert coffee.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2017, 1:51 PM

went the church, had easter brunch, and come home to this - freakin coots

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Apr 16, 2017, 1:55 PM

Understand. I thought it was funny.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2017, 1:59 PM

try not to laugh - it only makes him worse

signed,
my mom

happy easter northwest

Apr 16, 2017, 2:18 PM

> Our attendance was disappointing after winning the
> title, at our spring game, while I was sitting in
> the stadium and you all were sitting at home. Ohio
> State sold there's out and got whipped by us 31-0.
> Really disappointing.
>
>
>
>
> http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/191589
> 48/ohio-state-buckeyes-sell-spring-football-game

Knot head, You do realize that 25% of the country's population is within 100 miles of Columbus, OH; that the university has 3 times the students and Columbus is also the 3rd largest city in OH. Yet, we still put 60k in a little town for a scrimmage. What the hell are you looking for, something to be RIGHT about??? Get a grip.

the 1st time I ever set foot on OhioSt's campus, it dawned

Apr 16, 2017, 2:27 PM

on me there were approximately the same number of students attending college there (close to 50,000) as Clemson had living alumni at the time (early 70's)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Went to grad. school there in 69,70, the surrounding area

Apr 16, 2017, 2:32 PM

sucks! It made me really appreciate the smaller and much safer Clemson!

Sorry. The job i have doesnt allow me to take

Apr 16, 2017, 2:40 PM

Off from April til June 15th. I live 500 miles away, wish I could. You've made me feel bad though.

Re: Getting dissed on tnet

Apr 16, 2017, 2:43 PM

Is a time honored tradition. Who cares about spring game stats? Did anyone call you names? O how terrible. ;)

Apr 16, 2017, 4:00 PM

who won the NC? The Clemson Tigers. We picked a bad weekend for our spring game with spring break last week.

My daughter and I were there to!

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2017, 8:34 PM

Thanks OP. Before I read your post, I was worried that some of my posts might be considered "worst POTD". Now I can rest easy knowing that I can't touch this one.

Apr 16, 2017, 8:46 PM

Okay so now what? What do you want?

Apr 16, 2017, 8:50 PM

I flew to the Fiesta Bowl and watched Ohio get crushed and one week later drove to Tampa and went to the Natty! Did you attend both games?

Apr 16, 2017, 10:23 PM

Idiot

Apr 16, 2017, 10:28 PM

TD. Sorry but take that crap elsewhere. And their fan base is like 100 times the size of ours due to punk 20 year olds wearing small gauges in their ears, working at PacSun for 2 years, and semi liking football. This, they get lower quality female external sexual reproductive organs.

Love?

its friggin Ohio dewd. Wth else they gonna do?***

Apr 17, 2017, 7:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2017, 8:08 AM

All those people in Columbus to watch a glorified two-hand touch powder puff game!

Apr 17, 2017, 8:16 AM

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

it doesn't matter, we still beat them 31-0***

Apr 17, 2017, 10:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2017, 10:44 AM

I can't lie. I was also disappointed with the attendance at the Spring game. Did not look like 50,000 people at all to me. The baseball attendance has been disappointing as well. We finally have a really good baseball team. Best team in years and there are a lot of empty seats. Fans should be supporting this team at a maximum level.

Apr 17, 2017, 10:55 AM

Apr 17, 2017, 7:45 PM

There were also a crapload more people watching stuff like Dancing with the Stars and The Bachelor than there were watching the shows I like.

I bet many more people drank some buttweiser swill instead of the locally crafted and far superior RJ Rockers I had.

I am positive many thousands more people were listening to some kind of Bruno Mars or Garth Tritt horse manure than were enjoying some quality Ramones or Iron Maiden last Saturday too.

Shoot, there may have been more people buying georgia hats and coot shirts at their local Dollar Generals than there were at our spring game.

Please, lord, let's keep it that way. I know we have that trophy now, but Clemson Family doesn't need the fair weather riff raff showing up.

Replies: 78
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic