Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ohio state analysis — they missed the fact our same offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Ohio state analysis — they missed the fact our same offense

Dec 18, 2019, 12:05 AM

Scored 44 on bama last year ..

Here is the whole Write up

“A quick look at NCAA statistics show Clemson to be a juggernaut. A closer look just may tell a different story.

That # 1 scoring defense for Clemson, who did they play?

Here is a list of the scoring offenses they played.

First, stats for Charlotte and Wofford wins are laughable. But they did play them.

Now for the numbers: 124: 62; 68; 49; 65; 40; 52; 106; 39; 104. One top 40 team that's it 1 !!! Plus Charlotte and Wofford.

Now what about that # 4 scoring offense and 60+ game against Virginia.

What were the defenses rated they played against: 104; 37; 89; 105; 50; 71; 111; 96; 83 79; 56

Every single team Clemson played were not only weak offensively, they were weak defensively. They consistently played weak teams that were weak on both sides of the ball the entire season.

Against Virginia a team with a season long weak passing defense lost 3 of their corners before the final game with Clemson and after a brutal game with arch rival VT: they had no one with experience or speed to cover Clemson's admittedly strong wide receiver corps. Thus the 62 offensive output.

We will win this game IMHO. I suspect that if there is a blowout, it will be OSU blowing out Clemson.”

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: Ohio state analysis — they missed the fact our same offense

Dec 18, 2019, 12:41 AM

Eeh, let em yak that garbage if it makes them sleep better at night. If they weren't scared, they wouldn't be leaning on the "Clemson hasn't played anyone" crutch so much.

They know what's coming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2019, 12:52 AM

Interesting how they mention offensive stats. Ok, I will take that on. All those stats he mentioned are a flat out lie. That's right visiting Bucknuts, ya boy is lying. Why? Well for starters, in simply looking at NCAA Offensive stats, Wake Forrest is 12th. UNC, is 14. Oh, Boston College? #25. Hey, how about Louisville? Yeah, 36. Ok, sorry, too many facts? Ok. So let's look at that mighty Conference, the Extra Large 14(Since they can only count to 10 I guess). So Ohio St is top 5, but then to see the very next XL14 team, you go to #31 Mighty Indiana. Thanks for making thithis easy. Try harder, and maybe you can think at least at the speed of which those slow midwest players run.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was wondering where he was getting those rankings

Dec 18, 2019, 1:18 AM

What in the world is he taking about.

I hope someone showed him the offenses they played. We will scorch that defense

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was wondering where he was getting those rankings

Dec 18, 2019, 4:47 AM

What in the world is he taking about.

I hope someone showed him the offenses they played. We will scorch that defense

That's just it. It's the chicken or egg came first theory concerning the B1G defenses and offenses. The teams in that league all look decent on defense until you realize most of the offenses in that conference is pretty bad.

OSU has played 6 teams ranked near the bottom offensively...3 avg to below avg and 3 decent.

Indiana [31]
FAU [33]
Wisconsin [37]
Nebraska [57]
Penn St [67]
Michigan [68]
Cincinnati [85]
Mich St [101]
Maryland [108]
Miami -OH [122]
NW [124]
Rutgers [129]

They feel like they've played Jonathan Taylor twice and limited his effectiveness so they can do the same with Etienne. I basically laughed at them really when they said they have a *silver bullet* scheme that can shut us down. I pointed out that is Penn St or Wisconsin could put 3 scores up on them while holding them 14 plus points under their scoring avg....why is it hard for them to conceive Clemson can do the same but score more points.

I got no reply

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, he said scoring offense and those numbers are

Dec 18, 2019, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Ohio state analysis — they missed the fact our same offense ]

accurate for that category. However, as the saying goes, there are "lies, ### lies, and statistics". You can make the stats conform to whatever narrative you have.

I bet this guy has never watched a single play of our games. Will our defense be tested? Absolutely, but having watched both teams play I think we will be just fine on the defensively.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The game is not played on a piece of paper

Dec 18, 2019, 1:06 AM

The Tigers are simply more talented and more experienced. Yes, Fields and Young are great players. But across the board, the Tigers are just better.

This is exactly what the talking heads have been doing all season. They don't talk about Clemson football. They talk about the football of the teams that we've played. I hope the OSU players buy into this crap. They will be in for a rude awakening when they take the field and realize Clemson is not all of those other teams. Clemson is the team that has won 28 in-a-row including thrashing whoever we play in the playoff.

Dec 18, 2019, 1:50 AM

The offensive stats he named are literally so far from accurate, we faced higher rated offenses all year than OSU. Must be so cold up there their computers don’t boot up to google stats.

Dec 18, 2019, 2:30 AM

They are looking at scoring offense:
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/27

Because that's the one that fits their agenda... They know looking at total offense, it looks much different:
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21

Let them talk. If they think finding the paper stats to fit the agenda is the be all, they'll be the ones trying to figure out what happened come half time.

Dec 18, 2019, 2:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Ohio state analysis — they missed the fact our same offense ]

Because that's the one that fits their agenda... They know looking at total offense, it looks much different:

Let them talk. If they think finding the paper stats to fit the agenda is the be all, they'll be the ones trying to figure out what happened come half time.

Dec 18, 2019, 2:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Ohio state analysis — they missed the fact our same offense ]

Dec 18, 2019, 2:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Ohio state analysis — they missed the fact our same offense ]

Sorry for the triple post...

But here's flaw 2 in their "theory". Scoring offense is ranked by what? Points per game, correct? Well, interesting... Seems to depend on which "paper" you look at...
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/points-per-game

Look there, and guess what... Things change. NCAA's version has PSU at #24 in scoring offense at 34.3...TR's points per game stats has them...#46 at 30.3, below UVA, Louisville, & WF. ??

Dec 18, 2019, 3:17 AM

Btw, the difference is TR removes stats that aren't between 2 FBS programs (i.e. removes stats vs FCS). Idaho for PSU is actually FCS, as they voluntarily dropped from FBS to FCS, so that's what is being removed and drops them that far. Not though OH St fans, who have openly made fun of Clemson playing an FCS team, want to use the NCAA.com stats that have PSU higher that includes their lopsided score vs FCS Idaho.??

Dec 18, 2019, 11:30 AM

LOL - both Charlotte and Wofford would have beaten Rutgers this year.

My O31O analysis — they can KMA

Dec 18, 2019, 11:41 AM

Ohio State schedules Florida Atlantic, Miami (OH) and Cincinnati (ALL HOME GAMES) and wants to complain about us playing Wofford and a BOWL BOUND Charlotte team? Ignore the TWO SEC team we demolished on the schedule.

Perhaps they need to take a look at Rutgers, Maryland, and Northwestern. Congrats to Indiana to having their best season in a quarter century.

Dec 18, 2019, 11:55 AM

A post without two cherry-picked numbers

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Some-stats-for-fun-(or-not-if-you-hate-numbers)-26519505

Clemson

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic