Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Three OU play-makers should be ready vs Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

FB Update: Three OU play-makers should be ready vs Clemson

Dec 18, 2014, 9:08 AM

Three OU play-makers should be ready vs Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't care if they trot Billy Sims out there, come get you

Dec 18, 2014, 9:14 AM

some of the #1 Defense in America...

This is starting to feel like a lose-lose game to me.

Dec 18, 2014, 9:19 AM

If we win then "Oh, you just beat an overrated OK team that lost 5 games."

If we lose "Oh you got beat by an OK team that was supposed to be good but wasn't."

I would love a W and 10 wins this year but I don't think we're going to get credit for this one...

GO TIGERS!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is starting to feel like a lose-lose game to me.

Dec 18, 2014, 9:24 AM

I have felt the same way for a whole....a no win situation for us.

Dec 18, 2014, 9:24 AM

***while***

Re: This isIf Stoudt Can Get Over His Demons ----

Dec 18, 2014, 9:26 AM [ in reply to This is starting to feel like a lose-lose game to me. ]

....and come out like he did in that first drive against Georgia and maintain that type of in-game zone all game long,...then Oklahoma will be rattled and unravel and lose to us.

I was going to say, I saw some of the film from the

Dec 18, 2014, 9:29 AM

first half of the UGA game and he looked like a different player.

He was going through his reads, making accurate throws, good pocket awareness, etc. I know he says it hasn't been mental but we've seen him play well so we know he's physically capable of it.

If I were him (or the coaches) I would be watching as much film of their Defense as I could find and practice going through reads.

And then pray the run games continues to work and the O-Line can pass protect for him better than they have all year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was going to say, I saw some of the film from the

Dec 18, 2014, 11:38 AM

I would even show him the first half film of the UGA game to show him he can play better than he has been playing. Tell him that players like Deshaun could win the starting job over most any QB in college FB. That he's not a bad QB, but Deshaun is better than most. Try and take away the thoughts that he has that he a bad QB, and that Deshaun would have most likely taken the job from Tajh also. Just tell him anything no matter what you have to tell him to get his confidence back. Even lie like h&ll if they have to. Tell him that Deshaun could have taken Mariota's starting job!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, UGA was trying to get used to that new system

Dec 18, 2014, 4:47 PM [ in reply to I was going to say, I saw some of the film from the ]

It's only logical that they'd come out and need some time to settle in as the bugs got worked out. They got a handle on things quickly, which is when they started going badly for us.

I haven't watched OU's defense, but I don't get the sense that if you can pick them apart in the short to mid range through the air, you are going to score lots of points.

I guess it's similar to UGA in that they're solid against the run, but not too hot against the pass.

Re: This isIf Stoudt Can Get Over His Demons ----

Dec 18, 2014, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: This isIf Stoudt Can Get Over His Demons ---- ]

Actually Cole played decent up until he lost the starting job to Deshaun. Cole wasn't playing all that bad, but taking him out after his first bad play at FSU and handing the job over to Deshaun destroyed any confidence he had. Even after Deshaun broke his finger in the Louisville game, Cole wasn't the same player he was before. The defense won the Louisville with the two TDs the defense made. If not for our exceptionally good play from our defense and Ammon Lakip's leg, we wouldn't be playing Oklahoma in a Bowl game. Cole has really struggled in every game since losing his job in the FSU game. And I hope that with absolutely no threat of any kind of Deshaun playing another down this season. I'm hoping and praying that Cole will put the team on his shoulders and just play to his abilities and don't turn the ball over with rookie mistakes. If he does, we have a chance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

meh, we beat the coots. Who cares?

Dec 18, 2014, 9:28 AM [ in reply to This is starting to feel like a lose-lose game to me. ]

Actually, it's more of a win-win. If we lose, nobody remembers it because it is nothing more than a post-season exhibition game. If we win, we get credit as one of only 4 teams to win 10 games in 4 consecutive years.

go tigers.

Dec 18, 2014, 9:35 AM [ in reply to This is starting to feel like a lose-lose game to me. ]

You guys are crazy...this is a very winnable game for us, no matter who is playing for them! We win in the trenches on D, no doubt. With the time given to prepare and rest players I think we have a good matchup on the OL. I give the slight edge to OU in the passing game, simply because DW4 won't be playing, but we have a much better secondary and LB play than OU. Our running game is picking up steam, and even though they have a great running game, I think our D counters that. Let's just hope the coaches prepare Stoudt well and devise a great game plan. I'm excited to see it all unfold and have a great feeling about this game. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2014, 11:41 AM

Yes it is a winnable for us as long as our QB don't complete more passes to their defense than to our offense!!!

Dec 18, 2014, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: This is starting to feel like a lose-lose game to me. ]

But just think.....Clemson would have been in the prestigious Orange Bowl instead of the lowly Russell Athletic bowl had they not gotten blown out by a far superior Georgia Tech team - that was a devastating loss for Clemson. Oklahoma is not even a ranked opponent and they're embarrassed to be in the Russell bowl.

Re: FB Update: Three OU play-makers should be ready vs Clemson

Dec 18, 2014, 10:46 AM

Norman paper per friends in Norman say those 3 should be available, but not anywhere near 100%. All 3 Sources are C of C grads from Charleston. GO TIGERS !!!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic