Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To all the people that want Brownell gone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

To all the people that want Brownell gone

Mar 11, 2013, 12:24 PM

It's not gonna happen. He has at least two more years.

If this were unc he'd be gone..... But if this were unc we'd have a bench full of hamburger America players. We don't have a bench full of top tier players and we never have. If you want a better team.... Help him get some better players to sign

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

help him recruit?

Mar 11, 2013, 12:25 PM

enlisting fans to recruit for him, interesting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: help him recruit?

Mar 11, 2013, 12:28 PM

Join Iptay!

Helping him by supporting him, going to the games and making

Mar 11, 2013, 12:54 PM [ in reply to help him recruit? ]

LittleJohn loud once again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I don't want him gone, but I don't think he gets 2 years

Mar 11, 2013, 12:30 PM

I think he needs to get it done next year, even though the roster sets up for a really good team in 2 years.

I really hope he makes it and is successful here because I really believe he can get it done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

agreed....next yr is so important for him and the schedule

Mar 11, 2013, 12:34 PM

might be harder with ND coming on board. We're at a point where we have to decide whether or not we really believe we can win. If you decide you believe you can win then we need to get him the resources to do it...$ for assistants...whatever. We've obviously gone all in with football and the results have followed. Basketball is obviously different because there is very little historical evidence to suggest sustained success.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Get it done"...

Mar 11, 2013, 12:39 PM [ in reply to I don't want him gone, but I don't think he gets 2 years ]

Just curious, what does that entail?

I think the NIT should be a MUST. The big tourney would be nice, but not absolutely mandatory.

If neither of those things occur, then it may be time for some fresh blood.

What's "get it done"? I don't think we'll have a tournament

Mar 11, 2013, 12:41 PM [ in reply to I don't want him gone, but I don't think he gets 2 years ]

team but I think we can finish in the top half of the ACC--even with Pitt, 'Cuse, etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good question from you and Will above...

Mar 11, 2013, 12:51 PM

There needs to be a showing of significant progress. Finish in the top half of the ACC, and at least get in contention for the NCAA tourney. There needs to be evidence that the team will definitely be a tourney team the following year.

I think it's one of those "we'll know it when we see it" deals, but if there are still questions after next year about whether or not BB will be successful at this level, then it's time to look elsewhere. IMO.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^ "nice rack" method.***

Mar 11, 2013, 12:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry your pics aren't loading, may want to tmail B-Meist***

Mar 11, 2013, 12:54 PM

null

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

this is what happens when we hold peters out...

Mar 11, 2013, 12:56 PM

my thingy got broked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go to games

Mar 11, 2013, 12:37 PM

It's too far for me to go....or I would

Exactly.

I think smart folks understand it's absurd to be calling for Brownell's head at this point.

Regardless of that, what the misinformed minority needs to understand is that, like you said, IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. That's all that need to be said about that.

Re: To all the people that want Brownell gone

Right now I think he deserves two more years but if next year is a complete bomb then we should make a move.

As a side note. Regardless of what happens with our Bball team next year and with Brownell we need to move forward with facility upgrades.

Right now we are VERY VERY far behind anyone and it will continue to be a road block for success for whoever is coaching at Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

He deserves 1 more year. 2 just proves he can win with a veteran roster

That's not hard. If he makes a NIT appearance next year ill say he deserves one more. But if it is as bad as it was this year we need to get a coach that can do better with the talent pool we will have most years.

I agree. Unless the bottom totally falls out

next year (10 or fewer wins) he has 2 years to get it done.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

A veteran roster is generally how you win

Mar 11, 2013, 12:40 PM

He had nothing when he got here. This takes time

He gets next year and then its wait and see....

Mar 11, 2013, 12:54 PM

If we finish next to last in the league again next season and he cannot get some good recruits....then he's probably gone.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic