Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To all the KB haters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

To all the KB haters

Apr 8, 2018, 2:37 PM

Please stay off here when we, with he as starting qb, win the Natty this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which posters hate KB2, you know, so they can be drawn...

Apr 8, 2018, 2:43 PM

hanged and then quartered when that happens?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which posters hate KB2, you know, so they can be drawn...

Apr 8, 2018, 3:03 PM

It is funny how all these ###### think they know more than the coaches. I was in Miami when we won the 1st championship and waited a long time to see the second. I feel confident that we will win it this year, and we have 4 quarterbacks who are capable. I don’t know who will lead us to the win but it will be one of them, but I am sure that KB has paid his dues and deserves first shot to lead. After that it is in the coaches hands, KB was not the reason we lost to Bama. Bama’s defense had an axe to grind and our offense play calling was way to predictable. Well, this year our defense has an axe to grind and I believe this offense is going to light up the scoreboard.

TU for beautiful cat in your icon!

Apr 8, 2018, 3:10 PM

N/M

Apr 8, 2018, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Which posters hate KB2, you know, so they can be drawn... ]

I’m not a full blown KB hater and believe we can win with any of the 4. However, I was there in New Orleans and while it wasn’t all his fault he shoulders a lot of the blame.

Sure the Bama defense had an axe to grind... and that they did on a one dimensional offense which that night Kelly put us in. His screen throws were slow, zone-reads were wrong, and deep ball nonexistent. I hope he improves but if he has another game like that one I hope it will be a short leash.

Saban dared us to throw long,He knew KB coyldn't***

Apr 8, 2018, 3:47 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2018, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Which posters hate KB2, you know, so they can be drawn... ]

Paying your dues, does not mean you’re the best option.
TL has done nothing yet but I’m more than sure he will be the difference compared to last year.
You see at Clemson now it’s NC or bust.
Can’t win it all every year but this year it’s almost a
Waste if we don’t.
Yeah KB will probably be the starter but with all the talent we have at WR .
You got to have a QB that can make all the throws.
TL can and KB can’t

Re: To all the KB haters

Apr 8, 2018, 3:22 PM

Didn't know there were any!!!!!!!!! KB is the man until proven otherwise!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2018, 3:35 PM

Dabo has not offered any advice re any of my decisions (maybe he should based on his success) and I thought I'd reciprocate and let him make his own decisions re our football program. Seems to be working pretty good on his part.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2018, 3:48 PM

You’re going to commit suicide when Trevor Lawrence takes his starting job aren’t you?

The coaches say TL is everything he's suppose to be.

Apr 8, 2018, 5:41 PM

He was as highly touted as DW. Those two statements are true therefor the math is simple. There's no way to keep him off the field and there's no way either of the others can really compete with him for the starting job.

I'm not hating on anyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2018, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: To all the KB haters ]

No I will pull for him ofcourse. KB can win it all tho. He got us to the playoffs last year. It was his first year starting do you not think he will improve?

Marginally

Apr 8, 2018, 9:07 PM

I don't think his issues are something he's capable of improving significantly in one season. He doesn't have great arm strength and downfield accuracy/ball placement isn't something that you just drastically improve in one offseason. His understanding of the game and ability to read defenses should marginally improve, but we're not talking about a guy that's freshman to sophomore. We're talking about a junior to senior guy who has had the benefit of being in the same system with the same coaching staff for over 3 years. I feel like people are expecting far more improvement than they are going to see.

Re: Marginally

Apr 8, 2018, 9:46 PM

He does not have to improve drastically for us to win it all. There is also a big difference in learning from the bench his first 2 years from now having a year of film and actually playing time to learn from. He should improve a good bit. If TL or HJ are better and earn the starting spot I will back them ofcourse. It is just people saying there is no way we can win it all with KB that gets me.

Re: Marginally

Apr 9, 2018, 12:31 AM

He really does need to improve drastically for us to win it all. We're not beating Alabama without drastic improvement in his downfield passing ability. In all 3 matchups we haven't been able to consistently run on them. Its going to take downfield passing and Bryant requires major improvement in that area. A year as the starter isn't going to make his arm stronger. It isn't going to make major changes in his accuracy. These aren't things that require live snaps to improve. Arm talent is an inherent trait and accuracy is heavily based on footwork/technique, which are taught through practice, something Bryant has had plenty of. Sure the timing, understanding of the playbook, reading of defenses, etc... are all things that can get better, but Bryant has a ceiling that I personally believe is not high enough to win a national championship.

I've seen ZERO Tnetters hating on KB.

Apr 8, 2018, 5:37 PM

Thinking he's not our best option at the position involves no hate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've seen ZERO Tnetters hating on KB.

Apr 8, 2018, 9:48 PM

Saying a QB has zero chance of winning it all when he went 12-1 in games he started and finished with the L being in the playoffs to the eventual champ is hating in my book.

I like Bryant. I think if he is similar to who he was last

Apr 9, 2018, 6:11 AM

year than we won't win a national title. That said, he may be way better this year.

Re: I like Bryant. I think if he is similar to who he was last

Apr 9, 2018, 12:00 PM

Getting the job done to win the game and playing lights out to score no mnatter what the score is, is two different things. With DW4 here, we won games and the sub quarterbacks just played, not the coaches calling plays to bury teams. Hand off, hand off, bubble , etc, but nor running the full package for these guys to get better.

Quaterbacks need work throwing downfield to be evaluated and our coaches just try to hold onto the lead for the most part. if we still win big, we still win. I believe it is good to all players in a game, but stick to the game plan. Let the other teams stop you, don't stop yourselves.

I don't think any coach would try and lose a game...well maybe some. (Bowden at GT down by six comes to mind when we kick a field goal) You play the best guy at this level and let the chips fall where they fall. That being said, I believe KB is playing in the wrong position at his level. Receiver or DB if he can hit in my opinion. Awesome athlete, but just not there for the way this team is built with receivers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate?? Drama much???***

Apr 8, 2018, 5:48 PM

Re: Hate?? Drama much???***

Apr 8, 2018, 9:21 PM

Dont hate the man just know hes not a legit college QB...Did you not watch the Bama game? He couldnt hit water if he was standing in a boat. Yes he may be able to dink and dunk these pathetic ACC teams we play week in and week out but when it comes to the college playoffs and we are playing legit defenses we will need an ACTUAL College arm in at QB and that sir is only gonna be Trevor Lawrence. Just bc you want someone else as the starter doesnt mean you hate the other person.

When Trevor takes us to multiple titles ill be here to say "I told you so" Trevor was born on a different planet hes a once in a generation QB and it will be a shame if hes on the bench come College Station.

Apr 8, 2018, 9:52 PM

He lead us to a 12-1 record in games that he was healthy. How is that not legit lmao. Ofcourse TL has better arm talent but that doesn't mean he will be better as a freshman than KB is as a senior. It is perfectly fine with me if you want TL to start but we can still win it all with KB imo. Whoever starts should have your support tho. You shouldn't be waiting for him to make one mistake so you can call for the back up to come in. It is just sad to see.

Apr 8, 2018, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Hate?? Drama much???*** ]

I hope TL takes us to many titles and if it starts this year that would be perfectly fine with me. If he can beat out a senior QB who has a 12-2 record than he will have proven to the coaches he is special. I believe he will be special but talent alone does not mean he is better than KB right now for our O.

QB IQ level around here is about 50

Apr 8, 2018, 9:57 PM

KB will never beat Bama Next year. Have you seen Bama's new QB?

Our defense carried the team through the ACC last year and the ACC isn't all that.

Re: QB IQ level around here is about 50

Apr 8, 2018, 10:00 PM

Lmao

Apr 9, 2018, 1:31 PM

I don't think anyone is a KB hater. They just feel he is better suited for a different position or he is not as good as another player potentially from what they have seen at a position or the upside of the about equal players is so much greater. Not a KB hater!

Apr 9, 2018, 2:15 PM

You do realize he has been at one of the top programs in the nation for years now and the coaches there have not only not changed his position but picked him to be the started at qb. What do they know tho?

Apr 9, 2018, 2:38 PM

Winning is the name of the game. Get a lead and hold on. I am not a Spurrier fan, but he took no prisoners. He scored and scored as many points as he could. We play guys, but we change and play not to lose playing the subs instead of the killer instinct. Both win, just different.
However, you get in a shootout and because of that, we have a harder time than it rteally has to be with our talent.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic