Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo's taking some heat from the media on post game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Dabo's taking some heat from the media on post game

Jan 10, 2017, 8:28 PM

comments. Herbstreit was particularly harsh in his comments about this. He said Dabo was being immature and needed to grow up. In general they didn't like that he was calling out people in the media (ie. Cowherd, Galloway, etc.) after a win. They felt he was being "petty" and that it was a "classless" thing to do. They thought he should have taken the high road like other Championship having coaches have done.

I wasn't a fan of it either, but I'd give Dabo a pass. He's an emotional guy. If you quote him after such a pinnacle moment in his career you're likely to get anything. Now that's he's on the top of the mountain, such bravado should be tempered.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To H3LL with them***

Jan 10, 2017, 8:30 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Folks in the media dish it out, but can't take it !***

Jan 10, 2017, 8:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll let Dabo say whatever he wants

Jan 10, 2017, 8:34 PM

He sure as heck earned it.
Someone called his team a fraud. He called the guy out for the yapper he is.

I sure hope Dabo doesn't let the media push him around any more than he let anyone push his team around. To he'll with the media.

I am sure Dabo will cool out in his own time and in his own way whenever he darn well feels like it.

Re: Dabo's taking some heat from the media on post game

Jan 10, 2017, 8:36 PM

Door of criticism swings both ways and media need to realize there are repercussions for poking a tiger with a weak stick..

Jan 10, 2017, 8:37 PM

national champions - again, do you actually read your posts before posting?? tia

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

If you throw that CRAP at Dabo, expect a HARD COLD >>>

Jan 10, 2017, 8:39 PM

That's the Southern Way! Bless the little Hearts of those that do not UNDERSTAND that Concept!!! I have lots of Respect for Herbie, but you question a man's integrity you gonna get a Response you might not alway like!!!! That is JMO.

He answered that like a bull in a china shop***

Jan 10, 2017, 8:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is protective of his players, university and fan.

Jan 10, 2017, 8:44 PM

I didn't take that so much as Dabo reacting to a personal insult but saw it as a man, a helll of a man defending his loved ones. I never took to letting people say nasty about my family either.

Herbie and those other media putzes have no idea how dear Dabo, the players, university and fans are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% correct. Amen***

Jan 10, 2017, 8:54 PM

Funny how the media thinks they can call you and your team

Jan 10, 2017, 8:46 PM

a fraud, but when you call them a fraud it's not fair. The media is as hypocritical as politicians and hollywood stars.

'Bout time somebody puts them in their place.

They think people like Dabo have a job because of them, when it's the other way around.

Re: Funny how the media thinks they can call you and your team

Jan 10, 2017, 9:26 PM

While the media talks, Dabo works and wins and the players grind. Let them talk on, but when our coach or players talk back, I support them because they have every right to defend something so precious to them that they have worked so hard for. Cal turd is just that, a guy that makes a living talking and doing nothing

I'm torn.. didn't love it, but who else gets crap like "c lemsoning?"***

Jan 10, 2017, 8:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

That's just it; while I think most in the media recognize

Jan 10, 2017, 9:17 PM

that Clemson has an excellent football program, on some level many still can't accept just how good Clemson really is. I don't believe in any conspiracy, as Clemson has been highly ranked all year, but there are a lot of knuckleheads, particularly from SEC and Big 10 country who cling to the belief that their brand of football is and always will be superior. Many who hold those beliefs are in the media and help feed this perception, subtle as it sometimes may be. The result is basically a lack of respect for Clemson relative to other schools who we have proven to be equal or better than. Dabo is simply sick of that, and given what he has put into it, his responses along those lines are understandable and totally justified.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 10, 2017, 8:47 PM

Personally I'm sick of the media having no accountability and that goes beyond sports. I'm glad he called them out.

I love it! No one ever calls the media out or holds them accountable

Jan 10, 2017, 9:01 PM

For anything they say. It's about time someone took them to task

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Jan 10, 2017, 9:19 PM

Turnaround is fair play.

Re: Exactly. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Jan 10, 2017, 9:31 PM

Honestly, I don't think dabo cares bout the "media talking but the coaches can't".. the media has always said stuff but dabo never called anyone out personally.. but this time, he did.. and I think rightfully so.. I don't think dabo took that as "your team just isn't that good".. dabo took it personal.. dabo has built a family.. and someone called his family a fraud.. to the world watching.. he wasn't wrong.. he defended his family and said the guy that said it is, in reality, the fraud.. cause his claims were PROVEN in the most definitive way possible... to be WRONG!!!!..

Jan 10, 2017, 9:04 PM

So it's ok for the media clowns to say what they want but when someone not only comes back with s comment but one that proves them wrong they're acting like s child. Shut your pie hole Kirt Herdbee.

Jan 10, 2017, 9:16 PM

Dabo has had too fight all of his life and curbstreet is no problem.
He is butt hurt over us beating his mater.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2017, 9:20 PM

So in your world media guys can say anything but coaches can't? And you don't see the flaw in your stance??Some media geek called Dabo's team a fraud and he responded to it. If he's not man enough to defend his program he's in the wrong position. Get a clue man.

Link?

Jan 10, 2017, 9:23 PM

I find none

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: Link?

Jan 10, 2017, 9:28 PM

Dabo = Trump (media attacks, attacks back, media don't like it)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nahh Dabo earned the right...

Jan 10, 2017, 9:28 PM

Being called a "fraud" to a bridge too far in the normal verbal jocularity of sports punditry....really?? a fraud??

Words mean things and this characterization by Cowherd deserved to be called out. Cowherd ate his crow like a big boy this morning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2017, 9:41 PM

If he never called out the jerkoff about the C word, (which they also cried about for 6 weeks), they'd still be using it on a weekly basis.

If anyone should feel petty, it should be Fowler and Herbstreit saying Deshaun was rattled the whole ####### game. Dabo, like all of us, think these jerks should be held accountable. Cowherd apologized today, as he should have months ago when he made that fraud comment. I loved how Steve Smith put him in his place about it on The Herd! And Galloway has been a jerk all year long, he still wouldn't give a credit today! Up until this morning, Booger was still refusing to call us an elite program because we didn't have "hardware" but called Ohio State and Florida State elite because they do. At least Pollock kept it real. Kevin Carter kept it real. All these other people went from voting to Lamar to today, on Mike & Mike, saying that the Heisman would unequivocally be Deshaun Watson if the voting happened after bowl season. Les Miles said Deshaun should have won it today also. Dabo has every right to be upset and if you aren't, then you don't watch enough ESPN or any of the others. Skip Bayless went from saying the game was over and Deshaun was awful on Twitter in the 2nd quarter to tweeting in the 4th that he was the most clutch quarterback in college football. In week one, Booger said our offensive line was soft and couldn't handle auburn, today he was praising us. Rivalry week, Booger said Bentley would outplay Deshaun, today he said he's the reason we won. I hate all of them and if you don't, you aren't listening!

Cowherd called his kids frauds. 18-22 year old good kids.

Jan 10, 2017, 9:43 PM

Good on Dabo for always having their backs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

preach!!!!

Jan 11, 2017, 7:26 AM

I'm 100% with Dabo.

Don't call my family and loved ones names and think I won't rub your nose in it when I get the chance.

Dabo is human and loves that team.

Like he said, Cowherd is the fraud.

I will give him a pass on this one.

Jan 10, 2017, 9:44 PM

Not ideal but he's a rockstar and has earned a pretty long runway with me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

people are tired of PC ########. Rip 'em Dabo!***

Jan 10, 2017, 9:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is the Trump of college coaching

Jan 10, 2017, 9:48 PM

Not interested in being politically correct in any sense. Sorry, talking heads, take your opinion and put where sun don't shine.

Anyway, H'street said some odd things during his commentary during game that struck me as biased for Bama. He kind of changed hues for some reason.

Thank you Dabo. Tired of the media/press/ Hollywood

Jan 10, 2017, 9:55 PM

telling people what they can and can't say. If you can't take it then keep your comments to yourself and they will not come back to bite you. Clemson proved who the fraud was.

The thing I like about Dabo most is

Jan 10, 2017, 10:01 PM

He doesn't give a #### what Herbie thinks...especially when it comes to defending his team. His players eat that #### up with a spoon. Notice Hunter Renfrow's chuckle at the end of the clip. Dabo elicits a level of loyalty from his guys that is unparalleled. Putting Cowherd in his place helps build that loyalty.

Nobody gives a cr@p what they think

Jan 10, 2017, 10:02 PM

I know I certainly do not.

This title is for us, the Clemson family. What people say to get ratings is irrelevant.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo will defend his players........

Jan 11, 2017, 7:32 AM

Faux Sports One is a fraud. I have no problem with the response. Facts is facts as they say. But we all know these media idiots don't let facts get in the way of a good argument.

Jan 11, 2017, 7:34 AM

Hey Herbie......31-0.

Of course I'm biased, but I'm on Dabo's side.

Jan 11, 2017, 7:42 AM

This 'high road' concept applies to all of us. Media shock jocks included Herbie.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They had no problem making a story out of Jonathan Allen's

Jan 11, 2017, 7:46 AM

"we're getting disrespected". If you're gonna take sides and make picks, then you get to take your lumps. Frack'em.

the media needs to quit bitchin because

Jan 11, 2017, 7:49 AM

the narrative they were pushing was wrong!

Jan 11, 2017, 8:00 AM

Is this the same media that voted Lamar Jackson for Heisman? They need to be called out. They need to be taken out behind the wood shed. Christian Wilkins needs to fist deep on some of those morons.

Jan 11, 2017, 8:38 AM

I think Dabo can say whatever he wants. He and his program were unjustly criticized and he should be able to speak his mind. If they have a problem with that then too bad. That is their choice. In the future, I hope Dabo picks and chooses who can interview him. That is certainly his choice.

Re: Uh, no. Dabo was defending his players. Nothing wrong

Jan 11, 2017, 8:43 AM

with that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Uh, no. Dabo was defending his players. Nothing wrong

Jan 11, 2017, 8:52 AM

I'm 100% behind Dabo for calling them out. If you guys don't realize how biased the media has been against Clemson and their accomplishments, then you aren't paying attention. One of my VT friends texted me and said you guys need to win this because it is ridiculous how little credit Clemson gets for their accomplishments. Fans of other schools see the bias as well and it gets old. How many elite programs did we have to slay to end the term "Clemsoning"? The media is simply sore because they were proven wrong and Dabo called them out for it.

I was dissapointed in Dabo, because...

Jan 11, 2017, 8:55 AM

the victory spoke for itself. He shouldn't have said anything at all. It didn't look good and wan't needed.

Thought it was fair criticism...

Jan 11, 2017, 8:55 AM

we (and Dabo) take this stuff too personally. As I said in another post Herbstreit has carried the water for Clemson since the Tommy Bowden days...he gets a pass from me.

Jan 11, 2017, 9:06 AM

Therein, again, lies the double-standard. Imagine Cowherd made similar comments regarding Alabama. First, do you think Saban would've let it go without comment? Doubtful. And second, when Saban tore Cowherd a new 4th point of contact, do you have any doubt the talking heads on ESPN would've said that Saban was "classless" or should've taken the proverbial high-road.

I didn't hear what Herbie said, so I'm taking your comment as a good paraphrase - if it's true, it's disappointing. Cowherd's comments were classless and ill-informed, and if anyone should know that, it's Herbstreit. In fact, Cowherd's comments were more an indictment of Herbstreit than Clemson, since the fraud would be in the praise given to Clemson thru commentators such as Herbie.

Cowherd fully deserved a response. Perhaps not in the post-game comments, because it elevated the idiocy of his opinion to a platform it didn't merit. But it required a response, and Dabo gave him what he deserved.

The media need to grow a thicker skin. They're doing poorly at their job lately (in general), and they need to heed the criticism they're receiving if they want to regain respect. Part of that might be making themselves less a part of the story. Perhaps it's fair to criticize Dabo for participating in that. But I won't.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic