Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since the season is over its time for rule changes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,035

Since the season is over its time for rule changes

Jan 21, 2020, 4:43 PM

and the first should be to rid college football of challenges and replays. It stops the flow of the game and most of the time the replay official cannot overturn a bad call because they don't have irrefutable evidence.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since the season is over its time for rule changes

Jan 21, 2020, 4:47 PM

it is also a big issue in hoops. Jay Billious was bloviating on and on about it last night in the game he did. (Spelled that way for a reason)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While you're compiling a list...

Jan 21, 2020, 4:50 PM

Speaking of stopping the flow of a game-I've got a recommendation:

Limit commercial breaks during games. 3.5 to 4 hours is a long time for a football game!

Whether you are sitting in the stands or watching from home, football games are a serious time commitment lately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ain't gonna happen.

Jan 21, 2020, 4:52 PM

You can't throw a flag on the almighty dollar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Don't sell Waterboy short.

Jan 21, 2020, 4:55 PM

He sounds like he can get stuff done!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Timeouts in football were always 2 minutes. When a team

Jan 21, 2020, 5:25 PM [ in reply to While you're compiling a list... ]

calls timeout, the commercial break should not last more than two minutes.

What they need is to do the same thing as basketball did on a non team-called timeout. Commercial break on the first stoppage of play after the 10 and 5 minute marks of each quarter. Injury timeouts should not last longer than it takes to get the injured player off the field. In the past, when play was about to resume during a commercial break, they simply cut the commercial short and got back to the action.

Unfortunately, it's no longer about football... football is nothing more than a platform for advertising dollars. And since it's all about the almighty dollar, it's only going to get worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,035
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic