Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Time to promote LeCroy from within?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Time to promote LeCroy from within?

Jun 2, 2013, 8:24 PM

Discuss.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Time to promote LeCroy from within?

Jun 2, 2013, 8:35 PM

Assuming there is an opening which there isnt I'd say - No. Too young too inexperienced HC wise. CU should be going for an established HC and not necessarily from the JL coaching tree.

I dont know what we are missing but our finish shows there is something missing. I'd take a new approach. Bring in someone with a fresh approach if there was a need for a new HC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2013, 8:57 PM

Agreed. Lecroy is not the answer. Great recruiter but no HC experience. Pepicelli was HC for 7 years. I think if we had a hitting coach that could teach the kids how to attack the ball and be aggressive we could be a very good team. Hitting has hurt us for a number of years now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

absolutely

Jun 2, 2013, 10:23 PM

pitching is not the problem. our hitters go up there and swing at the first pitch. They need to make the pitcher work. if you can get the pitcher in the 30+ pitches by the 3rd inning you got a chance to attack him and get some runs before they pull him. wouldn't you kill to have a player like Colvin or D'Allesio on our team? speaking of that I've said it once and i'll say it again, 2006 was Jacks year to win it and we choked like always

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't LeCroy out batting coach? Wasn't our hitting bad?

Jun 2, 2013, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Time to promote LeCroy from within? ]

Wasn't that our big problem this season?

There was a post earlier showing how middle of the pack our hitting was in the ACC this season. Can you blame the HC for that or is it more appropriate to blame the batting coach?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The position isn't currently open... but I

Jun 2, 2013, 9:02 PM

would say look outside the program where it currently is and hire someone with more head coaching expierence.

Re: The position isn't currently open... but I

Jun 2, 2013, 9:08 PM

Pretty sure Jack is not going anywhere.

Re: The position isn't currently open... but I

Jun 2, 2013, 10:24 PM

might pull a Bobby Bowden and just let him sit in the dugout and be a figure head

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wrong sport, college baseball isn't college football***

Jun 2, 2013, 11:13 PM

Jun 2, 2013, 9:20 PM

Jack's not going anywhere, and neither is this baseball program.

I think if LeCroy had been recruiter when Wingo and Weemer

Jun 2, 2013, 11:31 PM

wanted to come here, he would have gotten them! Jack really screwed up local recruiting for many years. However, I would like to see Jack gracefully retire and then help young protégé like Corbin become his successor! At least, get his #### off third base and take it easier on himself and the players in the dugout! Emphasis of having fun playing with a better hitting coach who can teach bunting!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2013, 10:16 PM

About 10 days ago most on here were wanting to name Bradley "head coach in waiting" when his name was briefly mentioned with the UGA job. My how a few losses can change things, which is why head coach in waiting designations rarely work out well for the school. Alos, I don't agree that Bradley is a great recruiter. He is a good recruiter but not great.

Jun 2, 2013, 11:57 PM

mentioned for Georgia? I don't remember seeing that at all. He is about as ready for that as for the Clemson job (if it were to come open)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pat Casey***

Jun 2, 2013, 11:36 PM

Jun 3, 2013, 8:13 AM

No promoting from within. We seem to do that too much in athletics as is. Time for new blood. LeCroy might have a pipe up his butt like Jack seems to in may/june

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2013, 8:16 AM

yep it sure didnt work out in football huh.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic