Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Time to make a push for rag control
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Time to make a push for rag control

Mar 29, 2018, 9:09 AM

something something ruining tigernet

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guns are literally destroying the lives of our future

Mar 29, 2018, 9:12 AM

If we got rid of guns, none of these crimes would happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Guns are literally destroying the lives of our future

Mar 29, 2018, 9:57 AM

I'm sure the gun was the motivating factor in this crime. If they couldn't get their hands on guns, they would have used knives, bats, etc. Stop blaming a crime on the weapon, and correctly focus your attention on the people wielding the weapons.

null

Guns are killing our kids!***

Mar 29, 2018, 10:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cellphones are killing more kids

Mar 29, 2018, 10:45 AM

so are cars. So is electricity. Time to return to the dark ages.

You seem to have gotten a head start on your return

Mar 29, 2018, 10:50 AM

to the Dark Ages by chunking your meter.

Re: You seem to have gotten a head start on your return

Mar 29, 2018, 2:24 PM

You've got to savor your time with these poasters. Really shine them and give us all a good laugh...

Re: Cellphones are killing more kids

Mar 29, 2018, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Cellphones are killing more kids ]

Gun kill during a crime.
Cars kill during an accident.
I hope you see the difference.

Devils advocate...

Mar 29, 2018, 2:58 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/cw33.com/2017/10/31/multiple-people-hit-by-home-depot-truck-in-new-york/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesofisrael.com/3-dead-as-truck-plows-into-troops-in-jerusalem/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/5005604/new-york-car-truck-attacks-isis

Hey, Einstein...

Mar 29, 2018, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Cellphones are killing more kids ]

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/03/world/terrorist-attacks-by-vehicle-fast-facts/index.html

wrong

Mar 29, 2018, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Guns are killing our kids!*** ]

but let the media to continue to influence your thoughts.

64,000 people died last year from Drug Overdose. 33,000 from gun deaths. Of those gun deaths 2/3 came by suicide.

Do research before blaming a gun....also I don't own a firearm, not a member of the NRA, and will probably never own a gun. Just stating facts. I just get sick of people blaming an object for death and excuse the behavior of a person doing the act. If you ban guns, people will still kill and rob places with other objects. Also people (bad people) will still get guns illegally.

Why would I allow the government to take away the rights to guns for responsible individuals when they themselves dropped the ball in Florida with that Cruz kid, or the police shooting an unarmed man in California?

Get your facts straight before you start "shooting" off about banning guns.

Re: wrong

Mar 29, 2018, 1:39 PM

Drugs kill people who use them. Guns kill people that may have never touched one. Both are bad. Guns you hunt with are okay but hand guns and automatics should only be owned by law enforcement or military.

Mar 29, 2018, 1:50 PM

No evidence states that banning guns would fix anything

once again wrong

Mar 29, 2018, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: wrong ]

He said guns are killing our kids.

that's flat out wrong...see the statistics again.

you want to talk about use of guns. Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the U.S. but have the highest homicide rate of any other state. So you are naïve enough to believe that taking away handguns and automatics (which btw are already illegal to own) is going to drastically curb deaths by guns? hahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

2nd amendment was put in place so that we wouldn't have to worry about the government to be the only ones with guns that result in tyranny. Come on bro please use solid facts and stop with this blah blah blah about only the government having guns.

I would be nervous as hell if only the military or government was allowed to have guns and you should too. We already see instances with cops killing unarmed men. We already see instances where the government had opportunities to curb mass killings with tips (see: Cruz in Florida and Roof in Charleston) and you want them to be the ones dictating who can possess guns.

Also as I mentioned above you mention automatic weapons...I shouldn't even have responded to you because of such absurdity. You don't even know gun laws currently and are trying to debate on a thread about banning guns.

Do better

Re: once again wrong

Mar 29, 2018, 4:34 PM

First let me say that I'm not anti-gun, and in fact I'd say very few people are for banning all guns, and I actually own a gun of my own. However, I find myself annoyed at how defensive many get at even the idea of any regulations at all.

The example you give about Chicago is one of the excuses used against anything that is often brought up. What people always ignore however, is what good does it do for any city or state to have strict gun laws if the next city/state over doesn't have the same laws?

People also use the excuse that gun laws in general won't stop people from committing crimes with guns which is 100% true. However, why should we not try simply because it won't 100% end gun violence?

People still rape and commit murder even though those things are against the law. People still speed even though we have speed limits. So should we just eliminate those laws since they don't stop some people from breaking the law? Or do we all agree that having laws against those things does at least lesson the number of people committing those offenses? Imagine how many more drunk drivers we'd have if it wasn't against the law, or how many more murders, rapes, or crimes in general would occur if we just did away with the laws.

Again, I'm a gun owner myself, but those things annoy me, and people who seem to get excited each and every time a murder occurs that doesn’t involve a gun also annoys me. What I mean is you could have a person kill a few people with a knife, and you can bet your life there'll be people committing on the story sarcastically over how they can't believe someone was murdered without a gun.

I don't have any answers for making anything better myself, but I just don't think plugging our ears and thinking in terms of it has to either be ban all guns, or do nothing at all because bad stuff will still happen is any sort of answer either.

i understand what you're saying

Mar 29, 2018, 5:24 PM

but stricter gun laws are not going to deter a criminal and his intent. Vast majority of my family are gun owners and even if there is a stricter gun policy they would all have guns. My problem is that if you give the government an inch they will take it a mile. The poster above wants to ban handguns. Why? What is the banning of a handgun going to accomplish in the grand scheme of things?

Want to ban an AR-15? Vast majority do not even know that while this gun looks militarish it is just basically a glorified looking rifle. Want to put a limit on a magazine clip? Some states already have this. What people are pushing is in retaliation to the media. People need to read and study the law and come up with their own ideas.

People get hung up on terminology and don't do the research about guns. They get caught up about how a gun looks. They don't even know current gun laws and call for a change. The criminals that want a gun get a gun. Most the time they get it illegally. Roof and Cruz got them legally but our government and the local police stations were warned and did nothing to protect its citizens. If you want something changed then start with the government who let us down, and now you want to allow responsible gun owners to hand their guns over to them? hell no

Mar 30, 2018, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: wrong ]

It’s those dang pesky bullets! It’s not those gun’s fault! Those bullets got a mind of their own!

Mar 29, 2018, 11:41 PM [ in reply to wrong ]

I don't think anyone , pro or anti ... are excusing the actions of the person(s) committing these acts . Not anyone with a sliver of human decency and/or empathy .
Agree with what you said around that though .

Uh , and go tigers !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 29, 2018, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Guns are literally destroying the lives of our future ]

They could have used a football but one was somewhat prone to fumbling it. If he hadnt done that he would likely still be on the team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You cannot possibly be that naive!

Mar 29, 2018, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Guns are literally destroying the lives of our future ]

I hope.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2018, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Guns are literally destroying the lives of our future ]

That’s just wrong! It’s bullets! Bullets I tell ya. Got to get rid of those bullets!

No more prayers for you...

Mar 29, 2018, 9:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TP limit reached***

Mar 29, 2018, 9:13 AM

More like I'm praying this was a joke***

Mar 29, 2018, 9:27 AM [ in reply to No more prayers for you... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

You seem like a sharp guy. I have a deal for you

Mar 29, 2018, 9:41 AM

It’s a great property. Beautiful ocean front views, great neighbors, large acreage, all in the great state of Oklahoma. Act now for this one time offer of $37,000/acre. And if you call in the next 30 minutes I’ll double the acreage for free*!

*minimum purchase of 1000 acres

Re: You seem like a sharp guy. I have a deal for you

Mar 29, 2018, 9:45 AM

I'm sorry, though I am a pretty sharp guy, I already own 8 acres of water front on Lake Bowen. I'm good thanks. But I'll be sure to send that package deal to another one of your family members. I'm sure one of your WV relatives will be glad to purchase that from you. I mean let's face it, you were dumb enough to make the original purchase if you are selling it now. HAPPY THURSDAY

sig-1

Maybe he won it in a poker game or as a parting gift...

Mar 29, 2018, 9:49 AM

on some game show?

It could have been regifted, like New Messico and he's hoping to flip it for top dollar?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or he could have just found it in his pocket one day

Mar 29, 2018, 11:03 AM

since it doesn't exist.

Another possibility, they're endless, if only you've...

Mar 29, 2018, 11:06 AM

the where-with-all to make it so.

Or maybe I bought it as premium cattle land

Mar 29, 2018, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Maybe he won it in a poker game or as a parting gift... ]

And refurbished it as beach property for resale to people who aren’t good with Sarcasm. Such as mr 2nd base thief

My original reply was sarcastic.

Mar 29, 2018, 11:30 AM

That's why I continued to respond. Do you literally think I would be praying for that. Maybe my tone of voice wasn't right when I typed it. Oh well who gives a crap.

sig-1

Sorry. I just assume

Mar 29, 2018, 12:11 PM

Everyone on the mange has no sense of sarcasm or any idea what it is for that matter.

Nobody bangs my cousin

Mar 29, 2018, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: You seem like a sharp guy. I have a deal for you ]

But me ash hole.

Wade a goshdarned minute! You're trying to pull something!

Mar 29, 2018, 9:53 AM [ in reply to You seem like a sharp guy. I have a deal for you ]

I've done some appraisal work in the great state of Okrahomer, and that's WAY too much for large acreage tracts.

JGT c'mon man you're not gonna cut me in on that

Mar 29, 2018, 12:18 PM [ in reply to You seem like a sharp guy. I have a deal for you ]

action man? I thought we were tight!! I been wanting me some land in Oklahoma ever since I saw the play off Broadway at Community Theatre !! Plus there is the "ocean view?" I mean suhweet!!! ????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems a waste of a good prayer, but maybe that's just me?***

Mar 29, 2018, 9:50 AM [ in reply to More like I'm praying this was a joke*** ]

Re: More like I'm praying this was a joke***

Mar 29, 2018, 10:15 AM [ in reply to More like I'm praying this was a joke*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

haha, that's nice...***

Mar 29, 2018, 11:07 AM

Maybe the "victim" needed a gun handy.*****

Mar 29, 2018, 9:46 AM

Re: Time to make a push for gun control

Mar 29, 2018, 9:48 AM

I’m all for expressing your opinions but your opinion is just wrong

Mar 29, 2018, 9:57 AM

It's not an opinion is it?

You totally forgot...

Mar 29, 2018, 9:51 AM

the NRA, they have blood on their hands.

Mar 29, 2018, 9:56 AM

Gun Control is being able to Hit One's Target !

My sarcasm meter is broken.

Mar 29, 2018, 10:17 AM

So your poast offends me

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2018, 10:53 AM

If we “do called eliminate guns” then only criminals will have them. It is the behavior of people who do not respect other people or the law that use guns for illegal purposes. I have owned guns all my life and NEVER committed any type of crime with them.
With that said, what does that say about owing guns?

Mar 29, 2018, 1:41 PM

If there was a way to get all hand guns and automatics off the streets it would be good imo but it is impossible. Like u say criminals own guns. You can get guns weather they are legal or not.

Funny

Mar 29, 2018, 11:04 AM

and not.

Mar 29, 2018, 11:08 AM

I really hope this is a joke... lol

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2018, 11:08 AM

I really hope this is a joke... lol

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2018, 1:43 PM

For the life of me I don't understand why so many believe that banning firearms would prevent the mass killings from happening. There is not a shred of objective evidence evidence that such would be the case. On the other hand a lot of evidence to the contrary.

As for the most recent shooting in Florida there were processes in place that identified the shooter as a dangerous individual. Many people in positions of authority knew this. But those processes failed right down the line and it appears no one involved is culpable. So blame the gun right?

Mar 29, 2018, 3:55 PM

If they were not thugs they would be home eating pancakes. Thugs being thugs.

Junge snowflake!!!***

Mar 29, 2018, 5:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree

Mar 29, 2018, 5:37 PM

freakin fuktards

its why we can't have nice things

Message was edited by: theclash®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic