Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Time to abandon HIPAA for a while?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,857

Time to abandon HIPAA for a while?

Mar 22, 2020, 11:51 PM

And publish the name of every person who has tested positive and use their cell phone records to determine where they’ve been and who they’ve been around ( it can be done).

And then Quarantine everyone who has been around them or where they were for 2 weeks.

Alternatively lock us all down 100% for 2 weeks. I’d gladly stay in my house for 2 solid weeks if I could be free after that.

People are not going to stay locked down indefinitely.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big Brother

Mar 23, 2020, 12:04 AM

is watching

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Do you really want this?

Mar 23, 2020, 2:20 AM

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/19/818327945/israel-begins-tracking-and-texting-those-possibly-exposed-to-the-coronavirus

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Can't allow that

Mar 23, 2020, 4:24 AM

Or they'll start bringing in people for questioning if they were within a mile of a violent crime when it happened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Time to abandon HIPAA for a while?

Mar 23, 2020, 4:40 AM

Going to take longer than 2 weeks.

No thank you.***

Mar 23, 2020, 5:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Time to abandon HIPAA for a while?

Mar 23, 2020, 8:20 AM

I worked in hospitals all over the southeast for 30+ years, and believe me when I say this - there are plenty of hospital employees that disregard HIPAA policies and disperse personal info to whomever they please. Yes, you can get fired for doing that, and the hospital can get fined huge amounts because YOU did that, but it happens everywhere I worked.

When HIV was a huge issue, I had to run private reports for Medical Records managers listing every patient, and it also listed babies that were addicted to drugs. I'm not certain who all had access to that info, but it was available. I was a director, and I could not even allow my staff to run those reports, so I was the only one in IT that was aware of those reports. To this day I'm not certain if I should have allowed those reports to be run.

Your second option is far more likely

Mar 23, 2020, 9:39 AM

I've been stocked up for a two-week sequestering for a couple of weeks now. I kinda hope they just DO it so we can get it over with, assuming that solves the issue. I really hope it would.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, it's always a great idea to give up your rights

Mar 23, 2020, 9:46 AM

Wait, no...that is a horrible idea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Yes, it's always a great idea to give up your rights

Mar 23, 2020, 9:51 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRELLH86Edo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,857
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic