Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Predicted Box Score for UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Predicted Box Score for UGA

Jul 12, 2013, 1:52 PM

Here's my detailed box score prediction for the Georgia game. Won't go into individual players too much, because it's Friday and I'm feeling lazy. No judging.

Comment if you agree or disagree with anything, or want to add individual numbers!

Clemson 38, UGA 24

UGA
Total yards: 390
Passing: 19-32, 230 yds, 7.2 ypa, 2 TDs - 1 INT
Rushing: 160 yds, 1 TD, 35 carries, 4.6 ypa, 1 fumble
Turnovers: 2, 1 INT, 1 lost fumble
Defense: Sacks: 2, TFL: 3

Clemson
Total yards: 550
Passing: 30-42, 350 yds, 8.3 ypa, 3 TDs - 0 INT
Rushing: 200 yds, 2 TDs, 35 carries, 5.7 ypa, 2 fumbles
Turnovers: 1, 1 lost fumble
Defense: Sacks: 5, TFL: 5

TOP: Clemson-40:00, UGA-20:00
1st downs: Clemson 25, UGA 15
3rd downs: Clemson 12-18, UGA 5-12
4th downs: Clemson 1-1, UGA 0-1

Gurshall will get at least 80 yards, but he'll struggle for them. Murray will have a decent game. The defense has success against Hot Rod and Howard in the first half, but starts to crack in the second.

Tajh will start his Heisman campaign off right with a big game against UGA. He'll add at least 60 yards on the ground plus a TD to go with his solid passing game. Watkins and Peake shine while they and the rest of the WRs lead Georgia's secondary on a merry chase over the whole field, and as stated above, Hot Rod breaks out in the second half and has a 100+ yard game.

Clemson domination in a good game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Predicted Box Score for UGA

Jul 12, 2013, 2:03 PM

pretty good. I think UGA's rushing will have more yards and the score will be closer. But overall I liked it. Point to you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks! I'm hoping this gets me my first trophy!***

Jul 12, 2013, 2:29 PM

I have one trophy so far. You'll get it.***

Jul 12, 2013, 3:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ahh the first HOF post...those were the days.

Jul 12, 2013, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Thanks! I'm hoping this gets me my first trophy!*** ]

I gave you the needed TU to get you to 5. Enjoy your moment in the sun. ;)

Much appreciated, friend. Feels good. Today was a good day.***

Jul 12, 2013, 4:44 PM

That's a pretty optimistic perspective...

Jul 12, 2013, 2:12 PM

But I like your enthusiasm, and I believe it's very possible. Only thing I disagree with is the 200 yards rushing. I don't have enough confidence in our backfield to put up those kind of numbers. If we fumble twice, that could be a game changer. Lets hope Hot Rod and DJ can hold on to the ball. I think UGA's front 7 will be pretty stout against the few pieces we have to rebuild on our O line. UGA's secondary will be another story. Their stars are either injured or inexperienced and will wear down quickly. I think Tajh and our receiving corps could put up 450+ yards in the air. Overall, I give your predictions a B+.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's a pretty optimistic perspective...

Jul 12, 2013, 2:14 PM

I meant to say UGA's secondary is injured, suspended or inexperienced, leading to Tajh's field day in the air...

Time of Possesion

Jul 12, 2013, 2:16 PM

I hope you are right about the TOP. If you are, it means that our Defense is getting the Offense the ball and they are moving it. IF that happens, then I think your projections are likely right on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not convinced

Jul 12, 2013, 2:21 PM

that we will outrush that Gurshall combo ...but I do think we win by a touchdown or more. Our defense just needs to turn it over to the Chad and let him work the field. Clemson 31-20 in a second half featuring some Tiger defensive stops.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

UGA will hold TOP by a wide margin

Jul 12, 2013, 2:25 PM

If they can control the clock like USC did we are in trouble. If we hold it for 40 mins we have changed offensive philosophy from last year to this. Were not GT.

BTW UGA will have very close to the same amount of yards as we do. Both offenses are very good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA will hold TOP by a wide margin

Jul 12, 2013, 2:32 PM

cant figure out how some of our fans think we are some kind of quick strike offense. sure chad likes to take a shot when we cross the 50 but we are also a grind it out offense. we just happen to do it faster than a lot of teams. it is the defense job to get off the field. that is why we lost to the coots. i do think the defense grew up big time in the bowl game and we are adding experience and depth to that unit

but we return tons more experience on the defense.

Jul 13, 2013, 6:12 AM [ in reply to UGA will hold TOP by a wide margin ]

our "d" should be better, if only due to the simple fact that this will be year 2 in bv's scheme. last year in camps we were learning the x's and o's, this year we will be executing the x's and o's. BIG difference.

Jul 12, 2013, 2:35 PM

I don't see our TOP that high nor do I think we out rush them. That being said, I do believe will we win the game. Your passing numbers look very reasonable. My prediction is Clemson 38 Georgia 34. Our D will be much improved this year but their O is dangerous like ours. This will be the most points we give up all year in my opinion. I anticipate a close game with plenty of fireworks. I can't wait!

Well done, worth of a trophy, point to you!

Jul 12, 2013, 2:37 PM

Now if you can predict how many beers I drink before, during, and after the game you are a real man of genius!

3 before, 3 during, 5 in celebration afterwards.***

Jul 12, 2013, 2:58 PM

With the game not til the evening 3 is going to be low!

Jul 12, 2013, 4:45 PM

I would go with a count of 6-8 before game time.
3-4 Porters, a couple Stouts, then a few IPAs right before game time!

Will probably slow down a little during the game. Maybe 1-2 per half. Maybe a couple nice Belgian Ales.

And then finish off with 1-2 or two nice 'Ola Dubh' 40s because I will know we are off to the magically season 14-0 Rose Baby!!!

SO I think the over/under is around 12.

Go Tigers!

How many beers you'll drink.....I say 16.***

Jul 12, 2013, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Well done, worth of a trophy, point to you! ]

Maybe in my tiger town days....

Jul 12, 2013, 4:57 PM

I remember Busch Light Cases for $10 lol

These days its better stronger beers. Usually 4-5 on a Saturday but the Pups coming to down is going to be extra special! So probably break ten with easily!

Re: Maybe in my tiger town days....

Jul 13, 2013, 3:51 PM

I remember Harris Teeter had NL on sale for 8.99 a case. I had my Explorer loaded down. Hit every HT between Charlotte and Chesterfield. Felt like a bootlegger.

Lots and lots.***

Jul 12, 2013, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Well done, worth of a trophy, point to you! ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

To hold Gurshel to 160 would be a stretch!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 12, 2013, 2:41 PM

N/m

Re: To hold Gurshel to 160 would be a stretch!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 12, 2013, 3:09 PM

We've shut down (held to fewer than 100 yds) backs like Lattimore and David Wilson in the past, and I don't think Gurshall is any more talented than either of those guys. Three different players, teams, and years, obviously, but just saying: we've shut down star RBs before.

Jul 12, 2013, 3:03 PM

I think the game will be Close both teams will move the ball.

Jul 12, 2013, 3:48 PM

Since we are making very early predictions, I think that Bryant will have a career day and Leggett will make a lot of key catches. On D, I look for Anthony to rise up and be the man.

Leggett will turn a LOT of heads this year.***

Jul 12, 2013, 4:12 PM

Re: Leggett will turn a LOT of heads this year.***

Jul 12, 2013, 4:14 PM

first team to 50 wins.

You do need a good TE for 50 wins***

Jul 12, 2013, 4:40 PM

Gurshall

Jul 12, 2013, 4:46 PM

OP, you do realize Gurshall is two guys

LSU was three

Jul 12, 2013, 5:00 PM

And they didn't break 100 on the ground.

Jeremy Hill and his buck twenty four say "Hi" ***

Jul 12, 2013, 5:05 PM

http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/player/365/1047708/rushing/gamelog.html

How'd that work out for him?

Jul 12, 2013, 5:11 PM

Just another reason for Georgia fans to worry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not well for the team ....

Jul 12, 2013, 5:13 PM

Just pointing out that Clemson can be run on.

124 on 10 carries with 2 TDs for Hill***

Jul 12, 2013, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Jeremy Hill and his buck twenty four say "Hi" *** ]

nm

Rushing takes into account sacks, scrambles, etc

Jul 12, 2013, 5:26 PM

Thus, LSU only "rushed" for 99 yards, as indicated by the previous poster. However, you are correct in that Hill himself rushed for 124. I honestly think Hill is one of the most underrated RBs in the country, dude is a beast.

Re: Rushing takes into account sacks, scrambles, etc

Jul 12, 2013, 5:31 PM

Hill is a beast.

Gurley is better.

Though that wasn't really the point, I agree

Jul 12, 2013, 8:14 PM

That being said, Clemson's front 7 is its defensive strength, so I don't see y'all running all over us by any means. Expect Murray to be forced into some 3rd and longs.

hill had a couple long runs, which inflated his total yds.

Jul 13, 2013, 6:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Rushing takes into account sacks, scrambles, etc ]

hill and co. were held pretty much in check for all but a couple runs. hopefully, going into our 2nd year of b.v.'s scheme, we will cut down on the missed assignments, thereby cutting down on the number of "chunk" plays (on the ground and through the air) that were our achilles heel on defense last year. opposing offenses will have to establish longer drives, giving us more of an shot at a turn-over or forcing the punt.

Both UGA and Clemson were

Jul 13, 2013, 9:02 AM

two of the best offenses in the nation at those "chunk" plays. So, it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

true, but again, i go to our more experienced defense to

Jul 13, 2013, 3:57 PM

limit those plays. yes, y'all will score a few points, but you can expect them to be few and far between. meanwhile, the tiger squad, fueled in part by a pumped up, gameday televised, tiger crowd (remember usuc) will be setting decibel levels the likes that cfb has never seen, imploring our players to play like they never have before (see a trend?). this could get ugly for thugu. clemson by 10+ ( agree with solos)

I'm Baaaack!!! The wife, dog, and I had Turtle Beach as our

Jul 14, 2013, 9:11 PM

own private beach for several hours yesterday afternoon. Gorgeous day at Kiawah. Glad to see you remember my call. I stand by it 100% and I'm seriously thinking about throwing down large. I honestly believe those lines are for WV debacle that the 'nation' remembers. Like you said earlier, this D came together with the the practice time they got after the SC game and prior to LSU. Our front 7 two-deep is at least a top 10 in the country. How fast the secondary gels is the only question mark. Keep the faith. Clemson by 10+!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's mine.

Jul 12, 2013, 5:31 PM

Clemson 42, UGA 45

UGA
Total yards: 510
Passing: 22-35, 330 yds, 9.4 ypa, 3 TDs - 1 INT
Rushing: 180 yds, 3 TD, 35 carries, 5.1 ypa
Turnovers: 1, 1 INT
Defense: Sacks: 3, TFL: 8

Clemson
Total yards: 450
Passing: 30-42, 350 yds, 8.3 ypa, 4 TDs - 2 INT
Rushing: 100 yds, 2 TDs, 35 carries, 2.9 ypa,
Turnovers: 2, 2 INT
Defense: Sacks: 2, TFL: 5

TOP: Clemson-25:00, UGA-35:00
1st downs: Clemson 23, UGA 20
3rd downs: Clemson 10-18, UGA 7-12
4th downs: Clemson 0-1, UGA 0-0

Gurley and Marshall have good success on the ground which opens up the play-action passing game for Murray and company.

Hod Rod struggles in his first start against such an athletic front seven, leaving Tajh to try and win it through the air. A valiant effort against an undermanned UGA secondary comes up short as the pressure from UGA's front seven causes one to many errant throws.

uGAY's D is better than LSwho's?

Jul 13, 2013, 6:19 AM

What, you guys sending 12 on the D to the NFL this year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. The defense doesn't play in a vaccum

Jul 13, 2013, 8:51 AM

UGA's offense will do a better job of keeping the ball than the LSU offense did, thereby keeping the Clemson offense off the field. Less time on the field means less number of plays run and less total offense.

Pretty simple.

Your lack of confidence says all that needs to be said***

Jul 13, 2013, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Here's mine. ]

It's a realistic assessment of the UGA secondary

Jul 13, 2013, 10:54 AM

They will be undermanned against the Clemson passing game. So, yes, I do have a "lack of confidence" with the UGA secondary.

Not bad, but number of points and yards...

Jul 13, 2013, 10:59 AM

is high. Did you do that against anyone last year?

No issue w uga fans thinking they will win, we are all fans.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Not bad, but number of points and yards...

Jul 13, 2013, 11:05 AM

Yes. Lots of teams. Scored 40+ in 8 games and 500+ yards in 6.

Yes, increasing points by 2 td and over 100 yards

Jul 13, 2013, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Not bad, but number of points and yards... ]

On top of last season averages in first game on road at our place is a stretch.

Also, your top was 28 minutes last year, no way you increase that by 20 percent.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

But, there are very few new parts .....

Jul 13, 2013, 11:09 AM

UGA returns 10 of 11 starters and gets another previous starter back from injury. Should just hit the ground running.

Again, optimism is fine as a fan...

Jul 14, 2013, 10:25 AM

And for the most part not too bad. It is a real stretch, but not a bad analysis from an admitted biased fan.

Jul 13, 2013, 3:44 PM

I have Clemson wining,but by a closer margin.
In fact this game might even be tied going into the fourth quarter,but Clemson pulls away midway thru for a 38-31 win.

HMMMM??***

Jul 14, 2013, 3:01 PM

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic