Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pollock Announces Retirement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Jun 17, 2008, 5:25 PM

Led Clemson Track Program to 21 ACC Championships Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck to the new hire...

Jun 17, 2008, 5:41 PM

whomever he is...

Those are mighty big shoes to fill!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

This is a huge loss for a great Clemson program.

Jun 17, 2008, 5:55 PM

TDP good luck on replacing him. You will need it you have had some great hires. And some bad ones (McKinney). Please don't run off Jack and Trevor.

McKinney wasn't his hire from what i hear

Jun 17, 2008, 6:39 PM

he delegated it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is a huge loss for a great Clemson program.

Jun 17, 2008, 6:41 PM [ in reply to This is a huge loss for a great Clemson program. ]

sure hope TDP has someone good ready to replace him!! he has done great job for Tigers

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is a huge loss for a great Clemson program.

Jun 18, 2008, 10:56 PM [ in reply to This is a huge loss for a great Clemson program. ]

No doubt Coach Pollack had a great 'track' record and was a heck of a coach, but is everybody that is throwing stones at TDP and questioning Pollack's departure completely ignorant on the events and reasons surrounding his "retirement"? Did any of you read the articles regarding his alledged improprieties?

Yes I read every article and follow our track program alot

Jun 19, 2008, 10:38 AM

This is something TDP had knowledge of so I understand the whole thing. In fact I have been close to the track program since the ealry 90's.

Re: Yes I read every article and follow our track program alot

Jun 19, 2008, 11:09 AM

Yeah, that was meant more for the rock chuckers calling for TDP's firing. I too have been very close to the track program. I was a member of the track team in the 90's under Pollock, and I have nothing but positive things to say about him. He was a great coach.
There are only a select few that are privy to exactly what went on, but, in my view, there must have been some validity to the allegations...I don't think he would have retired otherwise.
It's a shame, and I wish Coach Pollock the best. I truly hope that these alleged infractions are false, but, regardless, it's not TDP's "fault" that he retired.

Maybe a stupid question, but do you think this will impact..

Jun 17, 2008, 6:57 PM

football players that run track? Guys like Spencer adams and future commits? I know they come to play football, but I just wonder if this will have any negative impact on that. I doubt it, but thought I might ask you guys' opinions.

Re: Maybe a stupid question, but do you think this will impact..

Jun 17, 2008, 7:01 PM

If we get the right coach to replace him we will be fine.IMHO we need someone with a national rep that can maintain/keep us where we are now and improve

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our track program has helped us with fball

Jun 17, 2008, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Maybe a stupid question, but do you think this will impact.. ]

recruiting without a doubt. For a lot of these guys, track is their first love. We need to make a killer hire to replace Pollock, or it could effect football recruiting.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2013_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our track program has helped us with fball

Jun 19, 2008, 12:54 AM

I'll do it. I can keep it together...and then some.

LOL!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pollock Announces Retirement

Jun 17, 2008, 7:58 PM

TDP and Katie Hill have this albatross hung around their necks. Good luck to the man or woman that heads up both programs.

Time for TDP to RETIRE

Jun 17, 2008, 10:00 PM

He has lost his friggin mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stupid!

Jun 17, 2008, 10:03 PM

Just STUPID! TDP time for you to go back to OSU!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stupid!

Jun 18, 2008, 11:01 PM

No doubt Coach Pollock had a great 'track' record and was a heck of a coach, but is everybody that is throwing stones at TDP and questioning Pollock's departure completely ignorant on the events and reasons surrounding his "retirement"? Did any of you read the articles regarding his alledged improprieties?

A Big Loss For Clemson

Jun 20, 2008, 3:26 PM

(Summary from previous articles)The summer camp income was put in the account Pollock thought it should be in. This was done in the open and no one corrected him. A routine audit found the error and Pollick transferred the funds to the correct account. This should have ended it but someone called SLED.

During his 20 years at Clemson pollock has run a clean program. No "minors" no nothing. No compliance problems. Just a model program that recruited well and constantly won.

Note SLED findings and Pollock statement below.

ESPN Reported This:

CLEMSON, S.C. -- Clemson track coach Bob Pollock announced his retirement Tuesday after a season in which he was accused of depositing money from campus track and field events into a personal account.

Pollock has led the men's track and field program for the last 20 years and will leave the Tigers after the U.S. Olympic Trials early next month.

His final year was marred when he and assistant coach Charles Foster were investigated by the State Law Enforcement Division after accusations they deposited more than $27,000 in personal accounts. Prosecutors said there was not enough evidence to bring charges.

Pollock has denied any wrongdoing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I hope Barker gets "his" sooner or later...

Jun 20, 2008, 3:29 PM

he likes to make scapegoats out of people... maybe he'll be made a scapegoat one day

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic