Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers to land in state 2016 OL?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Tigers to land in state 2016 OL?

Jan 23, 2015, 3:06 PM

Could the rich get richer? On the verge of signing an epic offensive line class the Tiger staff is already looking ahead to the next class. Apparently Dabo was recently in the low country to check in on Fort Dorchester OL John Simpson (6'4 290). Simpson is widely regarded as a 4* prospect by most services and is one the states top prospects. He was recently on campus for the CU vs. scar game and said, “It was a good show, I must admit,” he said. “But I don’t really know how to explain it. It was a great day. I didn’t expect for it to go how it went. I was expecting it to be real close.”

Simpson is currently weighing his options but is trying to make plans to attend Junior Days at several places and we're in the mix. "Right now, I know I’m going to Georgia. I haven’t made my mind up if I’m going to Carolina or Clemson, because they’re both on the same day, so I know I’m going to Georgia. I’m going to Wake Forest and I might go to Tennessee.”

24/7 has him as the #257 prospect and the #26th best OL. http://247sports.com/Player/John-Simpson-75843

Rivals has Simpson as a 4* recruit, #248 overall, #7 at his position, and the states #4 prospect.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-John-Simpson-166458

For video highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1513456/highlights/191518395

As most of you know, we recently signed 4* OL prospect Sean Pollard of South Pines, NC. According to Rivals, Sean is rated as the 4th best offensive guard and the #191 prospect overall. (Info on Pollard: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sean-Pollard-157096;_ylt=Avpf5N19CeYntC0f4XRFBUFHPZB4 ) Signing big John Simpson could certainly help secure what is already a stellar OL in the making.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers to land in state 2016 OL?

Jan 23, 2015, 4:25 PM

Pollard is a good player and a good kid. He would make a fine addition to our Fort Dorchester tradition (Byron Maxwell) and another great get in-state .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Tigers to land in state 2016 OL?

Jan 23, 2015, 4:25 PM

I meant Simpson , dang it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Bake him a pastry or two to seal the deal***

Jan 23, 2015, 4:29 PM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: Bake him a pastry or two to seal the deal***

Jan 23, 2015, 4:32 PM

Bry, I never got an answer to my serious question.

Do you own a bakery or do you just bake for the heck of it? If so, can you teach me to make a mean red velvet or a coffee cake/streussel?

BRO. You can't just ASK someone if they have a bakery

Jan 23, 2015, 4:36 PM

but yes he does and this is it

Re: BRO. You can't just ASK someone if they have a bakery

Jan 23, 2015, 4:37 PM

If he doesn't own a bakery furreal, I'm having trouble underskanding the cake references and would like some help please.

I'm just really surprised that with all this talk of cake,

Jan 23, 2015, 4:40 PM

shl or 08 hasn't shown up

Jan 23, 2015, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Bake him a pastry or two to seal the deal*** ]

It's something I do on the side. I always made meals for friends/ family who were sick or in the hospital. I began to notice that folks always ate the desserts and pastries first. So I finally asked and they always said the same thing. Never thought I was that good at it. But every time I get invited to a party or function I get asked to make desserts ect. Two and two makes four and years later I just became known as the baker. Kind of a weird thing. Odd what having a sweet tooth and good taste can do for ya. I'll see if I can find ya a recipe for the said struesel. If I do, I'll tmail it to you.

Jan 23, 2015, 5:04 PM

That's awesome. I've always been pretty decent over a sautee pan or with one of mama's casserole recipes, but never could bake werf a chit. I wish I could. I'd save a lot more money on late night trips to Harris Teeter to get something for my munchies.

Pics

Jan 23, 2015, 6:08 PM

of mama?

I'm guessing he'll order the double chocolate lave cake

Jan 23, 2015, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Bake him a pastry or two to seal the deal*** ]

Fingers crossed. It's a big seller with the kids plus we make them in single serving sizes. Unfortunately Valentines Day is coming up so that sucks. Gonna be mass producing those stupid chocolate covered cherries and strawberries. FML.

Jan 23, 2015, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Bake him a pastry or two to seal the deal*** ]

And give him a glamor shot by Deb!

Dabo and Pedro for President!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

+1 for confusing me and making me go crosseyed.

Jan 23, 2015, 4:48 PM

Not sure what you speak of.

Napoleon Dynamite. I'm 66 and I know that DUDE. :-)***

Jan 23, 2015, 9:46 PM

pics of munchies!

Jan 24, 2015, 1:42 AM

And maybe what caused them...? ;)

#UpInSmoke

Canihavesomechocodippedfruit?