Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers, it's time to band together to prevent a travesty.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 110
| visibility 1

Tigers, it's time to band together to prevent a travesty.

Apr 11, 2019, 9:14 AM

Yesterday afternoon my assistant told me I had a call holding from Davis Babb. Figuring he had good news about my request for small batch bourbon as a bar option in our Stadium Suite for 2019-20, I eagerly took the call. What I heard from him though should alarm any Clemson fan.

It seems that D-Rad (that's what his peers call Dan Radakovich) has fallen for the various conspiracies of fear, uncertainty and doubt that have been peddled to him by the bottom-feeding salesmen for stadium security companies, and they've convinced him that we need permanent metal detectors at every Gate in the Stadium for the upcoming season.

Now on the surface, it doesn't seem so bad yet---I assumed that I wouldn't be subjected to this economy class treatment to enter the suite entrance and take the elevator. But it got worse....He has consumed so much security kool-aid that he is also eliminating the Avenue of Champions parking spots. This is obscene! This is preposterous! This shall not stand!

Folks, the biggest crime committed by AOC parkers to date was when my chum Slade Pilkington III got his calendar dates mixed up and wore seersucker pants after Labor Day. We wouldn't allow some terrorist to park amongst us, and if they tried, we would be the first to identify them by their meager buffet spread and lack of quality alcohol.

I realize most of you can't empathize because you don't have the option of parking on the Avenue of Champions. You're happy getting the big box of chicken at Bojangles and an $80 tent and parking in a field somewhere. This isn't about empathy. This is about what's right. I have been donating substantial sums to Clemson for almost 6 years now, and part of that deal was that I would be accorded the status I deserved. This represents a contract ripped in half---a bond broken. We are Clemson...we are better than that. E-mail your IPTAY rep today and let them know that you want me on that Avenue. You need me on that Avenue.

If I'm expected to park my Range Rover in some semi-muddy field next to a gauche fire engine and the drone of generators, my money shall go elsewhere. Godspeed, friends, I pray we get through this.

Yours,
Baron Will
760-239-7955

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2019/04/11/new-metal-detectors-will-affect-parking-at-memorial-stadium/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While i understand your point...

Apr 11, 2019, 9:22 AM

It came across as me me me. and a good bit elitist. not a very effective message if you're trying to gain support. BTW, I'm not a snowflake. Range Rover? Really? why did you have to tell us that?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry friend, I get carried away, and I was trying to

Apr 11, 2019, 9:23 AM

paint a picture. I was hoping to proactively answer the question "Why can't he just park in another lot?", and I think most understood why after reading my post.

Thank you for your support.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is Chaz taking this?

Apr 11, 2019, 10:09 AM

did he cry a little?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sorry friend, I get carried away, and I was trying to

Apr 11, 2019, 1:08 PM [ in reply to I'm sorry friend, I get carried away, and I was trying to ]

You didn’t by chance bribe the SAT examiner to get your kids admitted to Ckemson did you?

??

Apr 11, 2019, 7:12 PM [ in reply to I'm sorry friend, I get carried away, and I was trying to ]

Is my meter broke?

Re: The solution should be simple

Apr 11, 2019, 9:14 PM [ in reply to I'm sorry friend, I get carried away, and I was trying to ]

I'm sure Dan will see the advantage of allowing you and your guests the priviledge of outfitting yourselves with M249s and a little training and coordination with L.O. you will surely be counted as an asset. Any terrorist in your sector will be marginalized forthwith.

I'm sure you will be at least as much danger to athletes and bystanders as the young chap in unmarked uniform standing on the corner by the stadium last Saturday with an AR 15. Like Barney, I hope that he only had one bullet.

With the potential revenue loss of parking it may more feasible to just allow fixed bunkers strategically placed amongst the tailgaters to allow a good field of fire. A good hotline number to quickly identify the terrorists and drunken frat boys so as to deploy the mortars and artillery might be a proactive measure also.

I'll forward my ideers to Dan. We'll get this fixed for you.

Apr 11, 2019, 9:40 PM [ in reply to I'm sorry friend, I get carried away, and I was trying to ]

I drive a RAM truck. If you get your Range Rover in the mud I’ll be glad to pull you out. Godspeed

TO THE “FANS” WHO THINK THEY'RE BETTER THAN ME LISTEN Up

Apr 11, 2019, 9:30 AM

YEAH, YOU KNOW WHO I'M TALKING ABOUT. THE GUY WHO COMPLAINS ABOUT PEOPLE WEARING CHINESE RIP-OFF JERSEYS FROM DHGATE. THE GUY WHO LOOKS DOWN HIS NOSE A BOJANGLES TAILGATE PLATTER. WHO THINKS A FEW DINGS ON YOUR CAR WARRANTS HIM BEING BETTER THAN YOU.
YEAH. YOU.

I GOT A FEW SUGGESTIONS FOR YOUR MISERABLE, PATHETIC, GOOD FOR NOTHING CLEMSON “FANDOM” – GET THE HECK OUT. WE DON’T WANT YOU.

SAVE YOUR IPTAY DONATIONS. WE’LL DONATE MORE TO COVER IT.

DON’T BOTHER BUYING A TICKET. WE’LL ALL YELL A LITTLE LOUDER.

LEAVE YOUR RANGE ROVER, SILVER PLATTERS, AND LIQUOR DECANTERS. WE'LL GLADLY TAKE YOUR SPOT.

SELL YOUR CLEMSON GEAR ON EBAY. I KNOW A YOUNG KID WHO WOULD ACTUALLY APPRECIATE WEARING IT.

PAWN YOUR CLEMSON RING. NOBODY WANTS TO CLAIM YOU AS A FELLOW ALUMNUS.

DELETE YOUR TIGERNET HANDLE. YOU HAVE NO MORE WISDOM TO GIVE.

AND, MOST OF ALL, FIND ANOTHER ### TEAM TO CHEER FOR. WE’RE BETTER OFF WITHOUT YOU.

“ALL IN” ISN’T JUST FOR COACHES AND PLAYERS. IT’S FOR FANS AS WELL. YOU’RE “ALL IN” WIN THE TIGERS WIN REGARDLESS OF THE SCORE BECAUSE A WIN IS A WIN. YOU’RE “ALL IN” WHEN THE TIGERS LOSE BECAUSE THAT’S HOW WE LEARN. YOU’RE “ALL IN”, 110% OF THE TIME BECAUSE THERE AIN’T NO BETTER TEAM TO PULL FOR. SO IF YOU’RE NOT “ALL IN” YOU BETTER BE “ALL OUT” CAUSE DABO, THE PLAYERS, AND THE REST OF US DON’T WANT YOU DRAGGING US DOWN WITH YOUR COMPLAINTS ABOUT US "POOR PEOPLE" RUINING YOUR TAILGATE OR SOME MINOR INCONVENIENCE TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF CLEMSON NATION.

YOU AREN’T CLEMSON. SO YOU BETTER BEST BE GETTIN GONE.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I may have stood with you but you lost me when you said you

Apr 11, 2019, 9:35 AM

wear a jersey. Prove you are under 12 and we can talk.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Prove I'm under 12 and we can talk?

Apr 11, 2019, 9:42 AM

CS02

Friend, I sense some frustration.

Apr 11, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to TO THE “FANS” WHO THINK THEY'RE BETTER THAN ME LISTEN Up ]

I suggest you go outside and yell and cheer loudly for 10 minutes or so.

When finished, see how well those yells and cheers pay for a slide and a putt-putt course at the football center.

Re: Friend, I sense some frustration.

Apr 11, 2019, 11:33 AM

So, do you know me? Dude, my toenail clippings have more life experience than you. I'm not an Alumni of Clemson. Just a fan since 1983, and I've held season tickets for several years, but have given most of them away to less fortunate people that frequent the Main Board. Most of the time, I'm overseas somewhere and cannot attend. You were talking about weight gain, I do not care about how big you think you are, or how fat your old lady is. Nobody pulled your chain, and ask for your opinion you troll. I have more respect for my dip spitter than I have for you, and I spit in my dip spitter.

Obed®

Found Juan!***

Apr 11, 2019, 7:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Friend, I sense some frustration.***

Apr 11, 2019, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Friend, I sense some frustration. ]

Re: Tigers, it's time to band together to prevent a travesty.

Apr 11, 2019, 9:35 AM

I'm not worried about your parking issues. We don't live in the same world as we did 20 years ago. Clemson has to be proactive to protect fans so it's not about you.

If I can opine here,

I don't think that fear should dictate how CLEMSON does things.

If you're scared, stay at home and watch the game on your 32" Toshiba 720p flatscreen that was made in 2006. Don't try to bring the real contributors to the program down with your playing to worst case scenarios and emotional whims.

Not to be snide, but responding hastily to emotions is one of the key items that keeps most of society mired in mediocrity.

Re: If I can opine here,

Apr 11, 2019, 3:15 PM

Seems like you made a hasty response based on emotion... seriously, I'm not trolling. It just appears you were basing your view on emotion and being a little rude. IMHO??
(Just trying to help you rise above mediocrity)??

I'VE GOT THAT TOSHIBA!

Apr 11, 2019, 6:20 PM [ in reply to If I can opine here, ]

SOB weighs 100 lbs! Ha!

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

The true terrorists are the cops walking around with their

Apr 11, 2019, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Tigers, it's time to band together to prevent a travesty. ]

ticket books harassing people for no reason. Who will protect us from them?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The true terrorists are the cops walking around with their

Apr 11, 2019, 10:23 AM

Lake bum, I’m afraid you are underestimating the threat an adorable slightly inebriated Clemson coed poses to society at large. And the opportunity it represents for security personnel to speak to them and on their dream days to frisk them. Think about that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are they protecting the fans from?***

Apr 11, 2019, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Tigers, it's time to band together to prevent a travesty. ]

You darn right!!***

Apr 11, 2019, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Tigers, it's time to band together to prevent a travesty. ]

It really is starting to disappoint my small group of

Apr 11, 2019, 9:36 AM

rather influential peers at the lengths the AD and the administration is willing to go to please the, dare I say, unwashed masses.

While I've already committed to my Stadium suite for the upcoming season, I fear that this is one more straw on the proverbial camel's back that will force me to take my money elsewhere.

Perhaps the Carolina Panthers will be more appreciative of the folks who keep the lights on? As you acknowledged, buckets of chicken and the orange tents you see littering the landscape as you drive down Perimeter Road aren't the audience who should be driving the decisions.

They'll one day regret stepping on the toes of the ones who make championships possible. Hint: it's the folks who are having to make these sort of concessions in order to make the proletariat feel safe.

I'm almost sick to my stomach.

Boo Hoo Hoo

My heart bleeds. It was you who nuked the baby seals, wasn't it? I bet it was.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh yeah Mr. Fancy pants?

Apr 11, 2019, 9:45 AM

I'll have you know, my Yeti can keep beer cold for up to five days.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Which section of the upper deck do you sit in?***

Apr 11, 2019, 10:12 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he drinks bourbon,

Apr 11, 2019, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Oh yeah Mr. Fancy pants? ]

but I'd like to see this cooler you speak of.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon

Apr 11, 2019, 9:48 AM

If you are not a true member of TigerNet. (Those if you posting on here without a trademark symbol) please do not offer your clearly emotional responses to a very rational thought of one of my brothers! We will not stand for it and if you happen to get to avenue of champions with us, regardless of the car you drive, you will never be asked to join our All In Range Rover club! Keep fighting the good fight Obed.. the true fans have your back!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2019, 9:50 AM

If you so unhappy at Clemson take your vehicle and head down to Cootville. Sure they should have plenty of parking spaces available

Don't forget about the free sects parking lots***

Apr 11, 2019, 10:01 AM

Funny stuff....

Apr 11, 2019, 9:52 AM

+1

Apr 11, 2019, 9:53 AM

While I get your point. When it comes to breaking contracts Clemson and IPTAY have been at this for years. When IPTAY was started your supposed to get lifetime parking space and your tickets also could be passed down your lineage as long as they donated to IPTAY. Their Contracts were broken just so they can get more MONEY that's it more MONEY. At least your is supposedly security risk

Apr 11, 2019, 9:55 AM

Are you related?

Apr 11, 2019, 10:00 AM

I feel your pain and understand the hurt portrayed in your post. The question is how can a gentleman of such fine taste that enjoys the finer things life has to offer drive around in a POS like a Range Rover? Surely a gentleman that indulges in a fine bourbon has better decision making skills than to purchase a British turd like that. Please get this figured out before I can fully support you and call my IPTAY rep to get his support for you as well. A true Clemson man must be better than that.

this guy mighty as well drive a fiat.. he would die if he

Apr 11, 2019, 10:25 AM

Saw my x5. I drive it like a jeep wrangler and shes got a nice ding on the front bumper. I like bojangles too. I guess I'm just a huge embarrassing redneck.

While we are pointing out the injustices perpertrated on the

Apr 11, 2019, 10:01 AM

"Sustainers" of the program,..
Did you know that Oconee Airport only has a 5000 foot runway? So my Gulfstream G550 isn't allowed to land there!! I have to have it landed all the way over in Greenville and endure the traffic along with everyone else. My driver gets anxious and all the constant stopping and starting often makes me spill my Louis Roederer Cristal.

What we have to endure for Clemson football.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

LOL, that's why I got a CJ2. Tell you what, send me a

Apr 11, 2019, 10:06 AM

tmail where you coming from and maybe you can fly in with me and the fam for GA tech. I've got 4 empty seats right now. If needed we can stop at the downtown Greenville airport.

Re: While we are pointing out the injustices perpertrated on the

Apr 11, 2019, 12:49 PM [ in reply to While we are pointing out the injustices perpertrated on the ]

If you can fit your happy ### in the back of a '65 Piper Cherokee, I'll pick you up as I pass Gville Downtown (if I don't mistake Donaldson Center and land in the wrong place )

Apr 11, 2019, 6:44 PM [ in reply to While we are pointing out the injustices perpertrated on the ]

Careful, I worked Flight Test on that jet powered turd. Taking your life in your own hands with that pile of trash.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Starting and stopping don't happen in my Bell chopper....***

Apr 11, 2019, 9:43 PM [ in reply to While we are pointing out the injustices perpertrated on the ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2019, 6:46 AM [ in reply to While we are pointing out the injustices perpertrated on the ]

I’ve got two words for you....

Seaplane.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2019, 10:05 AM

At least we don't have to worry about someone parking their entry level Mercedes in your spot anymore

Apr 11, 2019, 10:05 AM

This has nothing to do with security.

D Rad drives a Mercedes.

He is specifically targeting your select group of Range Rover driving friends.

Rumor is that it goes back to when he got the job at Clemson and Range Rover would not agree to build him a custom orange Range Rover.

Do not contact Clemson with your issues.

Contact Range Rover to get them to fix the problem they created with the Clemson athletic department.

I am doing my part. I have chosen such a strong boycott that I chose to work a job that won't even let me buy a Range Rover. That way they know I will never buy one!

Re: Tigers, it's time to band together to prevent a travesty. ***

Apr 11, 2019, 10:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

This type of entitled attitude...

Apr 11, 2019, 10:16 AM

is what is ruining my country, America, and destroying the Clemson football experience.

You started giving in 2013, probably right after the LSU game. I've been a donor through all of the Hatfield years, West years, Bowden years, etc. Went to every game in 1998.

I used to park in a great spot in Lot 2, right near the AOC. Now, I can't even keep my 8 seats that my grandad has kept in the family for 50 years and park out at the Brooks Center even though we've given $500 a year for over 40 years. That was a lot of money.

People like you don't deserve Clemson.

Re: This type of entitled attitude...

Apr 11, 2019, 10:22 AM

HELL YEAH PREACH IT

Apr 11, 2019, 10:24 AM [ in reply to This type of entitled attitude... ]

If I could give you a thousand thumbs up I would

Bruh, sounds like you need to increase your earnings

Apr 11, 2019, 11:01 AM [ in reply to This type of entitled attitude... ]

so you can donate more to Clemson.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bruh, sounds like you need to increase your earnings

Apr 12, 2019, 6:54 AM

Bruh, you sound like a major dousche

If $20k over 40 years sounds like a lot of money

Apr 11, 2019, 12:30 PM [ in reply to This type of entitled attitude... ]

maybe you should sit among your people in the upperdeck

Look at me. I'm a math wizard.

Apr 11, 2019, 9:59 PM

Show off

Re: Look at me. I'm a math wizard.

Apr 12, 2019, 6:55 AM

??????????

I feel your pain. It really hurt when the government took away our family peanut and tobacco allotment years ago. Granted, we hadn’t actually farmed it ourselves for 40 years, it still seems like they stole a family heirloom. Not being able to rent that allotment every year has cost my family a fortune. The government just takes and takes from those of us with wealth. Similar to IPTAY in many respects, huh?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2019, 9:27 PM [ in reply to This type of entitled attitude... ]

Yep, gonna go down the tubes just like NASCAR with all these progressive changes. Outgrowing their fan base.

Apr 11, 2019, 10:17 AM

(it could be that the parking spots would have to be removed to allow for expanded concourse space under the north stands to bring that area up to code by adding restrooms or ada stuff .... stuff they would have to do if they ever wanted to renovate the stadium but will not fit in the current footprint... but whatever)

Spot on!

Apr 11, 2019, 10:17 AM

We have dealt with this tomfoolery for far too long.

Re: Spot Gone! - FIFY***

Apr 11, 2019, 10:22 AM

Spade, you old dog you!

Apr 11, 2019, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Spot on! ]

Leave it to you to figure out a way to have your assistant make tigernet posts for you while you’re at Augusta!

A bomb on Champions Blvd could destroy steep upper deck which would be devastating!

Apr 11, 2019, 10:27 AM

Wait..maybe not!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the one time of year when he avoids Augusta National

Apr 11, 2019, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Spade, you old dog you! ]

They let the rift-raff on the course this week. Revolting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

You would be a good candidate for public parking***

Apr 11, 2019, 10:29 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Apr 11, 2019, 10:30 AM

You sound like a snob. I don’t like snobs. “I drive a Range Rover, I drink fancy drinks, I eat fancy foods, I spend more money than most so I’m better than most and deserve better.” You sound like a rich spoiled brat. Goodbye.

A snob? That is just a word that people use

Apr 11, 2019, 10:35 AM

whom don't know their place.

Re: A snob? That is just a word that people use

Apr 12, 2019, 6:56 AM

Wow, knowing your place? You deserve to brought down a peg or two.

Apr 12, 2019, 7:12 AM

Do you guys seriously miss that this whole thread is sarcasm?

Apr 12, 2019, 3:52 PM

TBH some of doesn’t seem like sarcasm because there actually people like this. I liked the OP, but a few flew over my head. Feel free to giggle at my expense.

Apr 11, 2019, 10:38 AM

Changing Times. AOC is now a highly controversial, trending acronym...
Oh, wait, it has been for about a year now.

BARON!!!

Apr 11, 2019, 10:49 AM

How long has it been ol sport? How are Muffy and the kids? Remember that time Muffy ordered whiskey and Perrier at that awful Pixie and Bill’s and they gave her bourbon (instead of scotch) and regular soda water?

We’ll be summering in Bar Harbor as usual and then wintering in Aiken again.

Do you believe what Trump has done to the GOP? Nelson Rockefeller is rolling over in his grave.

Let’s get together ol sport,

Your frat brother always,

Tradd Legare

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2019, 10:49 AM

That is a good joke there.

Still my favorite option

I think George O had it right.

Deer Tnet

Apr 11, 2019, 10:51 AM

I want Obed on that Avenue.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Why are you not answering your phone?!?

Apr 11, 2019, 10:57 AM

I, for one, am infuriated!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did not receive that notification.***

Apr 11, 2019, 11:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

A preposterous overreaction by D-Rad.

Apr 11, 2019, 11:06 AM

I'll drop by later and we'll catch up. I assume you are staying at the usual cabin?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Apr 11, 2019, 11:54 AM

What the hell is wrong with Bojangles?

A very lunge worthy post

Apr 11, 2019, 12:06 PM

Where all the smart people hang out. Or
smartass, I get confused sometimes.

More importantly.....

Apr 11, 2019, 12:12 PM

Do you have any Grey Poupon?

So, this may be the most 1% vs

Apr 11, 2019, 12:31 PM

Bourgeoisie thread ever!

Cake? Cake, anyone?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmph, Let THEM eat cake.

Apr 13, 2019, 6:34 PM

Ole' Marie kind of lost her head over that one. :)

Re: More importantly.....

Apr 11, 2019, 6:51 PM [ in reply to More importantly..... ]

“Paass da Gelly!”

Apr 11, 2019, 12:35 PM

The crowd flipped Winthorp's Range Rover before the game began.
Go figure???

Apr 11, 2019, 12:41 PM

This thread was great. It covered plenty of things I enjoy. People not understanding long term deterioration of what makes things great like a bunch of superficially thinking Pavlov's dogs ("Any man willing to trade freedom for security deserves neither"), and trouser snake measuring. At least the original poster was funny in his description of what is going on. Some of y'all are so butthurt people have more than you it is hilarious. If you didn't pick up on the sarcasm of his eliteness I feel sorry for you.

Apr 11, 2019, 1:21 PM

Dahamp2003 said:

"Any man willing to trade freedom for security deserves neither"

FYI That "quote" is a paraphrasing of something Benjamin Franklin said, but it's taken completely out of context.

"He was writing about a tax dispute between the Pennsylvania General Assembly and the family of the Penns, the proprietary family of the Pennsylvania colony who ruled it from afar. And the legislature was trying to tax the Penn family lands to pay for frontier defense during the French and Indian War. And the Penn family kept instructing the governor to veto. Franklin felt that this was a great affront to the ability of the legislature to govern. And so he actually meant purchase a little temporary safety very literally. The Penn family was trying to give a lump sum of money in exchange for the General Assembly's acknowledging that it did not have the authority to tax it."

https://www.npr.org/2015/03/02/390245038/ben-franklins-famous-liberty-safety-quote-lost-its-context-in-21st-century

Apr 11, 2019, 2:41 PM

Point taken, but my point still applies. Read the rest of the article. Taken out of context or not, there is no such thing as safety. Only the illusion. If there was, prisons wouldn't have murders. Feeling safe and being safe are two different things. But the illusion of safety and freedom are oppositely correlated. Safety didn't make us great. Freedom did. My objection is more of a general thing with society. We believe legislation fixes everything, ignoring the obvious fact that the less overall laws we have had the better off we've been. Outside of a few things that were wrong from the beginning.

POTD.

Apr 11, 2019, 12:43 PM

But you range rover snobs need to find someting better to complain about.

And metal detectors are cool. They slow things down a little but we get and just need to be patient.

Plus I used a metal detector at the beach one time. They're not so bad once you get used to them.

Re: POTD.

Apr 12, 2019, 7:17 AM

Metal detectors are NOT cool. How will I get my flask into DV? Next you’ll suggest I downgrade to “plastic”.

I like the cut of your jib.***

Apr 12, 2019, 9:03 PM

Careful. You're asking for an Iva a$$$ kickin'.

Apr 11, 2019, 2:02 PM

We all know how that turned out last time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2019, 2:21 PM

I was told by higher ups in the admin. that all thru streets could not have any parked vehicles during game day. They said the order came from Homeland Security, not the University. And there was nothing they could do about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

It's about the indoctrination of fear for the masses...

Apr 11, 2019, 9:55 PM

Clemson is front and center... a great venue to make an example. Don't worry. Those exclusive parking lots and exclusive entrances to those that exclusive box seating will get exclusive security...on everybody's dime.

Apr 11, 2019, 2:31 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bphR-6Xi1_I

Apr 11, 2019, 3:08 PM

I got the same notice and fellows, I am in dire need of support. Old Bessy Lou, that's my mule, has been my transportation to the stadium since 1955. She's been pulling that old wagon for all these years and has learned where to go without my having to use the reins. We come well prepared--- plenty of chitlins, cornbread, cold collard sammiches, a bucket of cool well water and a jug of some of the best moonshine one has ever put to their lips.

Can't let old Bessy Lou do without so I throw in a bale of crabgrass hay. My new assignment in now is down in Clemson Bottoms with not a shade tree in sight. Some times those tailgaters throw Bessy Lou some of their crumbs and she will render a beautiful "thank you" bray.

I can't afford to buy tickets so I let the children pet old Bessy Lou and their compassionate parents give me a ticket. That's what I call the Clemson Spirit. I joined IPTAY but my $2.00 donation per year doesn't grant me any privileges but I still go to the games and yell like a Gamecock does over a moral victory because I love the Tigers.

There's one thing I've learned over my more than 97 years, people's true character is revealed in how they respect all people and when they give, they give in silence. And when one gives in silence, it confuses the IRS.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2019, 4:43 PM

+1 TRUTH !!!

Most people don't realize a million dollars doesn't go as far as it used to. Have you priced an Aston Martin car, a Patek Philippe gold watch, champagne and foie gras, lately. Don't get me started on fine art, a work by Mark Rothko of blurry red, pink and blue rectangles fetched $75m.

Now if they would put a helicopter pad on the lawn of Fort Hill, these issues could be put to rest.

Apr 12, 2019, 9:00 PM

rothko once said something like:if you didn't stand in front of one his masterpieces and weep,you were just plain stupid.i've got a few of his works,if you're interested.would like to divest,as my tear ducts need a rest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

It's for golf cart parking (ME!)

Apr 11, 2019, 6:32 PM

#### and move your d@mn Range Rover. I've a spot in SCM that I'll give ya and you can ride the shuttle for free.
??
Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon

Next thing your going to tell me they won't let me fly in to

Apr 11, 2019, 7:03 PM

the Clemson airport? I like to bring my small plane in there, when the kids come in, we land the 707 @ GSP.

Thank you for waking us up to this treachery!

We'll talk at the club later.

Don't judge me clowns!

Apr 11, 2019, 8:49 PM

I am an Upper Deck Poors and I drive my Dodge Grand Caravan to every game. This beast of burden carries all my gear, hooch, orange tent with minimal patch tape and grill with accessories. I love my school and give even when broke as h3ll with credit card bills. I hate metal detectors and they sucked at ACC Championship game. I hope the "sustainers" get all they deserve at every home game in their suite. Seriously I do. Me and my family will enjoy each sun soaked day in upper deck, broke as h3ll and screaming our tails off for da Tigers! And by the way, us Upper Deck Poors don't sit until half time! Go Tigers!

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Look friend, your input is valued, but as far as I know

Apr 11, 2019, 11:32 PM

Your spot at Kite Hill or the Y beach isn’t in any jeopardy.

This is about worlds being turned upside down.

Re: Look friend, your input is valued, but as far as I know

Apr 12, 2019, 6:07 AM

Thank you for that reply OBED! That is exactly what I was hoping for. Seriously though, I do think the whole metal detector deal is crap and the risk blown out of proportion. I know that if anyone really tried something stupid on AOC area, y'all would soak them with your cosmopolitans and smack them with a leg of lamb! And for that, this Dodge Caravan driving, hooch drinking, upper deck Poors says Thank You. Go Tigers!

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Apr 11, 2019, 10:08 PM

Wonder when the mods will install security to filter out the joungers from the mange. Seems like they could capitalize off of the redirects and award Amazon cards as a parting gift.

Prayers up for Chaz....he seems to be the one that might

Apr 12, 2019, 2:50 AM

take this the hardest.

Hopefully none of the gauchos you might park next to you in the commoners lot will give you a little "Hey, hey-ey, goodbye" when you're leaving after the game.

Apr 12, 2019, 4:50 AM

I applaud your post. There seems to be a rush of gullibility on Tigernet currently. I will speak with DRad on your behalf as he and I are suite-mates.

Apr 12, 2019, 12:43 PM

Now that there was funny, then again maybe not so!!! Now I do understand that the folks that has done well for them selves and have made or has a lot of money. It's understandable they want to buy the best for them selves and their family. Honestly, if I had it like that, I would spend some it for the better comforts in life for myself and family as you should. But if you think you can get help from the less fortunate by flaunting what you have, you don't know us common folk very well at all, and you have failed miserably!!! In today's world, safety should always come before your status in life of what you do or don't have in the bank, or where you live, or what you drive, or how much you have invested in the stock market. Personally, I won't ever have to again worry about some self righteous idiot blowing me to bits in any stadium ever again bc I'm not able to maneuver in or around the home or away game atmosphere ever again but, my heart would forever be crushed if any fan, (especially a Clemson fan) of college FB were ever hurt or killed bc of the lack of security in and around the venues that families go to cheer for their favorite college sports... So lighten Nancy, the safety of everybody must come before the comfort that your fortunes can afford you or anyone else!!! Go Tigers, and Go DRAD, make our stadium as safe as necessary for all fans that visit Death Valley no mater what they drive, or regardless of the comforts they may lose for the sake of safety first and foremost!!! Sincerely, allorangeallthetime52

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2019, 1:49 PM

Honestly Im with you because then y'all make everyone else have to pay more for their current spots. plus WHY in our lords name would some one look at the long lines at panther stadium and think, "yeah I want some of that here" we already have to wait long enough and the longer I can stay at my tailgate before kickoff before heading in the more (cheap) beer and corn hole I can get in. My PBRs need to be drank dagum it.

But in all seriousness NFL lines take an inordinate amount of time for all the games I've been to and I will be less than thrilled at the time it takes to get to my seats if it increases even ten more minutes. Because we pay to watch a game not for a line simulator 2k19 edition.

Apr 12, 2019, 1:53 PM

Well played sir. I thought it was brilliant

Apr 12, 2019, 5:48 PM

Does this mean I'll be parking my Toyota FJ beside Range Rovers in Lot C1? It will be nice if they can bring the store bought liquor and I'll have the best homemade muscadine wine and moonshine they've ever had. If they get hungry because their finger sandwiches were dropped on the ground and they wouldn't stop by Bojangles, I can share some of the best grilled chicken wings around. Go Tigers and see y'all this August!

Troll

Apr 12, 2019, 9:14 PM

Glad I was able to give this ###### post a bump:)

Send the complaints to IPTAY not TigerNet.

Go Tigers!!!

Apr 12, 2019, 9:19 PM

I oppose the new security measures. I am totally against closing The Avenue of Champions. However, your winning attitude makes me wish they would put a Dippin Dots cart in your spot and kick you out.

Apr 14, 2019, 12:14 AM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Apr 17, 2019, 5:34 AM

I would suggest you buy a nice high $$$$ Range Rover golf cart, hire a chauffeur to drive you and you guest over to the elevator entrance then you can pull out the wad of cash tip the chauffeur before heading up to your luxury box in time for kick off. If that will not work just call Uber!

I will take the muddy field with some of the best Clemson fans ever who will share their food and drink with a genuine Tiger hospitality! ??

Apr 17, 2019, 8:18 AM

Obed® said:

Yesterday afternoon my assistant told me I had a call holding from Davis Babb. Figuring he had good news about my request for small batch bourbon as a bar option in our Stadium Suite for 2019-20, I eagerly took the call. What I heard from him though should alarm any Clemson fan.

It seems that D-Rad (that's what his peers call Dan Radakovich) has fallen for the various conspiracies of fear, uncertainty and doubt that have been peddled to him by the bottom-feeding salesmen for stadium security companies, and they've convinced him that we need permanent metal detectors at every Gate in the Stadium for the upcoming season.

Now on the surface, it doesn't seem so bad yet---I assumed that I wouldn't be subjected to this economy class treatment to enter the suite entrance and take the elevator. But it got worse....He has consumed so much security kool-aid that he is also eliminating the Avenue of Champions parking spots. This is obscene! This is preposterous! This shall not stand!

Folks, the biggest crime committed by AOC parkers to date was when my chum Slade Pilkington III got his calendar dates mixed up and wore seersucker pants after Labor Day. We wouldn't allow some terrorist to park amongst us, and if they tried, we would be the first to identify them by their meager buffet spread and lack of quality alcohol.

I realize most of you can't empathize because you don't have the option of parking on the Avenue of Champions. You're happy getting the big box of chicken at Bojangles and an $80 tent and parking in a field somewhere. This isn't about empathy. This is about what's right. I have been donating substantial sums to Clemson for almost 6 years now, and part of that deal was that I would be accorded the status I deserved. This represents a contract ripped in half---a bond broken. We are Clemson...we are better than that. E-mail your IPTAY rep today and let them know that you want me on that Avenue. You need me on that Avenue.

If I'm expected to park my Range Rover in some semi-muddy field next to a gauche fire engine and the drone of generators, my money shall go elsewhere. Godspeed, friends, I pray we get through this.

Yours,
Baron Will
760-239-7955

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2019/04/11/new-metal-detectors-will-affect-parking-at-memorial-stadium/

Obed® said:

Yours,
Baron Will
760-239-7955

It has been a long time since I’ve read something like this post. Silly me thought that Clemson fans were different - that we were the salt of the earth supporting kids who were getting a chance to play sports and get a great education. “My assistant” “Range Rover”and your reasons for giving - to help you. You may want to spend some time with the less fortunate and help them. 5000 in foster care in SC. Go to a women’s shelter or better yet go to Miracle Hill and help the men there. Perhaps you could change a life.

Apr 17, 2019, 6:11 PM

Good Lord, people! Lighten up and enjoy the satire of the OP.

Replies: 110
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic