Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers have an opportunity to prove many wrong. But to do so
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 711

Tigers have an opportunity to prove many wrong. But to do so

Aug 19, 2013, 8:50 AM

they have to perform at the highest level right out of the gate. We have 3 big tests and numerous smaller ones. Are we going to be fired up going to Raleigh on a Thursday night--remember they thumped us the last time there? How about a trip to Syracuse? Consistency is the name of the game.

Now as far as the big tests and their importance to the season or to the program:

1)USuC--it has be done and in their stadium. We have to go in, quite their crowd, make our crowd loud and proud, and get a win in Cooterville. This one has been 5 years in the making. The Tigers need to take the state title back--this year! This game ranks tops for the season and 2nd for the future of the program.

2)FSU--They are miffed not to be picked to win the conference and consider us just as poor as Duke even though they themselves were not much before the 90's. Poor FSU fans-they think the sun revolves around them. I hate that they look at us as a flash in the pan. We have to win this one to stay at the top of the ACC Atlantic. If I hear another TV guy say the ACC will never be relevant again until FSU is at the top I will scream. Clemson has more ACC titles then the Criminoles. Clemson will make the ACC relevant. This game is the second most important of the season after USuC and the 3rd most important for future of the program.

3)UGA--huge if you grew up in the 80's or spent your childhood in a county bordering the Savannah River like I did in Allendale County--this game means a lot. Big game--could be springboard to a big season. But I have to tell you I would rather beat and shut up USuC and FSU fans this year over the Dawgs. I see those as the most important games of the regular season. But this UGA game with Gameday and all the rest might be the most important game for the future of the program. It might be the most important game in Clemson since the 80's. A paradox I guess--the 3rd most important game this season and yet the number 1 most important game for the future of the program development.

This is going to be a fun year! I can not wait for August 31st!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right on the money***

Aug 19, 2013, 9:27 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 711
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic