Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers VS Criminoles --- Head to Head
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,020

Tigers VS Criminoles --- Head to Head

Sep 17, 2012, 1:28 PM

Just another 2 cents worth on the game this week:

If you compare the 3 opponents for each, you have to say that neither are a fair measure of how good either team is so far. I'm sure both have held back on what their ultimate strengths are & haven't shown the gameplans.

I guess that AUBURN would beat WAKE FOREST
I guess that BALL ST. would beat MURRAY ST.
I guess that FURMAN would beat SAVANNAH ST.

So with that being said, Clemson has beaten a little bit better opponent so far. However, Clemson has shown issues on stopping the run & blown pass coverages, which FSU will exploit to no end. Florida State has far better lines on both side of the ball & should put a damper on the Clemson explosive offensive capabilities. Fortunately, Clemson is far better in the skill positions than FSU & they can't cover everyone. If Tajh gets some help up front, he may need to take to a lot of sprint out to deliver the offense. IF Brewer, Meeks & Goodman decide to play smart & limit the big plays, the defense can hold their own. Ultimately, it may come down to field position and the ability of the kicking game of Clemson to give them the edge for the win.

CLEMSON 35 CRIMINOLES 33

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers VS Criminoles --- Head to Head

Sep 17, 2012, 1:33 PM

which FSU will exploit to no end. Florida State has far better lines on both side of the ball & should put a damper on the Clemson explosive offensive capabilities.

I think you're giving FSWho just a bit too much credit and us not quite enough. We match up with them as well as anyone they will play. Our strength vs. their strength. If our D gets them in some passing situations and gets any pressure on EJ things will go just fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Sep 17, 2012, 1:37 PM

We keep them in 3rd and 6+ for most of the night and we win.

They have 3rd and 4 or less most of the night then we will get crushed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Good point...***

Sep 17, 2012, 2:44 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"far better lines"? How could you possibly know? We'll see.***

Sep 17, 2012, 2:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2012, 2:13 PM

actually our OL has looked good this year. they work together well and seem to be good at run and pass blocking.

DL will need to pressure Manuel and keep him contained. I keep thinking of the VT games no one gave us a chance in and those went well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They lost their experienced DE and replaced him with a FR.

Sep 17, 2012, 2:51 PM

Mario Edwards is going to be good and maybe he already is but other than that, it's basically the same defense we faced last year. I don't think that they've improve anymore than we've improved on offense. Our OL is much more physical this year than last, Tajh has a much better grasp of everything, Andre is 100%, Sammy is hungry, and everybody has a full year playing in the spread. I'm not taking anything away from FSU's D but our O isn't getting the accolades it deserves. As you pointed out about our D, gap control and staying home will be the priority.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2012, 3:21 PM

Not sure comparing who we each have played is any way to look at this. The only way to compare teams on paper is by who they both have played before hand. Even then it's rather iffy, and doesn't mean anything in the end. Watching FSU this weekend showed that they can beat up on a smaller, slower team. Watching Clemson this weekend showed that our secondary is sketchy and easily pulled in when the offense wants them to be. I did not watch FSU the first two weeks, but out defense has shown the same gaps in all three games so far. I will watch the game, and surely scream a lot as much as I hate florida state. This game is looming, and I have to admit that as of this moment their offense and our defense has me very concerned.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,020
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic