Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Venables saw progress out of his defense during spring
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: Venables saw progress out of his defense during spring

Jul 28, 2020, 8:01 AM

Venables saw progress out of his defense during spring

Clemson’s defense will look different in 2020 but has a chance to be better with increased depth along the defensive line and athletic playmakers across the back-seven.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Venables saw progress out of his defense during spring

Jul 28, 2020, 9:35 AM

When this cat talks positive, watch out!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

I am looking forward to watching Mike Jones,

Jul 28, 2020, 10:21 AM

I see him as a solid captain, blue collar type LB. like a more athletic Kendall Joseph. Whenever Coach V talks about a player like that, they almost always end up being a no-fuss, solid contributor that you can count on every play; not much of a highlight real guy, but won’t get you into bad situations either. The way he talks about the Safeties.... he says they have a Long way to go tells me: We have insane talent back their, and he wants them to push themselves. I think we have a roster full of highlight reel DBs, more than we’ve had in a Long time, maybe ever.

I love coach V defenses because they change In style and adapt to the current personnel. Not deep on Dline: We have an impact, fun-to-watch back 7. Great Dline? Watch them swarm the backfield every play. I love it!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2020, 12:18 PM

Its crazy to me that despite having an absolute star studded cast on offense the last several years, I sincerely look forward to watching our defense play even more than our gunslingers and skill guys. His defenses are a masterpiece of art in my eyes with all the different looks he mixes in. Orange glasses aside, I think when all is said in done, he will go down in history as one of the best (if not best) defensive minds in college FB has ever seen.

Jul 28, 2020, 12:59 PM

I keep hearing the same thing again and again and again from about ten different people I've talked to now: they love the back seven. They're less enthusiastic about the DL.

Our current DL isn't bad, mind. But the Power Rangers were a breed apart in terms of not just talent but also work ethic and personalities, and aside from maybe Tyler Davis, the current crew is just...not, or not yet, anyhow. (They will miss Logan Rudolph in this regard, apparently.) The true freshmen are expected to push pretty (or possibly very) hard...and the one in particular I keep hearing raves about is actually Myles Murphy. He is apparently a Very Serious Dude. (I also hear, of the older guys, look for Justin Mascoll to make a real push.)

The numbers do supposedly look better. We're probably back to a 4-man line for the most part this year.

But Venables reportedly likes his LB corps. A lot. And there's NFL athletes all over the back end, even if they are still a little green. So we may need another youth infusion on the DL, but the back seven are allegedly hardcore carnivores this year, which you always love to hear.

Jul 28, 2020, 4:41 PM

I gave TU to every single one of u that responded to this post before me because... THANK YALL SO MUCH FOR TALKING PURE FOOTBALL! I have missed that so much on this site!! So thank yall!! GO TIGERS!!

Jul 28, 2020, 8:17 PM

Agree 100%..... great to keep politics and covid out of our football for a change! Get enough of that crap all day long. Go Tigers

Jul 29, 2020, 2:19 PM

I will be honest, I had completely forgotten about Capeheart, but I think he is going to be a darn good one. All in all the middle of the line should be awesome for years with the reent addition of Page. Not sure where all these young studs end up playing but they should be monsterous.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2020, 3:16 PM

Speaking of Dline let’s don’t forget we have another top 100 DT not even mentioned in Tre Williams and don’t forget we gambled on two guys who’s upsides are unlimited in Etinosa Reuben and Ruke Orhorhoro (miracle if I spelled right lol).

We have experienced DT in Senior Nyles Pickney, Junior Jordan Williams, Justin Foster and Sophomore Darnell Jeffries. Not to mention 5 star DE KJ Henry who will have a breakout year in my opinion.

If that’s not loaded we are not living in reality. Anytime in our past we would be very happy with this group.

I can’t wait to see the ones that surprise all of us. We are loaded with young LB talent as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Tigers D will be stout by 11/07 Notre Dame game

Jul 29, 2020, 7:49 PM

As BV states safeties and DB's need to be ready to get to work. I see INT's by Clemson D going up this year as opponents take more chances with new talented DB defenders. I also see Clemson D-Line greatly improved with Breesee and Murphy playing more snaps than starters by year-end. Love Justin Foster and looking for push from Mascoll. X. Thomas will need to bring it this season as others are coming up fast and furiously behind him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic