Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Waiting His Turn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New Story: Waiting His Turn

Sep 3, 2014, 7:01 AM

Waiting His Turn

Freshman wide receiver Tay Scott had an acrobatic 35-yard grab in Saturday's loss at Georgia, and his potential is hard to deny. Scott is waiting his turn, but says when the opportunity to take a bigger role in the offense presents itself, he will take advantage. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that was a very sweet catch

Sep 3, 2014, 7:56 AM

let him play

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

If Cole led him more that could have been a TD

Sep 3, 2014, 8:05 AM

The ball was under thrown and he still made a play on it.

We should have kept throwing it up and allowing the WRs to make a play on it in the second half.

But a pick-six would have made The Chad look bad. He'd rather

Sep 3, 2014, 8:14 AM

go 3 and out repeatedly so any quick scores by UGA are on the defense and he can say it wasn't his fault. All for only $1.3 million per year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Don't remind me. Still trying to forget that debacle***

Sep 3, 2014, 8:30 AM

We have talent that could have kept this game close!

Sep 3, 2014, 8:16 AM [ in reply to If Cole led him more that could have been a TD ]

Tay was interfered with also, those SEC officials quickly threw them flags when we were defending, but here Scott is obviously acosted and no flag even though we would have declined it!

Our coaches are playing not to lose and get you beat every time, let these guys play!

Re: We have talent that could have kept this game close!

Sep 3, 2014, 8:19 AM

Those were ACC officials.

No they weren't, Richt doesn't let other conference

Sep 3, 2014, 8:21 AM

No they weren't, Richt doesn't let other conference officials to call his games in Sanford Stadium. It's why last years game had ACC officials.

Re: No they weren't, Richt doesn't let other conference

Sep 3, 2014, 10:08 AM

those are not only SEC officials, and Richt doesn't determine the officials, the conferences do. it would be too easy for complaints to be lodged if the home team were allowed to use their own conference officials. for FBS, these are usually mixed crews, but these are the officials that called the game on Saturday:

Referee: Tom Ritter; Umpire: Stan Weihe; Linesman: Johnny Crawford; Line judge: Tim Beard; Back Judge: Dax Hill; Field Judge: James Carter; Side Judge: Chuck Ross; Alternate: Matt Austin;

check them out and see who works for SEC and ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2014, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: We have talent that could have kept this game close! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sep 3, 2014, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: We have talent that could have kept this game close! ]

The officials were sec. At Ga. they have it so the home team has their conference officials. Last year we had acc officials. A few teams are insistent on this. Georgia is one of them.

Re: New Story: Waiting His Turn

Sep 3, 2014, 8:14 AM

"WHEN the senior leaves" - that's a great attitude to voice. I know he will get chances every game even with the senior here because no player can run routes the entire game without periods of rest. If you are in the game and get open, the QB will get you the ball - so get out there and show us what you can do young man !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it should be his turn...

Sep 3, 2014, 8:16 AM

right about now

this is a huge game for AH

it's one thing to make the catch, it's another when it's 4 yards behind the LOS, and you get chased out of bounds or fall down

how much of this was just bad play calling, why put Humphries in that position to fail, i think Morris did his Sr. WR no favors by putting him in a bad spot.

Humphries needs to be either 7-8 yrds off the line as a true possession receiver, or downfield blocking.

Tay Scott on the other hand is a completely different type of wide out. Speed, playmaker.

I don't quite see how the coaches can ask them to do the same thing.

Humphries has been catching that and getting yards for 2

Sep 3, 2014, 8:26 AM

years

hth

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Humphries has been catching that and getting yards for 2

Sep 3, 2014, 8:38 AM

Who said he had to keep backing up Humphries...how about Williams who kept dropping passes left and right?

We need PLAY MAKERS. He's one. PLAY him.***

Sep 3, 2014, 9:01 AM

We should be fine at WR this year. MWilliams and Peake

Sep 3, 2014, 9:16 AM

looked pretty good, except for those drops, which they recovered from. GHop and Artavis Scott both showed some flash. Kitt looked good. I think we have enough guys there. It might be time to start limiting Humphries touches, he just doesnt make enough good happen when he has the ball.

Artavis is too good to not be on the field

Sep 3, 2014, 10:11 AM

He's the next Jacobs ford. He's so elusive and as you all saw he can make a helll of a catch. It's going to be fun watching artavis Scott, deon cain ray ray mccloud and mike williams on the field catching passes from deshaun watson. Our offense can shape up to be the most powerful it's ever been. With our incoming o line all the pieces are falling together, if we can just get Ammon lakip right and have a back step up we are going to be absolute helll to play.

But Humphries is such a great blocker... smh

Sep 3, 2014, 11:02 AM

Getting that feeling that Dabo is turning into the new Richt

Tigernet Never Ceases to Amaze Me!

Sep 3, 2014, 12:02 PM

How folks on here can take a great article about a young man that is going to be great player in the future and turn into a b!tch session about Saturday nights game.
Thank goodness y'all LIKE Clemson. I'd hate to see if you were against us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A shout-out to Tay's character

Sep 3, 2014, 12:49 PM

I'm more impressed by Tay's character and tough mental discipline during the game. He has the right attitude about playing time (learn and earn) and his mental focus shows that sports is 80% mental. He seems to be a fine young man and we can expect great things from him this year and beyond.

I suspect he'll be a starter very soon***

Sep 3, 2014, 3:19 PM

shame..all that talent

Sep 3, 2014, 8:32 PM

on the second and 3rd string

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic