Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TigerWoods, Bry...? CB on 247 for Muhammad to us.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

TigerWoods, Bry...? CB on 247 for Muhammad to us.

Apr 10, 2017, 11:44 AM

Just saw that somebody posted a CB for Mustapha Muhammad to Clemson. I know that the CB cannot be completely trusted, but this is strange because I was under the impression that we were done at TE after taking Galloway. Are we looking to take another TE? If so, how do those numbers work out?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: TigerWoods, Bry...? CB on 247 for Muhammad to us.

Apr 10, 2017, 11:47 AM

Why not ask the 247 mod? They get most their info from there and Anna responds back quick.

Apr 10, 2017, 11:48 AM

Interestingly enough, that came from an insider at A&M, who was considered his early favorite/our main competition for him.

Apr 10, 2017, 12:05 PM

Not sure about Muhammad to Clemson, but he's trending away from aTm. Missed their spring game.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Apr 10, 2017, 12:25 PM

Is there any possibility Galloway would grayshirt and be applied to the 2019 class where we have a lot of space and take MM in 2018?

No

Apr 10, 2017, 12:29 PM

He was offered a scholarship and accepted. When was the last time Dabo pulled a scholarship from a kid and asked him to greyshirt. Plus there's a good chance Galloway makes a steady climb up the recruiting rankings. He's got great talent just hasn't played football long.

Re: No

Apr 10, 2017, 12:33 PM

No i agree if it was a full scholarship offer then Dabo wouldn't mess with it. I just didn't remember how the prior greyshirts were reported (when they committed if we knew it was for a greyshirt). I'm excited about him. Highlights looked excellent for somebody with little experience.

Re: No

Apr 10, 2017, 1:02 PM

On the money.

Clemson views Muhammad as an oversign candidate. This class is looking like it could wind up closer to the 15-17 range than the 12-14, which means we're going to push for more DL, more OL, and possibly more DBs (this one's still up in the air).

Current oversign guys include Salyer, Muhammad, Henry, Cook, and possibly Surtain. Plenty of other candidates who are oversign worthy, as well.

I would assume that Muhammad

Apr 10, 2017, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TigerWoods, Bry...? CB on 247 for Muhammad to us. ]

Would be over-sign worthy...if he wants to commit to us on NSD, then come on down!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2017, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TigerWoods, Bry...? CB on 247 for Muhammad to us. ]

How's it looking for Salyer and/or Surtain jr.? Be extra awesome if we could pick up either one of them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2017, 12:39 PM

Sayler is a real strong possibility for our interior OL

Surtain Jr seems to be headed to LSU

Apr 10, 2017, 12:49 PM

Thanks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2017, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TigerWoods, Bry...? CB on 247 for Muhammad to us. ]

Oooohhh this is awesome. I was excited just for Galloway. But the possibility that we land both is unbelievable

Snowflake Basher........Out

Muhammad will be an NSD player

Apr 10, 2017, 12:25 PM

we will keep recruiting him and see how attrition shakes out after the season

Re: Muhammad will be an NSD player

Apr 10, 2017, 12:31 PM

Looks as though maybe Peake needs to look at 247.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2017, 2:34 PM

I'm the one that ask her to respond to the CB so she did. Anna is awesome

Apr 10, 2017, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Muhammad will be an NSD player ]

Agreed. Will all depend on numbers come February next year. If we have a scholly left for him after early departures and our other commitments/signees we'll take him but if we don't have room then we'll stick with one TE

Apr 10, 2017, 5:36 PM

Sign these blue chip kids while your brand is hot. Oversigning is not a bad thing . Big time schools find ways to make the numbers work. This kid can make an immediate impact in his freshman year. Sign him up if he's all in.

Muhammad is an immediate impact guy

Apr 10, 2017, 12:52 PM

anybody would find a way to get him in. d line and other line are the only positions we REALLY had to fill with the 18 class and we're killing it at those positions. Galloway has all the tools but is still green at football so he would likely redshirt and we wouldn't take a te next year in that scenario. also there's no need to fret on the small #s when you have a hit rate like we do. look back at past classes where we'd sign 25+ but half of them you'd never hear from for various reasons (grades, attitude, just not that good). now we're getting guys at the top of our wish list and not being forced into taking chances on fall back players or good players with questionable grades or character. we're in such a good place right now I have to pinch myself!

*o line

Apr 10, 2017, 12:53 PM

auto correct got me

Wouldn't surprise me if we do take two.

Apr 10, 2017, 5:16 PM

And it was made clear a very long time ago that he was our top TE target, according to quotes. Pearman told him he was at the top of our board as far as TE's go. It's hard to replace a guy like Leggett but when you've got versatility at that position it certainly changes the game. Plus it creates on heck of a mismatch for the defense.

“I love Clemson because they made it to the National Championship game,” Muhammad said. “They have a lot of talent over there. They’re also really good, they use the tight end pretty well. I have a good relationship with Coach (Danny) Pearman. Coach Pearman is recruiting me hard. He told me I’m the top tight end in 2018 and he really likes me.”

Other TE prospects include Tyneil Hopper, Will Mallory and James Mitchell. Both Mitchell and Mallory hold offers from Clemson with Mallory being ranked my #2 overall prospect at his position. Jeremy Ruckert (6-6 235) of Lindenhurst, NY sits atop the TE rankings.

So far as the number of recruits we take, I believe we're likely to take more than was originally noted. I wouldn't be surprised if our boys actually sign around 15 but that number could increase to the 16-18 range.

THAT'S FUNNY!!!!! tigerbry!!!!!***

Apr 10, 2017, 5:20 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wouldn't surprise me if we do take two.

Apr 10, 2017, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Wouldn't surprise me if we do take two. ]

OK, that's awesome. Are those stars in Venables eyes?

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic