Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Reports: Bryant sets SEC school visit, another ACC school pursuing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

TNET: Reports: Bryant sets SEC school visit, another ACC school pursuing

Oct 11, 2018, 2:31 PM

Reports: Bryant sets SEC school visit, another ACC school pursuing

Former Clemson quarterback Kelly Bryant has two visits lined up per multiple reports, going to North Carolina this weekend and Arkansas the next. Arkansas is co Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNCheat, then Arky, then...

Oct 11, 2018, 2:35 PM

Rutgers, then Oregon St.

THE WORLD IS HIS OYSTER!!!

~JKB

TigerNet should follow Dabo's example...

Oct 11, 2018, 2:35 PM

by not talking about players who are no longer here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: TigerNet should follow Dabo's example...

Oct 11, 2018, 2:41 PM

Thus the end of all boards like this. This is the reason for chat boards correct? To discuss?

Oct 11, 2018, 4:44 PM

Some would prefer a virtual North Korea where everyone parrots the same things and all is PC

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2018, 2:47 PM [ in reply to TigerNet should follow Dabo's example... ]

Would that include Nuk, DW4, Vic B, Sammy and all the other NFLers Dabo promotes on every given Sunday?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Perhaps Biggie would like a do over?***

Oct 11, 2018, 3:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oct 11, 2018, 2:54 PM [ in reply to TigerNet should follow Dabo's example... ]

YES!!

Move on nothing to see here.

Oct 11, 2018, 4:45 PM [ in reply to TigerNet should follow Dabo's example... ]

Tigenet News started it with the article. Get mad at Crump or whoever is behind the curtain.

Image result for the great Oz behind the curtain

Oct 11, 2018, 5:40 PM [ in reply to TigerNet should follow Dabo's example... ]

Kinda like asking The New York Post not to write about 9/11...Kinda naive...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Reports: Bryant sets SEC school visit, another ACC school pursuing

Oct 11, 2018, 2:39 PM

Would love to see him at Ark with Chad. That would feel like he is still with somewhat extended family. Hard to imagine him wearing Tarheel blue

Oct 11, 2018, 2:54 PM

Really?? Should we really care what color he wears? At what school is he going to beat out a top-rate QB?? He took his toys and went home. Sick of hearing about it. Jacksonville State, maybe! Adios.

Stop hating

Oct 11, 2018, 4:08 PM

Last year Clemson was Ranked #1 in the nation going into the CFP. You all act as if KB didn't have anything to do with it. This year Clemson has the easiest schedule and we struggle with Texas and Syracuse.

He lost to Alabama, the most successful team in college football over the last 5 years.

Understand you may not want to talk about him, but facts are facts.

Contrary to local post TNET'ers don't know everything... But Coaches know that KB is a winner. Move on if you must.. but don't make up stuff.

Re: Stop hating

Oct 11, 2018, 7:52 PM

We were ranked #1 in spite of the fact that KB was our quarterback, not because of it!!!

Oct 12, 2018, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Stop hating ]

Tejas A$M , Chief .

DB23

Oct 12, 2018, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Stop hating ]

The reason why we struggled was because of the guy that left

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2018, 2:42 PM

Which guy are you referring to?

Marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39 = tiger michael = Reggaeman

Oct 16, 2018, 8:06 PM

Oct 16, 2018, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Stop hating ]

Kelly Bryant is a good college QB who is a long shot to play QB in the NFL.

His numbers were very similar to Ohio State's J.T. Barrett's. As a junior, Barrett also had a terrible playoff semi-final against the future national champions. (You might remember that game.) They're also similar to Tim Tebow's numbers his last two years at Florida. Both were very successful in college, but not in the NFL.

Compared to Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence's high school highlights, he looks awful. But it's not that he's bad, it's that those two are really good. He's a good college QB between two rare talents.
KB was playing well when he lost the starting job. Lawrence is just that good.

We lost a lot more than DW4 on our offense and it was quite an accomplishment to get us back to the playoffs. We won a lot of big ballgames because of KB, especially on the road. It's no coincidence that the one game we lost was the one where KB was injured. It's not a fluke that KB beat out 5* Hunter Johnson last season, nor is it a fluke that KB was named the starter out of camp.

A lot of teams would love to have a QB who can do that.

Oct 16, 2018, 8:57 PM

"Kelly Bryant is a good college QB who is a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot to play QB in the NFL." - fixed it fer ya'.

Oct 11, 2018, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Bryant sets SEC school visit, another ACC school pursuing ]

Could care less at this point. he left the Clemson family when he left thew high and dry. We almost didn't win the Cuse game. Screw him

Oct 11, 2018, 4:19 PM

Exactly how much less could you care?

Oct 12, 2018, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Bryant sets SEC school visit, another ACC school pursuing ]

We should care??

Arkansas would be a great fit

Oct 11, 2018, 2:42 PM

and they really need some QB help.

Re: Arkansas would be a great fit

Oct 11, 2018, 2:56 PM

And he'll probably be 3rd string.

He can't read an option any better than Cole.

Oct 12, 2018, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Arkansas would be a great fit ]

The main difference between the two is Cole's passing is the better of the two but Kelly's is better at running. He and Chad will make each other miserable. I'd be surprised if Chad takes him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Won't have NFL career so should go to best academic school***

Oct 11, 2018, 2:48 PM

Oct 11, 2018, 2:52 PM

He should avoid UNC because next fall he will face XT coming at his blindside ??

Oct 11, 2018, 3:04 PM

WHO CARES? Not me! I don’t follow players going to other colleges.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2018, 3:07 PM

Well then why did you click the article? I love Kelly B and support him in all his future endeavors!

YeP..going with Razarbacks, the Chad & today's 4.5* WR get would be perfect!

Oct 11, 2018, 3:09 PM

Gut eR Done KB2!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2018, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Bryant sets SEC school visit, another ACC school pursuing ]

Nice response... made my day! TRUTH!

Oct 12, 2018, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Bryant sets SEC school visit, another ACC school pursuing ]

I'm sure that your "love" will elevate him to being an outstanding QB. Dream on.

And again, I say, what does this have to do with Clemson

Oct 11, 2018, 3:21 PM

football. Kelly has made his decision NOT to be a Clemson Tiger. Okay, he has the right. I wish him well, but I also wish him "gone."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And again, I say, what does this have to do with Clemson

Oct 12, 2018, 2:46 PM

Amen!!

Oct 11, 2018, 3:24 PM

Reports: Bryant sets SEC school visit, another ACC school pursuing

Former Clemson quarterback Kelly Bryant has two visits lined up per multiple reports, going to North Carolina this weekend and Arkansas the next. Arkansas is co Read Update »

I love TigerNet....but for the Love of God, can we PLEASE not post anymore about KB has gone or is going. Dabo doesn’t want to hear anymore and neither do I. LET HIM GO!!!!

Oct 12, 2018, 2:48 PM

More than "let him go," buy his ticket----one way!!! Remember, he not only left, but trashed our coaches on the way out. Jacksonville State----maybe.

Oct 12, 2018, 3:13 PM

Wow, Jacksonville State! That means he'll be a Gamecock?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Bryant sets SEC school visit, another ACC school pursuing ]

Jacksonville State already has a Clemson QB -Zerrick Cooper.

Who?***

Oct 11, 2018, 4:07 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Oct 11, 2018, 4:13 PM

Its Funny, for people that don't want TNet to post KB news.. We sure read and comment on what KB is doing... Drive friendly...

Part of me thinks that KB

Oct 11, 2018, 4:38 PM

Really wanted the ego-stroke of this free agency process. Instead of battling to help his team however he could, he wanted a bunch of outsiders to pat him on the head and tell him that he’s special.

What does the other part of you think?***

Oct 11, 2018, 4:41 PM

Re: Part of me thinks that KB

Oct 11, 2018, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Part of me thinks that KB ]

He will find that all the head-patting in the world doesn't guarantee 12 starts.

If he fails to change his play, coaches will view him as a wasted one-year scholarship and pull him in favor of younger, more team-oriented guys. No head coach in D1 can expend an entire season indulging Kelly's wildcat fantasy.

I hope he chooses his school wisely. He is, in effect, down to his third strike. Unless he chokes up on the bat, he's gonna whiff again in very inglorious fashion. When that happens I will not be glad to say "I told you so." But it will serve as an object lesson to all those who said that Kelly has to do what's best for him and fail to realize that AT THIS STAGE sticking with his team was what was best for him.

Sure, he has a right to learn the hard way. Just like I have a right to call it the hard way.

Oct 12, 2018, 2:51 PM

Great post. At what major D-1 program is KB going to beat out their QBs??? Really interested to hear.

Oct 11, 2018, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Part of me thinks that KB ]

These outsiders would be the ones who read his resume, not the ones who have tried to teach him his reads.

Oct 11, 2018, 5:16 PM

At some point in time I hope all you people that are wishing him to do bad and pissed off at him for leaving will take a moment to look at what he to look forward to beyond Clemson.He is looking out for what is best for his future. But, Dabo would tell you that the program is about prparing for what's beyond Clemson. It's not always about the team, but about a young man growing up and doing what is best for him. Nobody cared this much when the other qbs left for a better chance. It is no different for him. God speed and we wish you the best in all you do KB.

Some of us are pissed that he left AND hope he does well

Oct 11, 2018, 5:32 PM

wherever he goes (exception for if he plays against Clemson). I am pissed that he left his teammates when they needed his leadership. The difference in his departure and the others is timing. As a fan, I care about what’s best for the team, not what an individual player thinks is best for him. It’s not best for the team to have him leave mid-season.

IMO, he should have redshirted here and come out next year in a different position. He wants to be QB1 though...

It’s not that he left...

Oct 11, 2018, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Bryant sets SEC school visit, another ACC school pursuing ]

It’s the WAY he left. I have no issue with him trying to better himself. The issue I have is the comments he made on his way out, throwing the coaching staff under the bus. Dabo has given him every chance to excel. He also gave him quite a bit of praise throughout the process. I lost all respect for KB because of his parting shots at our coaching staff. I wish him no evil, just ready to get behind the guys that are here and quit hearing noise about guys that chose to leave.

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s not that he left...

Oct 11, 2018, 7:23 PM

Very well said. I hope Kelly excels wherever he goes. But if he chooses to play for a team that plays Clemson I hope we wear his tail out .... just the same as I feel about any other QB we play against.

Re: It’s not that he left...

Oct 12, 2018, 7:25 AM [ in reply to It’s not that he left... ]

Exactly he was told from the very beginning what he was up against, this was no surprise, or as he said a slap in the face. He didn’t perform like many that have come before him that were sidelined by the higher performance of a younger player! We have never heard senior players that were sidelined in the past by the younger ones whine like this! I always thought he was more a competitor than what he showed! Wish him well, but believe he should probably transfer to an SEC or other conference, but not to a school that could face the Tigers! Let’s move on!!!!

Oct 12, 2018, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Bryant sets SEC school visit, another ACC school pursuing ]

Will he then stop trashing Clemson??

Talented players are always trying to make it to the pros

Oct 11, 2018, 5:57 PM

KB knows that he did not do enough at Clemson to get him to the pros. And he knows he wasn't likely to get more exposure this year. So he's doing the smart thing: he's looking for a stage to showcase his talent. If you have aspirations of playing in the pros, every college game you play is just a tryout for the next level. I don't see his leaving as any different than players who declare for the NFL after three years. It doesn't seem any different from Hunter Johnson's leaving. We've had plenty of players transfer, looking for more playing time. The timing looked bad (he was just taking advantage of a suspect rule), and I'm sorry he showed his a$$ a little on the way out, but it was just a business decision. He gave three years to Clemson, and he got his degree. He's just looking ahead now. I have no idea how it will work out for him, but I don't blame him for following his dreams.

This “business decision” rhetoric is WAY overused

Oct 11, 2018, 8:40 PM

KB is not in a position to make a business decision. He is a collegiate athlete with absolutely 0 chance of making it in the NFL as a quarterback. Not a starter, not a backup journeyman. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional.

By the way, this assessment would not have changed had KB continued to start at Clemson. He is a known commodity at this point. Nothing magical is going to happen with his game over the next year. This “business decision” and “do what’s best for me and my future” chatter is just cover for him to go be a big fish in a small pond for one more year.

You don't know until you try

Oct 12, 2018, 9:51 AM

The future might turn out just as you predict. Or maybe it won't. I don't know if Bryant can make it to the NFL, even if he has a great season somewhere next year. But I know he definitely won't make it if he doesn't try. I don't believe that his ultimate goal is one more year of glory. Why shouldn't he pursue his dream? He's auditioning for his next job, and I think he has a shot. I can't blame him for not wanting to head back to the bench. He didn't come here to get a "good soldier" medal.

Can you explain

Oct 12, 2018, 10:53 AM

Exactly what about his game translates to the NFL? Also, maybe point to other QB's in college who have similar stlyes that have succeeded in the NFL? Please expand on why you think he has a shot to play professionally.

Re: Can you explain

Oct 12, 2018, 11:19 AM

Look at what Taysom Hill is doing for the Saints, or Joe Webb. Hill the emergency QB that’s playing short yardage and special teams. That’s certainly an avanue for KB because of limited rosters. Utility players that can be QBs add calue and they’re assets.

He can also be like a Brad Smith, Terrelle Pryor, or Matt Jones. But if he changes positions now and it doesn’t work he won’t get a shot. If he play QB then teams will take a chance at the unknown. All you need is an opportunity.

Re: Can you explain

Oct 12, 2018, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Can you explain ]

Look at what Taysom Hill is doing for the Saints, or Joe Webb. Hill the emergency QB that’s playing short yardage and special teams. That’s certainly an avanue for KB because of limited rosters. Utility players that can be QBs add calue and they’re assets.

He can also be like a Brad Smith, Terrelle Pryor, or Matt Jones. But if he changes positions now and it doesn’t work he won’t get a shot. If he play QB then teams will take a chance at the unknown. All you need is an opportunity.

We'll call this reaching, at best***

Oct 12, 2018, 11:22 AM

Re: Talented players are always trying to make it to the pros

Oct 12, 2018, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Talented players are always trying to make it to the pros ]

If it's a "business decision" then why trash the coaches on your way out. Cry-baby!! He was not given a "fair shot" by Dabo?? Huh??? Is there a more fair coach in the land than Dabo? Can anyone with a straight face say that KB is anywhere near the talent level of Trevor---a generational talent, perhaps the best QB to ever play for us to date. Was Dabo's primary obligation to the team, the university, and the fan base, or to a disgruntled player who got legitimately beat out at his position? And Kelly will play in the NFL?? Seriously??? He needs to get back on his medication.

A lot of people want to move on

Oct 11, 2018, 11:51 PM

But I am curious about this situation still. Who’s to say Louisville (who I could see doing this) wouldn’t promise him the moon just to get him on board to milk him for our playbook. Then toss him aside 5 games in, ending his career simply to get an edge on a team that will go into that game heavily favored. I think they will have to tweak this rule over the off season.

NO MAS!!!!!!! Move on

Oct 12, 2018, 7:39 AM

No longer part of the Tigers. Pls let it go

Re: A lot of people want to move on

Oct 12, 2018, 3:08 PM [ in reply to A lot of people want to move on ]

Food for thought.

Oct 12, 2018, 8:39 AM

No mas, por favor!

If you're not interested, don't click the link

Oct 12, 2018, 9:54 AM

I'm still interested. Obviously, others are too, whether they are Bryant supporters or not.

so he is going to a school to take the spot

Oct 12, 2018, 1:49 PM

from a guy who has done everything at said school the coaches asked of him ? the irony

Re: so he is going to a school to take the spot

Oct 12, 2018, 3:11 PM

And what school would that be. Not Purdue----They already have a far better QB than Kelly---Hunter Johnson.

No they don't. Hunter Johnson is at Northwestern.***

Oct 16, 2018, 8:40 PM

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic