Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Net never fails to leave me shaking my head ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 75
| visibility 1

Tiger Net never fails to leave me shaking my head ....

Sep 20, 2013, 1:04 PM

1. I am sick of the posts & comments where people on here are pseudo defending Battle. The "what he did was wrong, but ..." type posts. Folks, jawing is part of sports. The State guy was jawing, not taunting. And we played like crap and State earned the right to jaw. And they were ripped off on that TD. I've seen the pic, there is green between his foot and the sideline. So just stop! You make CU fans look bush league. There is NO excuse4 for what Battle did. None. It was chicken #####! I'm embarrassed by it as an alum. That nonsense is NEVER acceptable, but esp not at Clemson. Had the roles been reverse and a State player done that to one of our guys TNET would be in meltdown mode and want the kid kicked off the team. This board is full of deluded hypocrites that think our players & coaches walk on water and not only can they do no wrong, but to even criticize or 2nd guess anything they say or do makes you a "coot". Whatever! The ACC/NCAA will probably "by rule" suspend Battle for the next game, but if I were HC he'd sit two out and for the next two weeks he'd run the stadium steps every day after practice till he puked!

2. We are NOT the #3 team in the country. Not yet. Oregon & Bama would eat our lunch. And we can stop the "Boyd for Heisman" talk. Tajh has played like crap the past two games. Clemson and our players historically in every sport tend to play down to our opponents and perform better as underdogs. We handle success poorly.

3. Dabo is NOT going to Bama if Saban left. He won't even be on the short list. I know Bama fans & alums. They think Dabo is a joke, soft, and NOT what Bama needs or wants. He'd be Shula 2.0 and they ain't having that! So please stop all the nonsensical Dabo to Bama talk. Besides, the odds are small that Saban would leave anyway making it a moot point. Not only that, but Clemson gave Dabo the opportunity of a lifetime as HC when no other big time program would hire him as an WR coach, much less OC, had TB and his entire staff been fired. If Dabo is half the man people on TNET think he is, he would never disrespect Clemson and leave given what we have done for him. Period. Even for Bama. But again, Bama ain't coming callin' for Dabo even if Saban did leave!

Flame away!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clearly he was out.***

Sep 20, 2013, 1:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

No he was not. TV didnt show it and the pic floating around

Sep 20, 2013, 1:09 PM

online is blurry at best and there is color between his white shoe and the white sideline. If it were Sammie Watkins you'd be saying he was IN.

Re: No he was not. TV didnt show it and the pic floating around

Sep 20, 2013, 1:15 PM

^where's the green there? huh?

Sep 20, 2013, 1:16 PM

or here?

Even less conclusive.***

Sep 20, 2013, 1:21 PM

Re: Even less conclusive.***

Sep 20, 2013, 1:30 PM

Pretty sure you should back down on this one guy. You're clearly wrong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Even less conclusive.***

Sep 20, 2013, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Even less conclusive.*** ]

no it's even more..

Note the color around that area of their shoe...hmm....guess it's not quite a shadow..and all three of those shots show the foot clearly on the edge of the line. Rules are if it toucheds the line in any amount, it's called out of bounds...it can be the edge of the foot (which in this case it was the outmost widest part of his foor), it's still out of bounds..doesn't have to fully be on the line...even a toe on edge is oout of bounds. And you can see that in all those shots unless you are trying to pretend.

Sep 20, 2013, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: No he was not. TV didnt show it and the pic floating around ]

I think that maybe he has that pecking in chit virus. It causes selective blindness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a poor quality pic and NOT conclussive. The funny

Sep 20, 2013, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: No he was not. TV didnt show it and the pic floating around ]

thing is, rather than cry and whine about that play you folks need to focus on the real issue. Our defenses inability to close out teams, stop drives, and continually giving up big plays. That's the real big picture issue.

Re: That's a poor quality pic and NOT conclussive. The funny

Sep 20, 2013, 2:43 PM

your right, your team did have trouble stopping UGA, sorry coot

translated:

Sep 20, 2013, 2:49 PM [ in reply to That's a poor quality pic and NOT conclussive. The funny ]

BwakBwakBwakBwakBwakBwak....CluckCluck....BwakBwakBwakBwakBwakBwak....CluckCluck

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2013, 1:15 PM [ in reply to No he was not. TV didnt show it and the pic floating around ]

the color is the sole of his shoe you twit / coot

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: No he was not. TV didnt show it and the pic floating around

Sep 20, 2013, 1:27 PM

I had to ask that question to a many a coot last night. What color is the bottom of his shoe?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: No he was not. TV didnt show it and the pic floating around

Sep 20, 2013, 1:43 PM

Sep 20, 2013, 2:19 PM [ in reply to No he was not. TV didnt show it and the pic floating around ]

if he were in, the white line beside his foot would be straight. clearly, the white line is not straight, meaning part of his foot is covering the white line. simple as that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Only one view of that play counted. OB***

Sep 20, 2013, 2:19 PM [ in reply to No he was not. TV didnt show it and the pic floating around ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I need to get some gasoline first. Where will you be?***

Sep 20, 2013, 1:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I smell Chicken !

Sep 20, 2013, 1:08 PM

No seriously, I'm having lunch at Chick-fila.

I love the #4. Had it yesterday. Spicey chicken deluxe!!***

Sep 20, 2013, 1:10 PM

^^^^^^^Feathers Ruffled^^^^^^^^***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GERMANS...***

Couldn't go through a whole post without talking about Dabo

Sep 20, 2013, 1:09 PM

Could you? Geez I don't know who's worse you or Spurrier.

Here's a clue dude. After 5 years, it's kinda getting old. Find some new material.

It's perfectly relevant since the board is talking about him

Sep 20, 2013, 1:12 PM

to Bama. I didn't bash Dabo. Didn't go out of my way to talk about him. I addressed a hot topic on the board.

People talking down to us. lutz***

Sep 20, 2013, 1:10 PM

I, on behalf of Tigernet, do hereby invite you to leave and

Sep 20, 2013, 1:11 PM

never come back.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

not gonna happen

Sep 20, 2013, 1:13 PM

this is his 3rd handle that we know of

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Naturally since any alum being even remotely objective will

Sep 20, 2013, 1:13 PM [ in reply to I, on behalf of Tigernet, do hereby invite you to leave and ]

not be tolerated by the delusional Kool Aid crowd!

Re: Naturally since any alum being even remotely objective will

Sep 20, 2013, 1:32 PM

lol @ you being an alum. How many screen names is this for you now?

null

FlaTiger66, Blue_Caddy, Lowcountry_Ranconteur ...... I only

Sep 20, 2013, 1:54 PM

get banned because common sense and objectivity bring out the haters. It's easier to ban me than the Kool Aid crowd.

Re: FlaTiger66, Blue_Caddy, Lowcountry_Ranconteur ...... I only

Sep 20, 2013, 2:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: FlaTiger66, Blue_Caddy, Lowcountry_Ranconteur ...... I only

Sep 20, 2013, 2:29 PM [ in reply to FlaTiger66, Blue_Caddy, Lowcountry_Ranconteur ...... I only ]

yea that is why you get banned.... lol you really are delusional.

null

Re: Tiger Net never fails to leave me shaking my head ....***

Sep 20, 2013, 1:12 PM

Re: Tiger Net never fails to leave me shaking my head ....

Sep 20, 2013, 1:16 PM

Does your head shaking come from Parkinson's. Or is it just habit from looking at all those chickens pecking in chit at billy brice.

This guy....

Sep 20, 2013, 1:20 PM

Re: This guy....

Sep 20, 2013, 1:25 PM

Are those coot fans. They act like they are smelling chicken chit on their fingers.

I've reviewed your posting history Edisto. You have to be

Sep 20, 2013, 1:20 PM

one of the most negative, miserable people in the world. I find your attitiude despicable.

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

He "Pulled a Jesse Palmer"***

Sep 20, 2013, 1:21 PM

LOL! I'm the exact opposite of that and trust me anyone that

Sep 20, 2013, 1:24 PM [ in reply to I've reviewed your posting history Edisto. You have to be ]

knows me personally will tell you that. Additionally, my posts are bang on, objective, factual. Being honest and objective isn't negative. But it is to insecure petty minded people that flock to TNET for validation. All hail the Kool Aid.

Re: LOL! I'm the exact opposite of that and trust me anyone that

Sep 20, 2013, 1:30 PM

Hailing to the kool Aid, is much better than inhaling chicken chit.

I do neither. I hope USC loses every game in every sport. I

Sep 20, 2013, 1:32 PM

hate that school, that city, and almost all of their dbag fans.

Re: I do neither. I hope USC loses every game in every sport. I

Sep 20, 2013, 2:46 PM

Southern Cal isn't that bad, come on...

your post was an opinion, not factual.....***

Sep 20, 2013, 2:05 PM [ in reply to LOL! I'm the exact opposite of that and trust me anyone that ]

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Dabo ain't goin to Bama, we played like crap 2 weeks in a

Sep 20, 2013, 2:14 PM

row, and there is NO excuse for Battle's actions, which should be flatly condemned. All FACTS!

Those are all your opinion.

Sep 20, 2013, 2:15 PM

you obviously do not understand the difference between fact and opinion.

you can not PROVE any of those statements

lol. This isn't science. And there are plenty of universal

Sep 20, 2013, 2:18 PM

facts that can't be proven.

And again, those are your opinions.***

Sep 20, 2013, 2:21 PM

Re: lol. This isn't science. And there are plenty of universal

Sep 20, 2013, 2:29 PM [ in reply to lol. This isn't science. And there are plenty of universal ]

If they cant be proven then they arent facts you fing moron. They are either Theory or Opinion. Sure as hell are not facts.

null

No

Sep 20, 2013, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Dabo ain't goin to Bama, we played like crap 2 weeks in a ]

thats your OPINION! And its worthless.

Re: Dabo ain't goin to Bama, we played like crap 2 weeks in a

Sep 20, 2013, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Dabo ain't goin to Bama, we played like crap 2 weeks in a ]

U are right on every point..simply no excuse for how we played last night.. I thought we had seen the last of this POOR EFFORT but instead we have it 2 weeks in a row!!if we play like that the rest of the schedule we?????????????????
State is POOR TEAM and they played better than we did

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL***

Sep 20, 2013, 3:17 PM

Naw: Blue Caddy was just as bad. It's like they were twins***

Sep 20, 2013, 3:00 PM [ in reply to I've reviewed your posting history Edisto. You have to be ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ahh Blue_Caddy...always a pleasure***

Sep 20, 2013, 1:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate it when people assume they're more "objective"

Sep 20, 2013, 1:33 PM

Simply because they disagree with their own team's fanbase.

Yeah, we're defending our team's player from over the top criticism, and many would probably react differently if it was the other way around. But, I have not seen anyone say Battle's punch was justified or the right thing to do.

And, yes, we will argue that the NC State player's foot was on the line. If it's not clear cut (and by the pic floating around it's not) then there is room for argument.

Don't assume that outside opinions are automatically correct, and fanbase opinions are not. There are biases everywhere, and challenging other people's claims is usually not a bad thing

Sep 20, 2013, 1:33 PM

poor blue cootie.

null

If this is all so far beneath you...

Sep 20, 2013, 1:38 PM

Why stoop so low to come down here and mingle with the commoners? You're not actually considering the thought of changing peoples minds I hope. Cause yknow that would just be kind of dumb.

I love coot logic... we arent #3, because...

Sep 20, 2013, 1:52 PM

#1 and #2 are better!

Are you serious?

And oh, by the way, WE ARE the #3 team in the nation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not what I wrote, but nice try.***

Sep 20, 2013, 1:56 PM

So, is it because Tajh wasnt sharp, that why we arent #3?

Sep 20, 2013, 1:59 PM

BTW, That is what you wrote...

We are NOT the #3 team in the country. Not yet. Oregon & Bama would eat our lunch.
and then you ramble about how Tajh isnt Heisman material.

Message was edited by: elwyn07®

Message was edited by: elwyn07®

You don't read and comp well. What I wrote and your

Sep 20, 2013, 2:07 PM

interpretation are two different things. Bama & Oregon would indeed bast us. Nowhere did I say we aren't #3 because they are 1 & 2. We aren't the 3rd best team in the country based on our play. Rankings don't reflect who the best teams are but their win/loss record and lots of bias and conjecture which is why people have wanted a playoff for over 30 years!!

Re: You don't rite good

Sep 20, 2013, 2:15 PM

Usually, when one makes an argument, it is followed by evidence to back up said argument.

In your case, you are now making the case that you made an argument and followed it up with random, inconsequential statements. I cant figure out how I missed that, my bad.

Wrong. I made comments that you incorrectly interpreted.***

Sep 20, 2013, 2:19 PM

You read/heard what you wanted, not what I wrote/said.***

Sep 20, 2013, 2:20 PM

One question....

Sep 20, 2013, 2:23 PM

Can you choose to play defense?

If my hunch is correct, I know your answer...

Re: One question....

Sep 20, 2013, 2:27 PM

Wrong guy. Blue Cootie is a moron but he is no Stanley.

null

Dang it...If only as was as good of an investigator as

Sep 20, 2013, 2:30 PM

soccerkrzy...

Re: Dang it...If only as was as good of an investigator as

Sep 20, 2013, 2:31 PM

This guy and Stanley have two different posting style. Both are equally pathetic though.

null

The itching and scratching from a plague

Sep 20, 2013, 2:02 PM

of poultry lice can be cured by modern veterinary pharmaceuticals. You oughta give it a shot. Perhaps, then your "opinion" might not require constant changing of your internet "handle"

I agree on #1 and parts of #2...

Sep 20, 2013, 2:10 PM

Battle's actions were unacceptable. If you want to be a thug on the field and smile about it on the sidelines, go to the middle of the state, put a chicken on your helmet and play in the "mighty" SEC. We're Clemson, and we're better than that.

As for point #2, you're dead on in that we've never handled success well. Put yourself in the opponent's mindset: playing #3 on national TV - this is the game you're most up for...and we're going to get that every week. You're not playing the NC State that squeaked by Richmond last week, you're playing the NC State that wants to beat the #3 team on national TV.

I hate the Heisman talk...almost as much as I hate reading that we're going to blow out an opponent in a game coming up. Play hard every play and take nothing for granted. Win, and if awards happen, so be it. Spend too much time thinking about it, and you likely lose a game you should win...and we know what ESPN is waiting to do when that happens...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talk to a few Bama fans or alumni. Dabo will never be hired

Sep 20, 2013, 2:16 PM

by Bama as a HC nor coordinator. Neverrrrr!

You sound like a woman***

Sep 20, 2013, 2:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

during that time of the month, i might add.

Sep 20, 2013, 2:26 PM

jeez, lighten up, edisto.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2013, 2:46 PM

the block on the run was clearlt illegal so play should have come back anyway

You got 8 scoks?

Sep 20, 2013, 2:50 PM

Dood, I'm gaining respect by the minute.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So far, 8 other Coots approve of this thread.***

Sep 20, 2013, 2:51 PM

Ooo-kkkk.....

Sep 20, 2013, 3:49 PM

I see someone isn't having a good day here.

hahahahaha....
Agree with some of your thoughts, but some..ehh,not so
much.

:)

Replies: 75
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic