Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Band Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,538

Tiger Band Question

Dec 2, 2018, 10:04 AM

Sat next to the band last night. Do ACC policy’s require bands can only play at certain times (not referring to during plays) schedule due to not overplaying when the other band is playing?
Felt they could have energized the crowd a little more...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard them loud and clear on TV. Sounded Good. I liked

Dec 2, 2018, 10:34 AM

Rage Defense at first but they have gotten too cute with it by adding too many versions. I also don't understand why they seem to have quit playing some of the stands cheers they came up with a few years back like "rIde the tiger" and the jazz cheer that are on the CD from a few years ago. You never hear those. They need more of that kind of thing so the crowd participates too like the 1st Down "Go" cheer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I heard them loud and clear on TV. Sounded Good. I liked

Dec 2, 2018, 10:39 AM

Pitt fans do get into their cheers.

Re: I heard them loud and clear on TV. Sounded Good. I liked

Dec 2, 2018, 10:39 AM [ in reply to I heard them loud and clear on TV. Sounded Good. I liked ]

Pitt fans do get into their cheers.

Re: Tiger Band Question

Dec 2, 2018, 11:14 AM

Only problem with the band is when they Celebrate with Tiger Rag on a third down defensive stop when it is obvious the opposing offense will be going for it on 4th down. Need a little more "football awareness " at times.

Dec 2, 2018, 11:37 AM

Back in the 80’s , there was common respect between band directors to no play over the other band. Don’t know how it’s done now. We weren’t restricted back then on how much we played. But whatever band beat the other to start of a song on break, got to finish out before the other band played

Usually, on timeout, you had time for one song back in the day. So whatever band was the quickest got to play. I do recall that if we were beat out, we were ready and queued up for the next break or time out.

Dec 2, 2018, 11:44 AM

Always grateful to our band! They bring a dynamic without which we would have a lousy atmosphere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for amswering my question...

Dec 2, 2018, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Band Question ]

Love the Tiger Band,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2018, 12:46 PM

NCAA rule.

Bands cannot perform during plays or officiating calls, otherwise the team the band represents gets a 15 yard penalty. If Tiger Band plays during the snap or during the play, Clemson gets a 15 yard penalty.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,538
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic