Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ticket policy question...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Ticket policy question...

Aug 27, 2013, 4:04 PM

Have heard that it is now LEGAL to sell for over face value. When did this change and where is the ticket policy that covers this?

Thanks and GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ticket policy question...

Aug 27, 2013, 4:22 PM

Irrelevant. Nobody cares about this anti-capitalistic law anyway.

StubHub routinely sells tickets over face value.

http://ryankantor.com/2013/08/27/pre-season-acc-power-rankings/

Aug 27, 2013, 4:23 PM

I realize it happens thousands of times, but, had someone question me about it. I heard that Clemson changed their policy on this but I am unable to find anything to suggest they actually did.

Aug 27, 2013, 4:27 PM

I realize it happens thousands of times, but, I had someone question me about it. I heard that Clemson changed their policy on this but I am unable to find anything to suggest they actually did.

Aug 27, 2013, 5:29 PM

and a lower deck ticket between th 40s actual cost from Clemson for one season ticket is 1080.00

State law prohibits the sale of tickets....

Aug 27, 2013, 4:31 PM

for more than $1.00 over the stated face value. However, this law does not apply to on-line sales.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: State law prohibits the sale of tickets....

Aug 27, 2013, 4:43 PM

Then how come all the guys are out at the stadium selling for way over face value?

Same reason guys sell weed***

Aug 27, 2013, 4:47 PM

chubhub.com***

Aug 27, 2013, 8:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It's the risk/reward factor...

Aug 27, 2013, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: State law prohibits the sale of tickets.... ]

The expected return of an investment versus the amount of risk undertaken to capture the return.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 27, 2013, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: State law prohibits the sale of tickets.... ]

City of Clemson police DO care about the ticket sales and open container and do arrest or fine people for doing it where they are the law. But when you cross the street and step on Clemson University campus, the campus Police are the authority and they've got more important things to worry about on gameday. This is per the scalpers and the nice Clemson Policemen who let me just pour my beer out one time, that I asked these questions too.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Aug 27, 2013, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: State law prohibits the sale of tickets.... ]

Its very hard to police. I have seen two guys arrested for scalping in 30 years of going to games. I guess its not worth using undercover officers for scalping stings.

Also, its easy to get around the law. A police cannot offer you more than the legal amount and then arrest you for taking it. I have always heard that is condidered entrapment. I believe it must be true because when its a big ticket the scalper usually makes you name price. There is one guy who scalps at both our games, plus panther gsmes and concerts. When you ask him how much he will say "legally I can only ask for a dollar over face value but I was hoping someone will offer me more." If you dont offer more you ain't getting the ticket.

Once Clemson started

Aug 27, 2013, 4:45 PM

getting a cut off of Stubhub

Who is charged if caught...seller or buyer?

Aug 27, 2013, 5:01 PM

Or both?

Re: Who is charged if caught...seller or buyer?

Aug 27, 2013, 9:42 PM

Not sure now but it used to be illegal for buyer and seller.

Just throw a Clemson cup in with that asking price, or

Aug 27, 2013, 8:23 PM

maybe a photo of Howard's Rock. That 400 dollar price will get you a UGA ticket, too!

Aug 27, 2013, 9:04 PM

All you have to do is something else along with the ticket...like a pencil. It now becomes a ticket package with other benefits and can be sold at any price.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic