Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ticket Scammers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 575

Ticket Scammers

Sep 8, 2019, 8:10 PM

I do not have a solution for stopping scammers, and we are certainly aware of “buyer beware.” However, I believe if I share our experience with you, it may help in the long run.

My daughter and her friend purchased two very authentic-looking tickets from a man outside the gate at the Clemson football game on Sat, 7 Sep 2019. They even compared the look of the tickets with my husband’s ticket and thought everything looked good. We have the tickets and are certainly willing to provide them to you if it would help.

They were originally denied entry to the stadium because the hand-held device by the entry staff indicated a problem. As it was extremely crowded, and the supervisor was otherwise detained, the girls were allowed entry with my husband, to determine if the seats they purchase were vacant or not.

Unfortunately, the seats were occupied by valid ticket holders. The girls were able to sit near us in two seats that turned out to be unoccupied for the game. So they girls didn’t completely lose their money, but their spirits were a little bruised.

We have all learned our lesson in buying from non-reputable sources. I will brag on TigerNet.com and say that I, and everyone I have asked, always have very good experiences on selling and buying through TigerNet. This scammer was an individual, who likely knew exactly what he was doing. He asked for face value for the tickets, and did not pressure the girls to purchase. I have examined the counterfeit tickets more closely, and can see the lesser quality paper, print, and the flaws.

My larger heartbreak is that we observed more than a few Texas A&M fans denied entry because they were also scammed. After watching our Tiger fans embrace the Aggie fans, and go out of their way to make them feel welcome, it truly sickened us to know some had a bad experience because of the scammers – who are probably NOT Tiger fans.

Thank you for your attention, and your efforts to keep Clemson the best university on the map, and the Tigers the best ever. My husband is an alumni and we all love our Tigers.

Sincerely,

Robbie & Christine Parker

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always take a picture of the seller.

Sep 8, 2019, 8:34 PM

If he/she won’t allow it I don’t buy.

I hate it for you and your girls.

Re: Ticket Scammers

Sep 8, 2019, 10:55 PM

Stop being poor and buy on Stub Hub.

End of post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hello friend and blessings upon you and your offspring.

Sep 8, 2019, 11:07 PM

When awareness became of me of your predicament, I went to my nephew, the prince, to see how we can help. In serious fashion he indicates that he wishes to reimburse you to the tune of $10.000.00 dollars American in order to show the fastidiousness of our moral compass.

If you will but send us a Western Union for $750.00 to establish a wire transfer path, we will return the $10.000.00 plus the $750.00 to show the faith of the world is upon you.

Blessings,
Thomas Wijnkoppe, Esq

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hello friend and blessings upon you and your offspring.

Sep 8, 2019, 11:43 PM

248-44-6666 is my social.

Account Number at Bank of America is: 345666677666

I live in Indian Trail but my PO Box for soft core #### mags is Box 348, Indian Trail, NC 28806

Overnight if possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talked to a Texas A&M fan about this exact topic.

Sep 9, 2019, 8:51 AM

They are all digital now, or are going that way. Basically the school is able to totally control the tickets. Whether you use it, sell it, or even place it on Stub Hub. Makes counterfeiting almost impossible so he says.

https://12thman.com/sports/2018/8/10/digital-tickets.aspx

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my tix are digital. They would be easy to scam

Sep 9, 2019, 9:24 AM

i gave two tickets away.

Pulled them up on my phone and took a screen capture. Then texted the screen cap to them.

I could have done that 100 times with unsuspecting "clients"

Not if you can only access them through the IPTAY

Sep 9, 2019, 9:34 AM

app ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s also easy to track.

Sep 9, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to my tix are digital. They would be easy to scam ]

Even with a burner phone- you’ll get caught.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 575
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic