»
Topic: Thursday's Clemson Football practice report
Replies: 3   Last Post: Aug 26, 2011 12:03 PM by: Razzmatazz
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3  

Thursday's Clemson Football practice report

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 8:39 PM

Thursday's Clemson Football practice report

Dabo Swinney came off the practice fields Thursday feeling pretty good about the shape of his football team and the level of toughness he feels they will bring to game days on Saturdays. Full Story »

2020 admin level member

The team did seem tougher in '10 (more fight) than in TB era

[1]
Posted: Aug 26, 2011 1:44 AM

Maybe not Danny Ford, Nick Saban tough, but an improvement over the TB days. Morris, Caldwell, et al seem to be instilling toughness as well. It'll be interesting to see if the improvement continues. Fingers crossed.

Re: The team did seem tougher in '10 (more fight) than in TB era

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 1:47 AM

Nice to hear your change of heart. I thought there was some hope, however masked.

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

No change of heart. I've said that since the 2009 season.

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 12:03 PM

... and I'm always hopeful that Dabo will learn to be a great head coach someday. I dream about a 14-0 national title run this season.

I just call them like I see them. Dabo has strengths and weaknesses. If I point out Dabo's positives (like recruiting, attitude, energy, toughness, and recent coaching hires) nobody on T-Net ever complains. But if I point out Dabo's negatives (like some of his original coaching hires/retentions, play-call meddling, poor PT choices, letting KP be a disrespectful prima donna, etc.), lots of intolerant fans jump down my throat, level childish insults, and say that I'm incessantly negative (even though only a small percentage of my posts are actually negative).

I don't get those kinds of intolerant responses when I post my thoughts on other sports blogs like ESPN.com, ShakinTheSouthland.com, etc. It only happens here on T-Net, where there is a high percentage of intolerant pumpers. But that's OK. If I were to post a crticism of the Democrats on the liberal Huffington Post, I'd expect to get flamed by intolerant liberals, and if I were to post criticism of the Republicans on the conservative RedState.com, I'd expect to get flamed by intolerant conservatives. Unfortunately, it's just the nature of the pumper-oriented readership here on T-Net.

Replies: 3  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
3132 people have read this post