Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why did Thursday nite games come about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Why did Thursday nite games come about

Sep 12, 2013, 12:21 PM

TV exposure , but Thursday nite is for HS FB Sat. at 1oclock is for CFB .
Thursday screws the schdule up, gets timing off, it just ruins CFB. There is plenty time for TV exposure . Go Tigers!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate them too. Saturday's are college football "holy days"

Sep 12, 2013, 12:25 PM

in the South. They are special and where memories are made.

Thursdays are just . . .Thursdays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate them too. Saturday's are college football "holy days"

Sep 12, 2013, 12:32 PM

Aman to that

Count me "All In" for Saturdays at 1:00 p.m.

Sep 12, 2013, 2:01 PM

I would accept 2:00 and 3:30 as well as 12:00. That being said, I will be there, God willing, no matter the starting time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's very simple....

Sep 12, 2013, 12:29 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like Thurs games except for the between times...

Sep 12, 2013, 12:33 PM

when we have to wait so long to see Clemson play.

We get the big stage in front of every recruit in the country. This is a big deal this go around. The hurt of losing on Thurs night will soon end. Being embarrassed before prospective recruits won't happen again.

This is a different team and different day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

twice in 1 yr., which means 4 saturdays lost, is above and

Sep 12, 2013, 12:39 PM

beyond the call of duty. i call bs on this. yeah, you swoffy- tv says they need a good team, you volunteer us! this isn't basketball, tailgating involves more than a toast with an uncorked bottle of wine, and a piece of cheese on a cracker!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at the bright side Sgt.

Sep 12, 2013, 12:47 PM

We have extra time to prepare for NCS and GT. They are two of what most would consider our problem games over the past 10 years or so.

I agree, it's lemons to the fans but good thorough ### whuppins to the both of them should add enough sugar to make this a delicious year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson has only lost once to NCST in the past 10 years?***

Sep 12, 2013, 1:40 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: I like Thurs games except for the between times...

Sep 12, 2013, 12:39 PM [ in reply to I like Thurs games except for the between times... ]

Ditto that CT1988. It is a great thing for exposure. My goodness, Tiger Nation is having a year like no other when it comes to positive national exposure. The lead up to ESPN Gameday on Bowman Field, the prime time game and WIN against the mighty #5 SEC/ UGA Bulldogs, ESPNU Road Trip at Clemson that aired very shortly after and add the Heisman talk surrounding Tajh Boyd and Sammy Watkins and a now #3 ranking. YOU CANNOT BUY THAT! Now add the Thursday night game against NC State and what should be (knock on wood) a great win on national TV. GO TIGERS!!!

I hate Thursday night games.

Sep 12, 2013, 2:54 PM [ in reply to I like Thurs games except for the between times... ]

Unless you're the home team. But even then some fans have a difficult time getting to the game.

It's crazy that it took years to realize it is unfair for a team to play a game on Saturday then play a road Thursday night game the very next week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Why did Thursday nite games come about

Sep 12, 2013, 12:42 PM

In the late 90's pre-Boston College it was near impossible to see Clemson up here in Massachusetts. I liked it at the time because I was guaranteed to see at least a game or two.

This season's schedule is fine with the Thursdays because for the two games we have a bye before hand and don't have a short 5 day week in between. That killed us in '06 after thrashing Ga Tech and 5 days later losing to Va Tech.

I'd like to go back to all Saturdays now frankly. For a few years we had no Thursday games which I thought was a Dabo decision. We had one last year I think and two this year.

PLUS now the NFL has decided to step on the NCAA's feet by holding its own Thursday games. This ticks me off because pro sports are king up here.

Only Saturday's again!

Yep. Our season was ruined in 2006 because of a Thursday

Sep 12, 2013, 2:56 PM

night game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Thursday night games are good because....

Sep 12, 2013, 12:49 PM

without them there would be no Thursday night games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thursday night games are good because....

Sep 12, 2013, 12:54 PM

I just worry that this will hurt our attendance big-time vs GT later this year.

Fans from outside the upstate area will need to take both Thursday and Friday off to be able to attend this game.

Our ratings will be higher for that game b/c its on Thursday

Sep 12, 2013, 1:01 PM

We will still have more Clemson fans there than Georgia Tech fans have EVER packed into their stadium.

Plus, we get more than a week to prepare.

Plus again, we get them at home for the 2nd year in a row, so its hard to complain.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm taking off Thrs & Fri to go to both NCST and GT games

Sep 12, 2013, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Thursday night games are good because.... ]

...that's what vacation days are made for: FOOTBALL SEASON :D

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Can't stand Thurs. football for College and NFL...

Sep 12, 2013, 1:04 PM

Thursday is for JV football, Friday for Varsity, Saturday for College, and Sunday/ Monday for the pros.

two words ..... Money .... Gambling***

Sep 12, 2013, 1:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thursdays should be reserved from MACtion

Sep 12, 2013, 1:20 PM

love me some MACtion.

Re: Why did Thursday nite games come about

Sep 12, 2013, 1:45 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gnpoOG8jGw

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am beach, old soul, & country, but she is great & much

Sep 12, 2013, 2:22 PM

like Rod Stewart......Great show! Now back to Tiger football.

Intended to give smaller schools tv time in the beginng!

Sep 12, 2013, 3:25 PM

nm

Never been crazy bout them especially since Tigers lose more

Sep 12, 2013, 6:12 PM

than they win..IMO. Prove it, I dare you! Haaa.

Go#3TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nah, we broke the Ga Dome curse and the Thursday night

Sep 12, 2013, 8:59 PM

curse last year.

WE ARE GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic